Heart of Battle Development Thread (Heart's Choice)

Oh yes, I :heart: Petra!

And it’s definitely very character-focused. The plot and setting are great, but it’s the excellent cast of characters that make the story so impactful and bring the setting to life.

3 Likes

How big is the demo on steam?

I just checked out the Steam demo, it’s only the first chapter I believe.

Thanks so more or less what we had here but still looking forward to it. :smiley:

Oh goodness, I’m so excited for it to come out! I’m really looking forward to seeing what people think of the different ROs - all four of them. I tried to put something in for a variety of tastes.

@AletheiaKnights I’m so touched at your championing of the game, it’s every writer’s dream to get beta testers to fall in love with it! :heart:

5 Likes

It’s no more than your game deserves. It was so much fun to work on. I just wish I could get a friendly Arena magician to give me a little mind-wipe in August so I could have the experience of playing it again for the first time.

And I’m excited to see what people think of the ROs too. Especially because I managed to fall head over heels for every single one, even the ones I didn’t think were my type at first. And at the same time, I wanted to give each and every one a good hard slap at least once. :joy:

5 Likes

:: Snickers :: get this feeling I might want to do it more then once and for different reasons and that’s only every seeing the first chapter lol very much looking forward to that release of entire game :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s been so wonderful seeing the game grow over time, and getting to play the completed glorious story! (On my most recent playthrough I abjectly failed at a critical point after thinking it would go fine, and the failure spurred my character to throw himself into actually trying to change things rather than just surviving - I love when games and MCs can work together like that so well to make a story, and that it came from failing rather than succeeding was such a cool surprise!)

5 Likes

I really hope that there will be more Heart’s Choice stories like this, because this one definitely raised the bar IMO. Great characters and story, and the game does a lot with its premise of fighting as a gladiator. Really glad I had the privilege of beta testing this–it was a lot of fun trying various paths and seeing a different side of the characters that I don’t see on a typical playthrough.

As far as I know that’s Remi and Eryx on the cover art, right? I wonder if the artist also drew the other two :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes