Honey and Fire (TEMPORARY HIATUS - New RO added)

As much as I enjoyed this. Is there a reason as to why we don’t get to pick out body type? Everything else is great but that not being included kinda bothered me a little.

Beyond that I enjoyed reading this. It really sucked me in and made me curious!

2 Likes

Trying to incorporate a character customization scene was very awkward for me as it was and I know some people want to just get on with the story instead of going through such options, so I tried to minimize how many things I added to customization. I wanted to stick to ones that could convey something about the MC or the world the story’s set in through allowing those options even if they’re not chosen (I’m talking, unnatural and two-tone hair/eye colors and being able to have impractically long hair)

So, for that reason, I decided to leave the MC’s height and body type up to the player’s imagination. (Tho I did say once on tumblr that the MC canonically isn’t shorter than Effie nor taller than Day) These choices won’t really have any affect game-wise anyway, except maybe some flavor text once in a while. But if people want me to add options for body type, that’s fine, I can try to find a way to work it in.

9 Likes

To be completely fair the bath scene would be a completely fine place to throw it in with the rest of the things and depending on whatever choices there are, could idly throw in things once in a blue moon that make references to your choice there.

It’s not something I desperately need, but it is something I would enjoy having the option to pick.

Just idle thoughts lol. I have no idea why but not having any references to it at all just grate on my nerves slightly.

3 Likes

@Kanaya Then I’ll include that option in the next update. It’ll be a while.

4 Likes

I forgot about this comment. Um… I mean, both of them are more capable than me, in probably every aspect so…

Whichever one I choose to save, they probably wouldn’t need it and the other would be fine, too. Can they, like, save me instead

6 Likes

I’m gonna go on a limb and say the last 2 RO’s are going to be introduced mid-late story, and will be straight? Or heteroflexible, kek

? :confused: All of the ROs are listed in the original post, including their sexualities. Olilia will be introduced next update, and Inias will appear by the end of chapter 1.

4 Likes

Oh, it says 6 of 8. And can’t count. So, I skimmed so I got confused. Whoops.

Yassss! My wife :rainbow:

Ahem…Also, just wanted to break my typical lurking to say I love the game, especially your writing style! Hope your recovery is going well too and that you feel better.

2 Likes

Very cute. Glad we got the nudity out of the way quickly. lol
Looking forward to reading more.

@pandaboi Another idle thought that slipped my mind but If you are going to add it, another good place besides the bath scene you could add it at is when we initially wake up and don’t know we’re just wearing the cloak basically nude. Lol.

Creating a save game option within the code Hey I was wondering if you can put saving in the game and I didn’t know if u knew how to or not I don’t have time to read all the comments so I’m just gonna leave that link in case u need it or not it worked got another writer I gave it to sorry if u already know know to

2 Likes

Hey guys, sorry for not replying to comments for so long. Been a bit busy. Other than the game, I do have some other stuff to work on, but I’m trying to keep focus on HoF for the time being.

The next update is truly coming along now, thankfully. I hesitate to say I’m even halfway done, but at least I’m not being slowed down so much. My birthday’s coming up real soon and I wanted to get the update out by then, but it might not happen unless I’m lucky.

@Kanaya I’d like to keep the appearance customization to one specific place, but no worries, I actually found a perfect place to put the option~

@Truepoperking33 I actually do know how to add the save option, I even intended to put it in last update, I just kept forgetting to do it. Thanks for reminding me. NEXT update, for real this time, there’ll be a save system.

27 Likes

so have not played through the hole demo but starting to feel no i belive my character is a werewolf just saying

Mmmm… not werewolf but dragon. :wink:

Actually, I’m gonna make that much clearer sometime soon, in the summary and the beginning. In fact, I’m only still blurring that as a spoiler because I’m awkward and don’t know if I still should or not.

7 Likes

So we’re a dragon? That actually sounds really cool. I need to get Ambience music for my MC whenever I play now. I think I have just the thing!

Goes through lists and lists of music

Could Totally Steal McBurns from the Kiseki Series

Especially considering his characters backstory causing him to only see glimpses of his memory whenever he uses his power.
https://youtu.be/PkjFKwZ1WQs

Or I could totally steal Belief from the new Kiseki as well

Cuz this song is amaze and I love its new version
https://youtu.be/1MzMmHZdmNg

I need my ambience music for games.

The feeling of having no memory and these people know more about me than i know about myself damn that creeps me out i don’t think i could ever trust anybody in that group or anybody at all for that matter.

6 Likes

Felt Strongly of Dragon but was only 80-90% sure,
Maybe 5% Tarrasque optimism on that part.

Edit btw Hope you have a fun birthday.

2 Likes

Maybe you will visit Stockholm soon… I hear they have syndromes there! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

how get Day heart out of cold get wood then start a fire Day there you fix cold heart