Independently hosting a game?

I couldn’t find much on the topic (besides from if i wanted to make money on it, I had to sign a commercial license), but I was interested in making a free CYOA game for fun and to share with friends and others.

I couldn’t find any resources on how to do so without sharing raw files or attempting to get it approved through Choice of Games. Is this allowed? And if so, how can I do so? Again, this will be 100% free and I don’t want to make money from it, I just want to write something I can share and enjoy with my friends.

You can just export the game as an html file and share that however you wish. If you’re not going to make money from it (no charging, no voluntary donations, no nothing) I don’t think you need CoG to give you explicit permission.

4 Likes

On that same note, if you are looking to make money, then you need to purchase a commercial license from COG to publish your game. If you’re just looking to host a free game, you can do so either with Myrtle’s method or by uploading your game to Dashingdon and sharing the link to the game.

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds to me like Dashingdon is what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah! That’s exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for this!

Solved! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Calopry if you have any questions regarding DashingDon, please post them in the thread that Havenstone linked.