Help with Tin Star

Nope. They may hate your guts if you dump both, but they won’t do each other in.

The way the game is set up is that it is possible to romance 2 people, and stay with them. If you get 3 or more, then you will get to the hotel scene where everyone says “This will not stand.”

So in the above case, it is possible to go with Caraway/Maria (I admit, my preferred pairing), Caraway/Yiska, or Maria/Yiska.

I would have to replay the game but if there is more than one relationship going on, then the scene will gravitate to the hotel bit…otherwise Preston will force the issue at a later point.

4 Likes

I suspect Caraway would outclass Maria. She’s a hardened gunslinger; Maria’s an aristocrat with some saber training.

Negotiate with the Uptons, get them to trust you (which requires a low score in Order, Law or Honor). On the day of the bandit raid, go out to see them. Kill Reginald or knock him out, then intimidate or persuade the bandits into following your orders. Then you can choose to either loot Preston Springs or disperse them.

1 Like

But what exactly do you mean by trade goods.

Is it the stuff in Matthew’s General Store?

Yes. One of the options, if you talk to Preston is this:
I could use some trade goods to earn the Indian’s good will."

1 Like

Okay, so I was able to finally get the “Love to Love” achievement, and “Master Betrayer”. In that evil run, my headcanon was that the Marshal went rogue because her lovers left her, and something in her…snapped. So she ended up killing two of her exes and her best friend in a three-against-one duel, left two exes alone, looted Preston Springs, killed another ex, and ended up marrying Reginald and being super rich and shit.

But I did have some difficulty romancing Preston for the first time since I learned about his romance. I chose to level the river bank to stop the flood, and I managed to save preston springs without any damages. When Preston and i talked, I slapped him, but there was no opportunity to kiss the guy. He just left and I began to talk to someone else (I think it was Yiska?).

So i restarted that part and chose to dig ditches. The flood damaged the town. During the discussion with Preston I slapped him again, and there I saw the kiss option.

Do you not get the romance option with him if you manage to save the town without damages?

In my play throughs, I can normally save the entire town (no damage), and still romance him.

Sometimes, some choices may not show up either…such as you not slapping him if you’ve been a law abiding citizen, etc. Or there may be a bug there. I know there are some which still lurk in the game.

1 Like

How’d you do all that? Could you send me a guide?

I’m pretty sure there are a few other ways to get the Master Betrayer achievement, but I got both achievements in one playthrough by basically mixing @Lys and @anon49824592’s guides together. Here’s how I got them, and this is basically the last half of my evil run:

(Female Marshal, btw)

Romance Dan, Carraway, Maria, Yiska and Preston at the same time.

When dealing with the Uptons, use diplomacy instead of attacking them. Agree to work with them to sabotage the railroad.

The next chapter, there will be a confrontation at the hotel/your home between you and your pissed off lovers, forcing you to choose between them. To get Dan and Carraway to hate you at the same time and ensure their appearance at the railroad later, break up with all five of them, or choose anyone but Dan or Carraway.

(not sure about that last part though, since I chose to break up with all ROs. Killing Dan, Carrie and Preston, Maria leaving Preston Springs, and Yiska merely tolerating me at the end doesn’t feel so…bitter without the loose ends, imo.)

Take Ben with you when scouting the railroad for the Uptons. Then go to Reginald’s camp. Knock him out and take him hostage. Ben will hate you and quietly slip away while you’re busy with Reginald and his men, and will meet up with Carraway and Dan off-screen.

Rally Reginald’s men with you to loot Preston Springs, but before you march out Dan, Carraway and Ben will confront you. You’ll get Master Betrayer achievement. Get rid of them.

(It’s also possible to get one of them to back off from the four-way. I got Dan and Carrie to leave by apologizing for breaking up with them. I wasn’t able to get Ben to leave because my relationship with him was too low, but I think’s it’s possible to appeal to your friendship.)

After dealing with the trio, you’ll meet Yiska and some Indians on the way to Preston Springs. Deal with him however you like. Maria would leave town via her balloon, so she’ll be safe from the rampage. You’ll run into an angry Preston trying to escape. Deal with him.

(What i did was promise to help the Shoshone, Yiska acepted my promise and left. And I Shot The Sheriff because why not)

Remember Reginald? He saw the whole thing. Ask him where his father is, and he’ll immediately telk you where. There’s also a funny scene where if you force him to make a map of New York with his blood and compliment his work, he’ll be a bit flustered.

Anyway, meet Fredrick Upton in New York. When he offers you a bribe, tell him that you want to marry into the family via Reginald.

When you get to the epilogue screens, you’ll get Love to Love.

2 Likes

I just followed the directions and got ‘Love to Love.’ (I missed Master Betrayer, I think, because I first chose Dan and then took him to the railroad with me. Time for a second playthrough.) Thanks, @LaReveuse!

On a side note, if you bring both romanced!Caraway and romanced!Dan with you to deal with the raiders, there’ll be a brief scene towards the end of the chapter where Carson expresses his disbelief. “Both of them? Really?” You can practically feel his exasperation radiating from the screen. :smiley:

Addendum:…I just finished my second playthrough and realized that I forgot to bring Carson to the railroad with me. Facepalm.

1 Like

And if you romanced all five people, Carson might die of a heart attack :wink:

3 Likes

So I just got this game. I was wondering if there’s any good build to run that doesn’t involve high Gunfighting. I mean, I get that pulling out guns and getting to work is the bread and butter of a Wild West game, but still…

Anyways, I just got to this part…

As you step out into the street, your eye falls upon a peculiar sight. Well, not so peculiar really. Carrie has her gun drawn but this time she has sighted down on someone you care about.

Maria Agustina, etc, does not cower before the threat. Indeed, her golden haired body-guard has both his shotguns out and raised beside her. But even with that thunderous threat hanging over her, Carrie lets fly a stream of invective that promises all manner of improbable and yet terrible things.

I tried to keep both of them, but I lost Carrie in the end :frowning:

Then I tried it again…seems that Carrie is my main woman and Maria is my mistress…though Maria likes me less than she did in the other playthrough (can’t imagine why).

There is an option to make both of them happy

i chose the option where i rotate my companionship with them, like Monday Carrie , Tuesday Maria, wednesday Carrie…etc … they will settle with a toss of coil on who start first

In the end Both Carrie and Maria follow me to Mexico to live together when i chose to become Mexico’s governor :slight_smile:

1 Like

If this is real, I want… nay, I need to know right now.

2 Likes

Yes…this is Real :wink:

I purchased Tin Star last November , and had play the same route more than 10 times :slight_smile:

well… Maria only allowed my first kiss before the final confrontation , Carrie was my deputy then and had been living in the Marshall office ever since, my MC and Maria exchange our vow and kiss outside of the Marshall office…so Carrie should be witnessing the scene from behind, and she was not complaining :smile:

in the end … i bargain with the antagonist , the old man maintain his family’s reputation in exchange for ensuring i relocate to Mexico with prestige and becoming Mexico’s governor … He kept his bargain and both Carrie and Maria follow me to mexico … even if i chose to marry one of them officially , the other will not hate me and still consider me as her dearest friend :blush:

2 Likes

SPOILERS:

Well, just got Master Betrayer. I was running a Brawling build, with also very high Gunfighting, so winning the 1v3 was a nightmare. I did it by shooting Carrie, rushing down Carson, and then dueling Schmidt.

I also didn’t get the chance to kill Maria or her bodyguard. Is that because my character is in love with her?

EDIT: I just rode the bear in my assault on Preston Springs. I guess Carrie is the maiden fair.

1 Like

SPOILERS:

Well, I killed off Steele and the Bodyguard at the first meet. It’s not really worth it, because Maria runs away and hates you forever. Plus you lose the chance to get Legend and Notoriety boosts in the Steele story arc.

Nevertheless, if you want to do it, here’s how to do so. I followed the author Allen Gies’ advice in the WIP thread.

Your build should be Resolve/Stamina/Gunfighting/Whatever. Take every boost to those traits that you can find as the story goes on (it’s hard to find Resolve boosts, but don’t worry about it too much, starting the game with maximal Resolve is virtually all you need).

Alternatively, you can do a Stamina/Sharpshooting/Whatever/Whatever build, and focus on maxing out those two traits. But I like gunslinging more than shooting from afar.

3 Likes

Hey all! So I’ve replayed this game a few times and it seems like no matter what I do, I can’t get Prestons romance to trigger. Do I have to build a relationship with him and then let him have it then slap him? All I know is that the romance starts with a slap.
Any help or tips would be appreciated!
Thank you!

4 Likes

If you Pick the not so nice Option in your Talk with Preston directly after the flood you should then get to slap hin, worked in my playthrough even with good relationship.

2 Likes

lol I had problems to don’t get the slap lol when I played. Maybe because I role evil seductress :wink:

1 Like