I need YOU..... to pick one

I definitely will, thank you for responding.

1 Like

As for the second story Iā€™d like to clarify that the stats will be determining your performance on the field and subsequent victory or defeat and your performances would eventually enable you to be selected for the national squad or not but you wouldnā€™t have to win every game. The league system prior to the WC is here to ad realism to the game as the career of a professional sportsman and it would be a way to prepare for the games at the WC, where of course passed the quaterfinals a defeat would be disqualifying. I donā€™t know if there are fellow Europeans here but think of an actual rugby union or football (erā€¦ soccer as some say :confounded: ) league where players have to show that theyā€™re good enough for a competition.

1 Like

I think the third choice sounds very nice! It also seems to be the one your the most passionate about. But as the writer only you can choose the one you want to write.

1 Like

Iā€™m more attracted by the first one, if you ask me.

Thatā€™s really interesting, I had no idea. Iā€™m actually not very familiar with dog sledding myself, being from the southeast coast (grew up fishing). But I have certainly been to some of the jumping off points for the gold rush. Fun fact: part of the set for the (abridged and overdramatized) Disney White Fang movie is still standing, and the ā€˜saloonā€™ is an excellent pizza place! :yum:

Yes, write your story, however you envision it. Outside of Jack London, thereā€™s not a lot of really good fiction about Alaska, and Iā€™d like to see more.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t have to be like this. For ā€˜The Raceā€™, which is an elimination sports game at heart, there are 5 possible endings, 3 of which are good. While the sport is the main idea, it doesnā€™t have to be the only focus in the game.

For a Rugby game, that could be uncovering cheating within the sport, or recovering from a career threatening injury. Perhaps exposing betting fraud or choosing family over career and seeing the consequences.

Edit: I should say my vote would be for 2, the sports game!
Second choice would be 1 as itā€™s a new story and sounds interesting.

4 Likes

I like option 2, but that mainly has to do with the fact that I like games that deal with daily, real-world interactions since Iā€™m not fond of overly fantastical settings.

1 Like

I like the 2nd option but thatā€™s because I have always wanted to play a sports game using the Choice of game script and I think there hasnā€™t been a sports game done yet so that would be interesting to see and brand new

1 Like

Do the second option because I canā€™t find a good sports game on here and it will be a new change of pace from the regular games posted

2 Likes

After thinking it over a bit, I think the 2nd option would be the best one. We dont have a lot of sports games here, and the ones that are there are almost all dead.

2 Likes

Yeah, so, most of what I was going to say has already been said, in one specific post by one specific person, so Iā€™ll quote you there :sweat_smile:

(This was honestly a bit uncanny. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Iā€™ll just note that the third and fourth would be the ones Iā€™d be likeliest to read. The storytelling aspects you mention for the third idea sound like the kind of stuff Iā€™d be most interested in reading about anyway, and I think if youā€™re focusing more on that rather than stats, and not going for the difficulty or strategy aspects, then Iā€™m not sure why it would be too difficult to pull off. I mean, writing lots of story and lots of lore would be a challenge, but it wouldnā€™t be a mechanical challenge :thinking:
Especially since you mentioned that it might be more linear, that would probably be easier as a first-time project. (And yeah, itā€™s the fact that you ā€œwant to put focus on relatively neglected aspectsā€ that catches my interest :smile:)

I do also really like the fourth idea as well. Iā€™d like to see some prehistoric settings explored in general :grin:
When it comes to the survival aspect, Iā€™d just note that the main thing is that getting a game over due to dying just because you made a few less-than-optimal choices (rather than, say, because you knowingly made some risky choices) is really frustrating. So it might not be a bad idea to have it more where youā€™ll go through various difficulties and tribulations, rather than just plain dying :thinking:

Anyway, I wish you luck with whatever you decide to go for :smile:

3 Likes

The first idea is my favourite! Itā€™s a nice, honest and individual idea. The survival aspect intrigues me as well, especially since the player will be vulnerable to diseases and the wilderness.

I canā€™t help but imagine The Revenant when picturing this WiP and Iā€™ve always been a sucker for that good kind of gritty, dirt-in-nails, read that I feel this idea might become.

The second idea is unique but kind of restricts your audience to those only interested in sportā€¦ Or maybe I just dislike the idea because itā€™s rugby and, being a New Zealander, I hear enough about the bloody sport everday. So, no thank you :blush:

Number three will probably be the most popular. But Iā€™ve seen it before. Been there done that, yā€™know? I will always, always go for something with a new and interesting concept first, before falling back on the comfort of fantasy.

The fourth option seems promising though not enough detail is provided for me to formulate a developed opinion.

3 Likes

To be fair, I donā€™t think we really know what the concept is from the brief paragraph we got. Medieval fantasy is a pretty broad topic, and since itā€™s described as lore-heavy, it could go in quite a few directions. We donā€™t really know the nature of the society, the main characterā€™s background, anything about the issues at stakeā€¦ etc. So Iā€™d just say it can be quite the diverse genre (even though it isnā€™t always very diverse in practice) and could be quite new and interesting. It depends on what @TheNobleOne plans to do with it.

2 Likes

There is only one thing we know thatā€™s at stake at this point in time, and that thing is my head. On a stake. Can you hear the riot of angry cries from all the fantasy/medieval fans?

True, we do know very little about the plot and characters. That goes for all the ideas. Thereā€™s just something about another medieval and fantasy world that makes me groan a little. The idea does not peak my interest and it doesnā€™t repulse it either.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything like #4 out thereā€¦

2 Likes

I am very happy to see that so many people took the time to leave an opinion here. Itā€™s especially interesting since the opinions are different from one user to another and I take a lot of pleasure in reading every response. :smile:
I took the tips I got to heart and played a bit with the engine, but thereā€™s still a lot to do hahaha. As for the stories, thank you again for helping out, voicing your concerns and hopes. I got a good picture of it now and I will act accordingly. :nerd_face:
As for which project Iā€™ll pick in the end, Iā€™d like to take a few days to ponder it given everything I have been told here. Iā€™ll post my decision here on Sunday (European, France time) , Iā€™d like not to delay too much because as the school year advances Iā€™ll get to have more and more to do so Iā€™d like to start with the project as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention, and keep the remarks coming till then !

3 Likes

Well I didnā€™t want to get in depth about the plot here. As I said, came up with a lore rich world, I know where itā€™ll take mlace, the time period, the character youā€™ll be playing as, his surroundings and entourage, his ancestry and what kind of story I intend but as I said in the original post, itā€™s more an ambitious project. I havenā€™t fleshed this particular moment yet, and so I do not yet know how the story will unfold, and itā€™s finality will be.

1 Like

I wanna see where 4 goes, seems interesting and original. Good luck! :+1:t2:

1 Like

I like both 1 and 3 so go with either but maybe do 1

Iā€™d say go for 2 or 4, gender locked games have less interactivity and number 3 has been done quite a lot, personally Iā€™d love to see a game set in the prehistoric Era, taming a sabre tooth Tiger would be fun itā€™ll be like meet the crowds.