Hosted Games Streaming on Twitch

Howdy there folks! It is I, your resident Hosted Games Production Regent!

I come to you today with an announcement and a request.

I know there are a lot of questions about Hosted Games and the process to get a project published. In response to this I am going to start streaming our releases on Release Day! Yay!! These streams are going to cover as much of a game’s demo as I can cover in an hour or two, as well as an open Q&A for anyone that wants to chat about Choicescript, Hosted Games publication, or what I had for lunch.

With that being said here is my request: tune into the stream! This is going to be a new experiment for me and for Hosted Games* so having input from our users/readers/authors will be invaluable. I want to know what y’all have to say and open another avenue for Staff to talk with y’all directly and more casually.

Without further ado I present to thee: My Twitch Link! This is my personal Twitch account while we figure out if this project is something y’all enjoy enough to make Official™.

Y’all can tune in tonight at 7:30pm CST for the soft launch of my channel. I would love to have y’all and your feedback. :smiley:

*Disclaimer: I know there have been attempts at official CoG streams before, but that was before my time so we are starting from scratch here.

67 Likes

May god have mercy on my wi-fi so that I can actually tune in to this. :pray:

10 Likes

Mine too :sob: :pray:

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea. With good audience participation it could be a blast to play through some games together. Plus we can get all the juicy CoG secrets!

Unfortunately 7:30 CST is a fairly awkward time for anyone not in the Americas (I appreciate this time isn’t set in stone for now and forever). Fortunately I have a terrible sleep pattern so should be able to join for 30 mins or so :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oof. I’m in this picture and I don’t like it.

@KaiDeleon Is there any way to save the stream for users who might miss it? And would it be possible for users to send in some questions for you ahead of time?

4 Likes

If folks want to post some questions here they are more than welcome! I know the stream can be clipped but let me check my settings an see if it is set up to automatically save the stream s well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will definitely be working on the stream schedule. For now it is America-centric because I am locates in the southern US, but I will be looking into what times might be helpful for our international members! (If you have a time that would work for your area I am happy to compare that to my availability for future streams :eyes: )

1 Like

I want to congratulate you with the idea and hope no trolls destroy the experience as I think could be a great way to give popularity to games.

Could it be possible that viewers can choose via poll choices? That could attract viewers.

4 Likes

I was thinking about polling the viewers for the options via a bot :eyes:

And I hope so too! Thankfully I have decent experience handling trolls so fingers are crossed I don’t have to kick anyone :stuck_out_tongue: And thank you very much! I am equal parts nervous and excited right now!

5 Likes

You will do great I am sure the game’s interactivity goes great with Twitch so I hope this encourage more streamers to try with Cog and or hosted games as a way to give awareness to the games.

1 Like

@KaiDeleon I don’t know how, but you can definitely get your stream to save the entire thing for people to view after the fact. It may even be automatic as it comes under the ‘previous broadcasts’ tab on streamer’s profiles.

I also don’t know about a bot, but there is a polling feature which I’ve seen used for twitch chat (which may be a bot). That will be a slow way to play the game, so you’ll have to break out your karaoke skills whilst we vote :wink:

4 Likes

The chat function sounds like the one I was planning to use!

I will start warming up with my pitch pipe now :rofl:

4 Likes

I will prepare to cheer all the evil choices available :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Really great stream, a lot of fun and two great demos showcased.

@KaiDeleon did an amazing job of reading and hosting - amazing voice acting! We’ll have to push the boundaries on your accents more next time. As I said on stream, definitely look to do this more often than just with releases.

#MoreRAMForKai

2 Likes

Thank you so much to the folks that joined the stream! It was a lot of fun and it sounds like y’all would like to do this again! I truly cannot thank y’all enough <3

#MoreRAMForKai

6 Likes

Thanks so much for streaming, @KaiDeleon! Your read-throughs were great, and thanks for taking questions too – super fun all around.

I really love going through narrative games with a group and hearing everyone’s thoughts. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to hang out at a CS game stream; looking forwards to hopefully more in the future. <3

#MoreRAMForKai ;D

6 Likes

Thank you so much for being there! In addition to being in the stream I can now publicly thank you for your very hard and much appreciated work supporting our Hosted Games with your reviews!!

3 Likes

Great initiative Kai! :slight_smile: Though I’d like to echo what some others have said… Any chance to record it? (Time is not so good for me…). Maybe place the recording in YouTube? (Or anywhere where we can see if after…)

2 Likes

The recording is up on the linked Twitch, under the videos tab.

8 Likes

I will see about uploading to Youtube soon! At the moment this is a one man operation so I am figuring out things as I go. But thank you for the support and the advice! It helps to know how many people would be interested in a VOD.

Once things are a little smoother and I have a firmer grasp on streaming I will be planning some weekend streams and other-time streams for our international folks! :smiley:

10 Likes