How to delete your account?

After the the whole political discussion , I come to the realization I don’t want to be on here anymore, it reminded me why I don’t like participating in forums.

2 Likes

You know you can just mute that thread, right?

Tho if you still want to delete the account then idk tbh. Maybe a moderator is needed for that too like they are needed for a name change.

5 Likes

You need to message a moderator to shut it down.

2 Likes

You can’t delete your account; you can ask a moderator to silence your account, perhaps, or something like that. But if you’d like to stay (and I encourage you to) it sounds like that would definitely be a good thread to mute.

6 Likes

Thank you all

2 Likes

I hope you don’t felt upset for something I had said It was never my intention. I like having you around so sorry If I you felt bad.

2 Likes

Thank you, but it wasn’t anything. you did, it just got rather irritating after I wanted to drop the subject, but despite saying it was simply my opinion multiple people kept going to prove me wrong.
It reminded me why I usually don’t make comments on forums.

1 Like

It is a very controversial topic I am surprised about so much really. I think people just love talking about the political aspect and is not about your opinion or trying to make you feel bad but i will trying them drop the point to make you feel better.

2 Likes

Thank you I really appreciate that, though I should’ve known what I was getting into.
It’s like an unwritten rule of the internet, “You can’t have an opinion without an argument”
And I always happen to have an unpopular one.

2 Likes

I have that problem a lot. And add to mixture that I am not native and my English skills aren’t good so sometimes i sound like a rude jerk. I like civil discussion however that should end in moment someone feel uncomfortable with it.

2 Likes

I understand people are passionate about the subject, but it went from a debate to people outright telling me i’m wrong, it’s just excessive, and I do have proof to confirm some of my suspicions.

I just feel sorry about how this went for you and hope see you around. And don’t feel shy to opine about everything. I myself are in your place with unpopular opinions a lot so I know how it goes people here is normally very civil if not you directly flg their posts and moderation intervene

2 Likes

Thank you for being so kind instead of telling me I’m being overly sensitive or something like that.
We handled it personally, but it was rather unsettling the way Verand attacked me and everyone agreed.

1 Like

People sometimes overreact on the internet guess that happens when they have anonymity. Also political topics are dangerous I guess, since people feel strongly about those. (Hence why I rather avoid such topics both IRL and on the internet.)

Anyway I’m sorry you had bad experiences on a forum which imo is quite civilized one normally and overall a calm place compared to some other sites. Hope your experiences on here will be better in the future.

3 Likes

I am normally in your side lol and feeling that way so I understand you. my advice you just flagging the posts you feel uncomfortable with moderation is very sympathetic and fast.

2 Likes

Thank you both

1 Like

Not sure even previous threads asked for it.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/i-want-to-delete-my-account-is-their-anyway-i-can-do-this-on-here/1952

But I do not think it is possible to delete an account.

2 Likes

Thank you, I was told you can only mute an account.

2 Likes

Whoops. Only read the first post. Glad you found an answer thou. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes