Hey, what's that game? -- A thread for identifying ChoiceScript games

Searching for the unfinished horror and survival story that has major Attack on Titan elements — such as playing as a badass ninja OP who sword fights giants, and orders an army around. There’s a court sentence in the beginning after a conflict with a local bully and you and your best friend are sent to the military as a consequence. Also from what I remember, the author was unable to continue with the project because of data loss, or login issues?

is it The Night Hunters: First Blood [Updated 10/1/21]?

1 Like

That’s it! That’s the one! Thank you for your help.

1 Like

It has been a while since I’ve read this particular IF so please pardon me the very vague and barely strung together snippets of whatever I can barely recall. There was some sort of crime that required a detective (an RO whose name might’ve started with an A??) and I also remember our neighbor being good with plants or something? Also an RO (I think they were a character set as female) Uhh, at some point two siblings come into the story and you can be interested in one of them? I remember a van scene. You encounter an injured person and they’re an RO as well (their name might’ve started with an R??) I don’t think this project had a choice of games post or I might’ve bookmarked it so I wouldn’t have to struggle with finding it :sob:

Are you meaning Speaker? The neighbor was a dryad, so “pretty good with plants” is an understandable half-memory of her, plus other stuff sounds basically right in the same way, at least to my memory (I haven’t played it in a while). If so, here’s the new link, Speaker by speakergame. The author was one of the ones to move to twine in the past year or so, to explain your remembering it from here but not finding it.

1 Like

Some of what you described makes me think of CyberPolice

1 Like

Thank you SO much, that’s exactly what it is!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: my night has been drastically improved thanks to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not this, a user has already helped me identity the game but ty nonetheless, any help is appreciated! :grin:

1 Like

Yessss thank you :blush:

Hello , I played this wip a long time ago and im trying to find it again. So heres the premis of the story that i can remember.

You are an agent / worker in this company that hunt rouge monsters ( vampires, werewolves, etc.) You and your partner have been task to hunt these rouge vampire cuz they murder someone.

When both of you meet this rouge, she / he said they were innocent. Your partner didnt believe it tho.

Fast forward, you guys failed to catch the rouge and the mc is introduced to the rival and their work partner too. The rival seems to hate you and your partner especially you for some reason and her partner is the type to calm her down and try to diffuse the situation.

Then you and your partner meet this warlock / mage who is immortal / live for a long time. She’s the stoic type like Ava from the WayHaven series but she can do jokes.
And then she heal you both from your wounds.

Fast forward, you and the company found your boss is missing.

Fast forward again, the rouge half vampire suddenly in your house and she said know hoe to find your boss.

Thats as far as i can remember .

Heres the ros list : I think theres five of them.

Your partner
Your rival ( hate you for no reason but intrigued me)
Your rival’s partner ( kind and calm type like Ava’s best friend in WayHaven)
The warlock (stoic type)
The rouge half vampire ( joking type)

I remember this, I played this demo. I can’t recall the name, but I know it’s moved to Twine. Lemme see if I can find the name or some more info.

its ‘when twilight strikes’!!! amazing game!!!

here’s the link!

6 Likes

I haven’t played that game in a long time but I read through the ROs list and did two of them get scrapped? I thought there were two elf siblings as ROs. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this in :sweat_smile: I just saw it mentioned and I’ve been wondering.

1 Like

oh that’s a different IF, “enchanted in blood”!!!

here’s the link

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, I’m really mixing up different IFs :sob: thank you for clearing that up for me :’)

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been looking for this game, and I wonder if it’s still in progress or has been abandoned. It was set in a post-apocalyptic world, and the MC was fleeing from demonic dogs (?) in an abandoned supermarket, where they were aided by their fashionable Italian vampire friend who helped them steal a car and flee to a diner (?) where they met two other characters (I think one was a werewolf) before the demo promptly ended. I sincerely hope it’s still being worked on, as despite it’s short length so far, it was one of my favourite demos of all time:)

I think that’s Creature’s Cradle, based on this post the author said that the project has always been a secondary project and will not be updated regularly, but it isn’t abandoned :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you

Ok so here’s what very *very * little I remember. I remember there being an RO (there were several but this is the only one I remember, and his name might’ve started with a J??) :sob: who was adopted perhaps, maybe not even officially but he lived with you and your parents. There’s also like, a circus scene? That’s legit all I remember. Like your MC goes to the circus and encounters someone following them or questioning them… smth along those lines.

I think you are probably talking about Welcome to the Circus?

1 Like