Guenevere (WIP)

You know I would let my arranged wife be a lesbian too but if I was a king I would be like love you’re going to have to go and think of England at least once. An Arthur can be the nicest guy in the world. I can bet money that she said he’s perfectly happy just being a friend to his wife if she’s not sexually interested in him. But hw is the king of the end of the day and she is his Queen like not. And there’s more than just social pressures there is huge political pressures to have an heir, it’s part of both part of their responsibility for the offices. So how will everyone’s favorite is not tolerated kind-hearted High King can handle this.

I take it that Lot will not be a happy man.

1 Like

True, and Arthur will bring up the political pressure to have an heir even if Guen is gay or ace. But if she says no, he accepts that no. It’s one of the things that I seriously love about his character, and Jean’s version of this story.

But yes there are obviously going to be plot complications if Gawain is the heir when Mordred shows up. Mordred might be able to snag more support since people apparently hella care about the Pendragon bloodline because of magical properties or something.

7 Likes
  • adopt child
  • raise as own child
  • no one needs to know
  • no one can find out
  • ???
  • profit
8 Likes

I doubt that will work since I sure four important people will know :frowning:

1 Like

Not true in this setting - IIRC Jean has said that the bloodline literally has magical properties and you can find out if someone is faking. It was in reference to trying to pass off Lance’s kid as Arthur’s but it applies here.

3 Likes

“You’re going to have to go and think of England at least once” sounds a lot like spousal rape considering she’s a lesbian so she definitely doesn’t want to have sex with a man???

5 Likes

it’s not rape if you consent to it, duh

if guen consents to it for the ability to produce a legitimate heir of arthur’s line, that’s okay. it’s not like arthur is pressuring her into it; if she says no, he doesn’t argue. unless idk you can get magic pregnant or something in this world

1 Like

That could be done. Also maybe artificial insemination - its probably not as easy in the Guenevere universe but I could see it being achievable since Merlin and Morgana are super geniuses.

TW: rape.

[spoiler]Its the have to part that irks me. That and saying “yes” and going through with a sexual act doesn’t always mean you’re consenting. A lot of survivors have said and done that because of a fear of physical, social, and/or financial repercussions.

ETA: I’m not talking about Arthur’s reaction to Guen being a lesbian. Clearly if she expresses that she doesn’t want to have sex with him or have a child he leaves her alone - it was the joking statement made above in the thread that I’m talking about. I realize I left that part unclear.[/spoiler]

7 Likes

except no one in your social group cares, and Arthur can overrule anyone who does, being king and actually valueing your opinion. again, you don’t have to. i know that consent changes, and consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy, but literally this game gives you enough options to not be screwed over by it

I just clarified in an edit about what I’m talking about - sorry about the misunderstanding.

1 Like

Agreed! Coerced consent is super gross and I would drop a story in a hot minute if it went there. (I know Jean is not going there, I’m also saying theoretically in reference to the above convo.)

Re: magical pregnancy - this is actually addressed in game if you ask Morgana about it (you may have to be a gay/ace/celibate Guen to get the option, I can look up the requirements if anyone cares). You can use magic for fertility treatments, but it still takes male and female genetic material to conceive, as per usual.

6 Likes

Well, I anyway am happy that we get to decide if Guen gets pregnant or not. That means for my Guen: No!

2 Likes

Then why did the she married Arthur? She could have rejected the whole ordeal by saying say “no” - to Arthur, to her father and Morrigan (since she’s the one who set up the wedding). Remeber, we’re talking about medieval times here - if our Guen is a true lesbian then marrying a man, specially of the royal bloodline, is like signing a contract in which one of the main clauses is providing an heir for the throne.

If she’s being forced by her family then there’s not much she can do here - she will have to (begrudgingly) do it or face the wrath/disapointment of her kin and potentially loosing her status. In a sense, her struggle is their fault because they’re the ones who caused all this without asking for her opinion. Back then, going against your duties was considered worse than “rape”. I’m not even sure if people saw it as act of molestation and sexual assault… just something they had to do despite their preferences. Such was the life of nobility and royality.

I think Morrigan is in a similar situation about marriage because she she herself is keenly interested in women as well (at least that’s the impression I got from her)… yet she did it anyway, either due to filial responsabilities or convinience. Our Guen could be the in the same shoes.

1 Like

Coerced consent. Thank you, my brain was sticking trying to find what that would be called. I bet Merlin, Morgana or a magic!Guen could figure out a way to conceive a biological child that involved no sex at all.

[details=Putting my entire post under a cut - trigger warning because the conversation is about rape/coercion to have potentially unwanted sex][quote=“IvoryOwl, post:8133, topic:1996, full:true”]

Then why did the she marry Arthur? She could have rejected the whole ordeal by saying say “no” - to Arthur, to her father and Morrigan (since she’s the one who set up the wedding). Remeber, we’re talking about medieval times here - if our Guen is a true lesbian then marrying a man, specially of the royal bloodline, is like signing a contract in which one of the main clauses is providing an heir for the throne.

If she’s being forced by her family then there’s not much she can do here - she will have to (begrudgingly) do it or face the wrath/disapointment of her kin and potentially loosing her status. In a sense, they’re worse than Arthur “forcing” her to have sex because they’re the ones who caused all this.

I think Morrigan is in a similar situation about marriage because she she herself is keenly interested in women as well (at least that’s the impression I got from her)… yet she did it anyway, either due to filial responsabilities or convinience. Our Guen could be the in the same shoes.
[/quote]

Guen can either consent to the marriage, or be forced by her dad. If she doesn’t say the wedding vow, he will consent to the marriage on her behalf. In this case, she can tell Arthur the marriage was against her will and he admits he didn’t know. I assume the proposal etc. all went through official channels because they didn’t even meet until their wedding day.

I imagine the whole thing went like:

Ector: Hey Leo, we collectively decided Arthur should marry Guen 'cause we want your soldiers. That cool with you?
Leo: Hell yeah, my daughter’s gonna be queen!
Leo: Guen, go pick out a wedding dress.
Guen: WTF?

edit: Wanted to point out in case it wasn’t obvious or people forgot, Arthur was not the driving force behind the marriage. He was dictated to just as much as Guen was, he’s just accepting of his situation. It’s up to the player if Guen is accepting of her situation or mad as hell.[/details]

10 Likes

I made another post down the line which clarified what I’m talking about but if you’re still stuck please let me know. As to what you wrote I don’t know how to answer all of that… I definitely am not okay with some of it but I can’t find a way to respond promptly.

Marriages driven by interest used to be a common thing among the noblity and royalty of old - children were raised from a very early age to fullfill specific duties so, in a sense, they were more like pawns to their families than anything else. You were either lucky enough to get someone you liked or you had to learn to deal with it.

Why do you think cheating and sexual escapades were so common? We have similar cases in our day and age where homosexual individuals end up marryng someone of the opposite sex and producing offspring just because they don’t want to mar their personal image or because they’re still “in the closet” about it. Back then this was much worse.

At least Guen lives in a world where certain issues can solved with magic… imagine all the men and women who lived in our world 500 years ago…

1 Like

TW: Rape, lesbophobia, misogyny.

[spoiler][quote=“thatdodgymoggie, post:8125, topic:1996, full:true”]
“You’re going to have to go and think of England at least once” sounds a lot like spousal rape considering she’s a lesbian so she definitely doesn’t want to have sex with a man???
[/quote]

Another thing: that wouldn’t sound any less like spousal rape if the woman in question was not a lesbian if she didn’t want to have sex. You are never entitled to sex from your partner (ever) and I should have said that from the beginning.[/spoiler]

5 Likes