Heroes Rise: Why so unpopular?

I always prefered BM even through all the shit. I mean she was brainwashed by Madam Vice and most likely used for sex based on the dialogue, basically raped. It makes sense for her to have some issues. I stayed with them and I liked that she did get better, but to be honest it’s like Sergi completely forgot the character he wrote in Book 1. Book 1, Book 2, and Book 3 are literally all different characters of BM. And then the sequel, who the fuck is Bright Magic. I want Black Magic.

I do hate how the game and the MC tell you to go fuck yourself if you don’t make it clear your not interested in them.
They’re better than Lucky at least she’s no different than a blank piece of paper.

We kissed 22 years ago at camp. Cool.

5 Likes

Power VS Health

Even if some characters have inconceivable levels of power, they are restricted to using said power responsibly, it it is incredibly irresponsible to be going over in powers that can kill you or turn you mad.

1 Like

Also: when exactly did that kiss happen? Lucky is stated to have been the only poor kid there, so it must have been before the parent’s trial.
But that happened when the mc was 13.

@Axe-L-Rose another thing that is never explained. How is it supposed to work? Why is all the medication that CAN counter it illegal?
In fact why is everything thag helps disabled peeps illegal in the world of HR?

i get what you mean but having a sobstory was never an excuse to throw ultimatum at me and betray my trust because of A GODDAMN REALITY TV SHOW, if it was for the whole big ‘powered crisis’ i could have understood but for something that dumb, it just mean she never cared about the MC and i don’t want that kind of abusive nonsens, i mean if she does that for what is basicaly nothing then i don’t want to see what she would do for something that is actualy important

as for Lucky, she has a clear enough personality (which isn’t the case for BM, she has litteraly a different personality every scene), actualy like the MC and their relationship is stable and healthy, that’s enough to make it a more valid choice than BM

4 Likes

HR feels like a Choice-Delight game, does that make sense?

P.S
Prodigal
OTR

@Logan3000x
I prefer the whip dance.
I like a woman who can put me in a cage.
TMI?

1 Like

I wanted to do the worn dance with prodigal.

It was during highschool or middle school. If it’s middle school then this backstory is even worse. Highschool then Sergi forgot his own continuity.

Eh that’s a matter of opinion. Me I have no feelings for Lucky to she’s just…there.

5 Likes

probably because most of it can also be used to do horrible stuff to other people, like the depowering device, it can save one person but destroy another

so it’s a double edged sword

I enjoyed Heroes Rise (and sequels) it was my first COG I ever played. I know people said it was too linear but I think it turned out alright for me. I throughly ‘cough, cough’ enjoyed Black Magic and loved Redemption Season. It can’t be easy to write two (going on three with Versus whoop, whoop) MC’s into one scene but Z did it perfectly.

1 Like

I’m talking about the psychotropics Miss A got.
I’m talking about splicing that could have save Kelly just as easily.

I’m talking about a world that claims to have no oppression yet is ableist af.

Redway: you need to read more stories.

1 Like

Even in RS, legislation about power dynamics and rights are still going on, headcannon, in the aftermath of Victon, the government went back to pre-victon status quo.
But the heroes mostly media-govern in determining the bad guys.
I. E the conflict of RS

Do you think that people would endorsed powered meds when the last one turned you to bombs, I should have worded myself better,

The Pump was a medication sold on, trying to help powereds, but was a part of an anti-powered sentiment conspiracy.

The Pump wasn’t distributed to many, but the public later knew it was the reason for those outbursts and that the president himself distributed, If you can’t trust the government, then why bother making it legal?

The Pump was a good drug, soiled when it was used for bad purposes, it helped Monk and fistfull

Which by all means must have been an utter mess even worse.

After all, this was a time when ‘heroes’ regularly killed people and just got a mild slap on the wrist and a small fee (yes, the game says hefty, but look how rich powereds are apparently on a common base)

Pump was a fake from the start. Good gracious… all authorial shortcominfs aside, sergi did make clear that stuff was never medication and that story was fake to get the mc to take it

1 Like

Was there ever a reason why our parents were thrown in super prison forever and almost executed for supposedly killing Miss Artillery, when its clear that it was a) an accident and b) she was a dangerous villain? Or is it really just because Victon wanted a scapegoat to show how violent powereds were? Forgive me if the answer is obvious. Its been a while since I’ve played the first three.

1 Like

Miss A body looked in a manner that would suggest an unnecessarily violent end, and Victon was in on it, he choose to push a message on a string of hero on villain crimes.

Like the Aurora Borealis of getting good people arrested, a rare and beautiful sight.

Well in a world where people shoot fireballs at one another and attack each other with claws and fangs, does her death really count as unnecessarily violent anymore? And unless they continued to attack long after she died I think “unnecessarily violent” is kind of a weak claim to be honest.

This is one of the biggest plotholes:

Victon, by all means, did one thing:
Put his foot down to protect the regular public.

By what we are told powereds did see themself above the law, and that manslaughter case was not the first of its kind.

Which opens a ton of plotholes:

Why stage the case? If he can already manipulate what lands on his desk or if he was the only judge in the city, why stage it at all.
How did he pull it all off alone. We are really to believe that no guard, mortician etc was involved? Sergi is so keen on long exposition, that not mentioning that equals they dont exist.

Also, why exactly is the MC’s plan to redeem the family name by becoming a reckless vigilante not caring who gets hurt on their way, after the parents were convicted for… being reckless vigilantes who did not care who gets hurt on their way?

4 Likes

Consider the surrounding circumstances, it was rigged from the start, bias judge, bias populace.

People were mad because heroes were apparently killing more villains then socially acceptable, and Victon wanted the people on his side so he organized it to be in his favor.
@MeltingPenguins

Sound and Fury were perfect, high enough to be recognized, not high enough to cause controversy.
MC had to hide his name, not just out of shame, but because his parents were known as effective heroes.

@No_This_Is_Patrick
Attempting to get a case before election, so the case can be looked on positively on his rise to mayor.

To be fair if a bunch of superpowered vigilantes were destroying my city on a weekly basis and not only getting away with it but getting rich off of it I’d be pretty pissed too.

This was a big question for me too. Don’t they have laws about people beating up “criminals” and taking the law into their own hands? It sounds like anarchy to me. Victon was just trying to bring order back.

Nah he just wanted power. This was the easiest way to get it. Don’t know why he chose the family that were restraining themselves instead of waiting for another case where brutality actually happened it would have worked just as well instead of staging up a whole case.

2 Likes

It’s still a massive plothole. I’ll go into details later, right now i’m working on my own thing.

1 Like