Hello fellow writers!

Oh I’m sorry to hear that Penguin. I’m a dog person myself but I know the feeling of losing a companion so I know what you might be feeling. But cheer up and remember all the happy times you had with them and know that you made them a happy kitty through the good and bad. and like Star said wherever it is it still loves you and wouldn’t want you to be sad. Remember that there are a lot of kittens out there wanting a home and taking in a new bundle of joy might just be what you need. :slight_smile: I wish you the best of fortunes through this difficult time.

Thank you very much =] I spent the day making her grave look very nice in the back of our yard. She was such a sweet cat! anyway… we got kind of off topic :stuck_out_tongue: does anyone want to share about their works in progress?

Well I’ve been devising a game where the forum users are the NPCs. The names aren’t their user names of course but they get to make a character ship it over to me and I see about putting them in the game. I try to give anyone who comes to it a voice so they can influence the development a bit and feel like they helped make it. Main story so far is that during a war between races you will encounter two very important people, Adrian Sanada and Kojiro Shigeharu. Kojiro is a major in the royal army while Adrian has just crash landed on the planet and lost his memory. You’ll have to choose which one you’ll support or go rogue and choose neither.
So far there are three playable races. Draconian, human and Snow elf.

Sounds pretty cool! I like that you can play as different characters. Do you have an idea of many words you plan to make it?

It will be a lumbering beast of a story xD I have grand ambitions on making it the next tin star in length

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy it and that your game goes well. I notice you said you’re a musician. What kind of music do you play/write

Welcome to the world inside my computer screen

Thank you =]

I mostly play the music I write, which is anything from popish to punkish and some rock. I have been playing guitar for 12 years now. I’m no pro but I enjoy playing lead tho I mostly play chords. I also play some bass and drums and a baby bit of keyboard. any others out there that play anything?

Well,in school we have to learn to play instrument at a basic level,so…uh…yes,I guess…

Play guitar myself. Used to play trumpet in grade school and gonna try to teach myself drums. No singer though, unless I’m in the shower

This is so cute! Hello, I’m female, 19 years old. I’ve wanted to be an author since I was very, very small. I used to write terrible novels about gangs in the 50’s and Peter Pan fanfiction, haha. I wanted to write because I’ve always loved reading-- some of my earliest memories are reading alongside my mom in front of the heater. When I got older books were my only friends… Like, I literally had no friends from third to fifth grade. I sat underneath the playground and hid, lol :wink:

My cousin introduced me to choice script, and now I’m casually making games because I think they’re amazing! I loved playing all the games people have published, so I want to give back, y’know?

I’m 30 (31 next month) and male. I’ve been writing since I was 12 mainly short stories. Stumbled on Choicescript in 2011 with Choice of Dragon and loved it. I tried several times to write a game but I’d get distracted or drop the project.

Unnatural was my first Choicescript project I was able to finish.

Welcome to the forums and happy writing :slight_smile:

@that1german Well that’s cool! good luck with learning drums! It’s a lot of fun though I don’t play often. I love singing but I am not that great at it.

@parade Awesome! Reading a lot should make you a good writer. It sounds like you had some good memories. =] I remember when my mom would read to me a lot when I was little

Do vocals count as an intstrument? Then yes,I do indeed “play” an instrument. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes! It takes a lot of talent to sing… I think more than an instrument…it’s an instrument that’s inside of you! So it’s harder because it’s something you can’t look at it and see what you are doing wrong like a guitar or something…and the cool thing is that each voice is totally different from everyone else! I really wish I was better at singing…I have worked on it a lot and have gotten a ton better…but I feel my singing will just always be bad :stuck_out_tongue: oh well lol… What do you like to sing?

Well there were some sad posts here!

Hi RockStarPenguin, fellow writer/non-finisher here. I’m 21, and basically have the same story you put in your first post, except I’m a guy. I have tons of story ideas (50 MS Word documents) anywhere from 1000 to 40,000 words, have never finished NaNoWriMo (though I came close with that 40k one…) and I used to program my own video games before I switched to Mac when I got into film school.

Now I’m in Journalism, so, focusing more on writing, and ChoiceScript lets me find a good balance between code and prose.

I don’t know if I’ll ever finish my projects, either! What I like about using the CoG Forums is that everyone is very encouraging and tend to give constructive feedback. They motivate you to at least make some progress if you haven’t for a while.

So good luck!

I really hope you finish something! what kinds of video games did you program?

I used GameMaker on Windows. Now they have GameMaker Studio, which seems a lot better and can export to Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android, and even PS4 (costs extra for those options).

It’s a 2D engine, and while I played around with 3D in high school, I never made any games like that. I tried my hand at all kinds; breakout, platformers, pong, Asteroids. But my favorite was top-down shooters and stealth games (with vision cones like Metal Gear Solid hehe).

Not very interesting I’m sure. I also did a bunch of RPG attempts, but the sheer number of items and monsters I had to create tended to bog me down. I could probably do it now (I’m not 15 anymore) but I don’t have the $$. xD

well that’s cool! I have looked into gamemaker before. There have been many games I wanted to make…even when I was a kid (like age 6!) I would design games and draw a million pictures of game ideas and such. There are just so many things I have wanted to do…and not enough time! oh well :stuck_out_tongue: I hope to finish college soon, so I guess I will have more time then… I also like to draw…but I hardly do now. I would more if I were better at it. I also longboard! I used to snowboard but now we don’t live by any mountains or snow… sadly :frowning:

1 Like

@RockStarPenguin I just finished college. I don’t think I will get any more time now. :smiley: :frowning: