Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Ok, option to do that will be added in next update (to choose your own animal, and to be able to transform into that animal!). Just finished coding that!

@Keanu_Cuco there was a small bug, corrected that! (but yes, those RO are a bit under-developed… nobody really was so interested in them previously…)

@Kmgao mmmmm which jacket? Seems strange… you mean like the kevlar one? It doesnt show in your superhero costume, or in the list of items you have?

3 Likes

I want to deal with the drag in the Mongolian part of the game… any thoughts?

@adrao I was wondering if you’re still looking for beta testers? Most of my playthroughs I’ve done as a hero but I am interested in testing as a villain as well

1 Like

So, I just created a mailing list for those that expressed an interest in reading the supervillain path. That path is “finished”, meaning that unless you give me specific feedback on what you want improved, it’ll be the “final” version (though do note the list below of things still to do).

Otherwise, I’ve also started to improve the “inventor” path (for both the supervillain and superhero paths). It’s still not quite there, so it might not be the best idea to play that yet. My hope is to request some beta testers for that part (testing will hopefully start next week).

Changes
-Many more small grammar fixes and bugs corrected (thanks to all who submitted these!)
-Started improving the “inventor” path. This will be the last major improvement to the game in terms of powers (there is just too much there, many have expressed that it is even a headache to choose!)

To do list
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again. Add a number of pre-determined super-heroes (wolverine-type, etc)
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles, sprays to stun,
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-billards bar and extra side stories for villains. Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)
-Drag in Mongolia part of the game. Should try to improve things there.
-Add extra options to read the mind of characters (under-developed power).
-Go back to post 740 to include additional actions for telepaths
-Normal hero path Mr. Watson endings.
-Add possibility to recruit black cockroach on supervillain path. Also, add possibility to recruit Black Shark and cockroach to fight SA

6 Likes

Okay so idk if I’m up for it but I approve this actually. Last time I picked the inventor path, I have to say but it was rather disappointing honestly, mainly because we don’t really get to make something as an inventor, and we only get a suit. I do have to say that for the inventor path, you may want to add an option to invent some stuff when we get to spend our days or make more modifications to our suit during those free days. I’m free for all day so I can see if I can try to test it for you man.

2 Likes

Actually, I already started doing this today (as in, you will probably see the possibility of inventing something, though there are almost no options there now… I ran out of steam today, as I ended up finding a few bugs and spent much time working on those).

However, as you are the first to reply… what would you like to invent? (I have some things others have said, plus my own ideas… but, any requests?)

2 Likes

Well we have a plasma rifle (equivalent or lower damage of a plasma stream) and maybe a heavy plasma rifle (bigger, heavier, and more powerful version of a plasma rifle), a lightsaber (possibly stronger than the pre-made melee weapons), a Gauss rifle, a Tesla weapon (electric damage, which fries metal armored enemies), a missile pack that shoots guided missiles from our backs, a particle sniper rifle (a particle beam in a sniper), a stun or stasis gun (stuns enemies in a field), a laser rifle ( weaker than a plasma rifle but it either fires very fast or it fires continuously), an energy hammer (a hammer or sledgehammer that uses energy instead of metal. Burns through armor easily), a plasma cannon (biggest of the plasma bunch and can deal an absurd amount of damage at the cost that it is literally a giant cannon that’s ridiculously heavy to use), and so much more

1 Like

Why is my armor affected by the amount of strength I have ? The armor and me are completely different things

1 Like

@ThatsOk my guess is that because of the heaviness of the armor, you need strength to actually wear them

1 Like

In all honesty I expected you to use the Inventor Power as a means of playing a character who could gain more tech (a gadget version of the powers already implemented) as the story progresses, rather than constantly relying on meteorite shards or the original powers.

2 Likes

Armour is not affected by strength… if you saw any indication of this its a mistake… I have been adding some extra information to some choices, it is possible that I made a mistake. Where did you see this?

@ollierocket23 Thanks, will implement some of these! :slight_smile:

@LightningGarfunkel yes, that’s pretty much how I see it also. If you playtest it you will see there is now a side-mission to invent things, although there is almost nothing in it yet (I will start adding options in the next few days, let me know if you have any requests!)

5 Likes

I just added a small update, incorporating some things I was working on this morning. Basically, several stuff mentioned on privates threads was incorporated.

The inventor path is by no means complete, as I want to add more things. However, there are now some options for start-up weapons and the possibility to upgrade existing weapons. Still more needs to be added, but hope it starts to feel as if it is taking shape…

4 Likes

Keep working hard and since i was the first person to talk about the inventor path imma test it out when i get home

2 Likes

me please

1 Like

I am definitely down to test as a hero as well @adrao

1 Like

Me too if it’s okay

Also aside from getting to invent new stuff with the inventor, perhaps we can also add upgrades to our suit (if we pick to use the armor suit during customization) or not. Perhaps we may also get to build a robotic minion as an inventor!

3 Likes

When you defeat the Steel Aeronaught at the museum while playing as a mercenary Captain Villardi Hans you a envelope with money in it but your money stat does t increase

1 Like

Thanks, just corrected that!

@adrao might be overextending myself but I did plan to main an inventor superhero in the game so while I am doing a villain playthrough right now I thought I’d offer to play test an Inventor superhero main

1 Like

@ChristandJackel
Thanks for all the mental power suggestions. I will not go through all the details, as much has changed in the game since your original post. Do let me know if you have any other ideas or thoughts on where you would like to use telepathy or other powers! (I’m happy to implement more!)

However, just to say:
-Possibility to enrage enemy etc has been implemented for most fights.
-MC can now call in cops earlier in many fights.
-Can allow BC to escape.
-ST can now be influenced to like you or be afraid.
-Antenna can be momentarily disabled if psyche >50, allowing a psychic attack (though this leaves you open to an attack…)
-As per other threads, there is now the possibility of the SA trusting you, which opens a new way through the game (let me know if it’s still to difficult)
-I’m not sure about influencing her at the gala. There is a way to already do that before, so I think by that point it’s better just to say she is immune?
-Telepathy can now be used in combat to confuse opponents, lowering their stats (this was added some time ago, thanks!)
-However, I’m not prepared to let telepathy be used to improve relationships in general… though there are a few options to read minds now (in RO sequences, for example, where you can find out what they want to eat, etc)
-During RO sequences, power manipulation can now be used

Other changes
-Continued to develop the inventor path. There are now more options on the initial powers, and the crafting scene has a bit more meat on it (still I need to work more on it, hopefully I’ll be fully finished by the end of this week).
-I decided against letting the port official run away. I doubt this would add much to the game (it was originally a good idea to give a bit more length to the game, but since this was suggested so much has been added that I think its not necessary…)

To do list
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again. Add a number of pre-determined super-heroes (wolverine-type, etc)
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture).
-billards bar and extra side stories for villains. Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)
-Drag in Mongolia part of the game. Should try to improve things there.
-Add possibility to recruit black cockroach on supervillain path. Also, add possibility to recruit Black Shark and cockroach to fight SA
-Normal hero path Mr. Watson endings.
-Add possibility improve targetting computer
-Fix see in dark bug

5 Likes