HMS Foraker (WIP)

How long will this be? Word wise.

1 Like

It should be about 60k words or so, all told. I’m aiming for a single playthrough of 10-15k words.

3 Likes

@Cataphrak

1 Like

Should be fixed.

Chapter 2 is about half done. It’ll either be up this week, or after March’s Patreon articles are up.

11 Likes

@Cataphrak:

1. Bannister has a point. The captains of 38-gun frigates are not in the habit of turning their ship about to rescue a single lost topmen, no matter how popular they may be. Yet the seas are not too rough. Whitlock might yet keep his head above water for long enough to be rescued.

The bolded text should be topman.

1. On that random scene involving Bartlett and Lewis; if we fail to get a confession from Lewis, then we don’t know he’s a blackmailer, yes? Because the harshest punishment means that we know that Lewis is a blackmailer.
2 Likes

UPDATE:
Chapter 2 is done, but the random events attached to it aren’t. That, plus my work for Burden of Command, plus the writing I need to do for my Patreon articles probably means a chapter update sometime around monday or tuesday.

27 Likes

This is definitely the choice of broadsides sequel I have been waiting for. Naval adventures are definitely an under represented genre.

2 Likes

No, this is a side story in the world of Choice of Broadsides, and cataprak stated it before we played the demo.

1 Like

You may need a lesson in figurative speech

1 Like

I for one do consider this the spiritual successor of Choice of Broadsides.

3 Likes

I look forward to playing… Thank you!!!

New update, complete with Chapter 2, a couple more random events a Steamed Hams meme and a few more bugfixes.

LINK

17 Likes

Is Her Majesty also insane? I would like to receive a letter of commendation with only the word “crumpet” written on it and signed and sealed.

His/Her Majesty’s mental health was probably established somewhere in the original’s setting notes.
So personally, I have no idea.

2 Likes

I assumed it was good ole Farmer George and that he was as insane as canon George.

Seems like there is a problem with the code if you get the dispatch prize early. It just repeats that choice again. I think the girl label might be wrong.

That should be fixed now, unless you’re referring to different bug than the one I found.

Here are some mistakes that I found :

Capture1

1. Simpson is not capitalised in the second line.

Capture2

1 Like

if ((c_sailing + gallantry) - 100) <= 1 I think this check is reversed. Also I feel like the moral boost from the successful prize run outside new Lancaster is a bit skimpy. Even with the best result I only got 4 additional points of crew moral going from 45 to 49.

I should note that prize money is also tracked, and will determine your ending (as will Patronage, a stat which is otherwise useless)

1 Like