If You Could Make or see a COG for an Official Licence

[quote=“Nocturnal_Stillness, post:20, topic:10267”]
[…]but as long as it was clearly marked as a fan-only project you could host it on a website for free.
[/quote]Technically, not quite right. Fan works are one of those legal grey areas, and by grey areas, I mean legally, no you’re not allowed to use someone else’s work, and it’s only really the fact that most companies do not crack down on free fan works that makes it ‘grey’. A company can issue a Cease and Desist and maybe even go through with serious legal action if you don’t comply. It’s mostly the fact that most don’t care enough (or even encourage fan works) that gives it the veneer of being purely legal.

I actually enquired about it with both COG and Bioware. COG said they couldn’t publish it but it would be okay if I got permission. Bioware said it was okay as long as it was free and clearly stated it was a fan work.

1 Like

That does sound like a cool concept for a free COG, and Bioware are nice to getting back to you positively on that really. Most likely they’re grateful that you’d contact them about it first.

1 Like

Doctor Who. That is all.

4 Likes

I would make Bioshock Eternity which would be a remake of System Shock (Bioshock in spaaaace!) using the newer Bioshock lore.

1 Like

Dragon Age. That is all.

I’d love to see a CoG set in the world of Skulduggery Pleasant, Necroscope or Chronicles of the Raven.

Fallout, Star Wars or The Elder Scrolls. In that order.

1 Like

CoG would then be the interactive fiction counterpart to Telltale Games, I’d love it if they got a license from Ubisoft to do a standalone Assassins Creed sidestory - like how Telltale is allowed to do with Game of Thrones.

You could just make a naval game set in the world of the Infinite Sea that would kick ass too.

While Dragon Age and the Elder scrolls are fine choices for a potential licensed game, I, for one, would like to see some more comedy on this site, so Blackadder perhaps. Sadly the lighter, more comedy oriented games, never seem to last long in the WIP section here, Days of the Demon Lord, Tavern Tales and the Burden for starters. I’m still holding out hope that at least one of these will get picked back up and finished.

It would, but I’ve already written that universe into the hole of “I can make it gender-locked, and therefore unacceptable as a power fantasy, or I could Set it decades after the current timeline,

The Unknown Armies RPG. Wonderful setting.