Halloween Jam 2022

Still figuring out the broad strokes, but I have a rough idea.

SUN.exe
Youā€™re an Inquisitor in a surreal cyberpunk/Incan infused city attempting to infiltrate a cult and prevent them from summoning a God-Virus. Still working the mythology out, but thatā€™s the elevator pitch.

Looking forward to seeing what everybody else comes up with!

8 Likes

Oh, sounds fun. Not trying to influence you but if you want to do a sacrifice kind of ritual always it has masks and is a public event it qualified as mask party under the moonlight.

Many things qualify as mask party or event. In fact a masked thief stealing the Olympic flame in the Olympics opening could qualify if there is several disguised people in the event.

2 Likes

Oh, it was definitely going to be a masquerade ball turned ritualistic sacrifice!

2 Likes

I am trying to cheer and inspiring people to understand that not all masked parties are the Venetian style

1 Like

My first thought was Druidic/Shamanic masks.

1 Like

I have never participated in something like this before and have absolutely no idea how things work. How do you enter or submit your story? What are the rules (except keep to the theme)?

1 Like

I will do a tutorial on how submit the game soon. But the basic is really simple just turning a game with several endings and choices on dashingdon.

People will play the games and vote in a anonymous poll where you can vote once for Ip.People will vote their top 5 if there is more than 5 or the best if there are less of five.

The overall average rating of games will be secret to public but if author wants to know their game results I will give to them on private.

6 Likes

Does this mean there are more rating categories than ā€˜number of points from public voteā€™, or am I reading that wrong?

1 Like

Okay thanks I think I get it :))

1 Like

NO i mean how many people has voting for you and the percentage overall. Example, you had 23 votes that are a 15% percent

1 Like

Never done one of these before, but was thinking about it this year. So, as a noobā€¦

The point is that the game follows the masquerade theme? Hiding identities behind masks, magick, etc? Other than it needing to be 2k words, is there anything else we need to do?

6 Likes

Adding choices ;). You donā€™t need anything else. I would be here to guide all questions here and pm. As hostess, that is my place and is great helping people as I learn aswell.

2 Likes

I still like the idea of all of our stories having at least one shared NPC!

6 Likes

This is a really nice theme and automatically got me
thinking of something.

Which annoys me because Iā€™ve got a big project already. But if I manage to get Season Two done in the next two months Iā€™ll have a crack at writing something in October!

For those curious here is the idea the theme evoked in me.

The Scarlet Masquerade ball is the premier event for vampire society. Held every 100 years the twelve most influential vampires of the time are invited by a 13th vampire who was crowned the king/queen/caln of the previous event. Can your vampire hunter, one of the latest illumni of the Van Helsing Academy successfully infiltrate the event

7 Likes

Interesting, I had the sneak into the ball Idea too, but to rescue your sister, who is poor but thinks the noble who invited her was in Love. And not Just wants to use her

6 Likes

Both ideas are cool. I am still struggling to get to work my Pumpkin head :jack_o_lantern: Using mad labs to find a prompt is a fair idea but lol, It sucks for me to figure out.

4 Likes

Thanks the sneaking into the ball idea goes well with a masquerade ball.

Good luck with your idea and hopefully I will get a chance to do mine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmm. Iā€™m very shy when it comes to sharing my writing, but I think I might give this a shot even so. (Actually, yesterday I started to write and code a little something having this theme, just dipping my feet.) I love horror, and I love masquerades after allā€¦

9 Likes

I have a plan. Donā€™t yet know if itā€™s a good plan, but itā€™s a plan.

6 Likes