Guenevere (WIP)

hehe well… :sweat_smile: It’s still going to be a few months at least… but I will try my best to make it worth the wait!

Yes! He will be Lancelot and Elaine’s son. He will have a key role in the final book (unless I make major changes).

9 Likes

@jeantown
I have question about guen and Lancelot relationship if guen have child with lancelot are lancelot will still be married with Elaine?

Another question since there’s so many versions of Arthurian lore and modern interpretations will Galahad could be possibly squired o Guinevere?

And since he is pretty much the christ-like knight and the Grail Knight how’s it going to translate into the lack of Christianity in the game?

@Vattena Yes, Lancelot will always marry Elaine no matter what. If Guen has a child with Lancelot, the child will be raised as Arthur’s, because any alternative could wreck the kingdom.

Interesting idea! I won’t rule it out, since I don’t currently have a specific plan for Galahad to be a squire to anyone in particular.

The grail will still play an important role, and Galahad will be the Grail Knight – with a major twist. :smile:

7 Likes

then is lancelot know about his child?and sorry if this off but I don’t know(forget)who is elaine

I like how Arthur is portrayed as being endearingly naive and somewhat innocent of the world…which makes me feel like that much more of an asshole when i create a malicious, conniving Guinevere, lol.

1 Like

@Vattena Lancelot will know if Guen has his child – his intuition for that sort of thing is strong. Arthur, on the other hand, won’t know if nobody tells him.

@Baconator Ha, thank you! :smile: I tried hard to make it so that Guen (including malicious, conniving Guen) could have good reasons to either like or dislike Arthur.

6 Likes

it seems like such a decent human being how can you dislike the Pendragon

1 Like

@jeantown thank you for answering me :smiley: my question reason was for to ready my nerves if I romance lancelot(thought I sure I don’t) and it is right about Arthur and lancelot romance,it’s like getting thorn​:joy:.
…ah,one more thing when do Arthur know that guen child was lancelot child and not his?is he not going suspicious about it?since guen don’t have sex with him(but knowing Arthur…) one thing for sure Morgana,lady vivian,and merlin may the ones who know it(maybe)

Arthur is just too adorkable in this series. I like playing cold and pragmatic characters but when I’m mean to Arthur I feel like I’ve just kicked a puppy! So, I can’t be mean to him.:cry:

I really like how much work was done on the characters here.:smiley:

8 Likes

Oh dear. Every time someone mentions the Grail and a “major twist” in the same sentence I have flashbacks to Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night.

2 Likes

“Arthur, on the other hand, won’t know if nobody tells him.”

I feel like this happens a lot so far with Arthur…

I love all of these characters so much. Arthur is a very idealistic, kind of naive, but lovable fool. Lancelot is a loyal, mischievous knight who, despite his attraction to Guen, cares so much about his friend that he’s willing to repress his feelings. Morgana is a lot like the big sister I wish I had and, despite her feelings about arranged marriages, loves her children and is a devoted mother.

17 Likes

New idea from people talking about Gwen’s kids and who’s the daddy. Now it’s my turn.

Lance and Arthur sit in Arther’s chambers playing with Arthur’s seven year old daughter Arta. (I flipped a coin)

L: So how are you doing Art?
A: Couldn’t be happier. My Kingdom is strong, Gwen is happy and I have a beautiful daughter. There’s nothing that could drown my spirits.
Arta starts fake kissing someone (like you see in comedy’s when someone’s mocking someone else)
A: Arta what are you doing?
Arta: I’m mommy and mama.
Arthur and Lance look at each other.
L: who’s mama?
Gwen and Morgana walk into the room and Arta jumps up to run to them.
Arta: Mommy! Mama!
She hugs both Gwen and Morgana.
A: Bu-bu-but… She-and-you. Th-that means.
L: How high are those spirits now?

8 Likes

Well, he can be somewhat clueless about some things… :slight_smile:

@Vattena Oh, haha, yes, I should have clarified: If Guen has a child and she has not had sex with Arthur, then yes, he will know it’s not his. He’s not that clueless. :smile: But Guen does not have to have a child if she doesn’t want to, whether she’s involved with Lancelot or not.

Thank you! :smile: I hope I can flesh more of them out as things progress. Kay certainly deserves more attention, and he’s not the only one.

Since I have yet to watch those beyond the first couple of episodes, I can’t tell you if my twist will be in any way comparable.

@KiNDERPiSTOL Thank you for the kind words about the characters. I’m really fond of them too, and I can’t wait to show how they change and grow over the years.

@matt_smith Good heavens, I trust that if Guen and Morgana were trying to keep their relationship a secret, they’d be more careful than that. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well,if guen do have child with lancelot, that will make story twist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

All you mean people planning nasty things with Arthur, shame on you. :stuck_out_tongue: To be fair my Guen can find his naivety tiresome at times, but she would never want to change him for the sake of it. And he has some good dreams too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since Galahad legends suppress is father in all knightly fields and he “saintly” in classic Christian sense aka celibate kind, compassionate fights only when it most need so he borderline pacifist. Thing is how read people interpret this level of perfection of Knighthood. The mixer come off alien to his fellow knights around him someone they don’t feel comfortable with or want to interact with. He come off too “good” to point of being unreal it are imagining someone like that existing. Pretty much makes him uncomfortable and that uncanny valley type of way.

2 Likes

@Rogar Rest assured that I am familiar with the legends surrounding Sir Galahad, and I have taken them into account in coming up with my own plan for his personality and role in the Guenverse. :slight_smile: And yes, such a paragon of virtue is bound to alienate some people!

7 Likes

Every time I see someone call Arthur clueless all I can think about is:

Arthur looks confused. “Is that a problem? I always thought most women preferred the company of other women. All the ladies of the court do. I’d hoped you and Morgana would be friends. It’s not like I expect you to spend all your time with me.”

“No, I mean I prefer women to have sex with.”

“What!?” Arthur seems completely baffled. “How is that even possible? Women can’t have sex with each other. There’s nothing for them to… do!”

Oh Arthur :rolling_eyes:

16 Likes

[quote=“jeantown, post:8092, topic:1996, full:true”]
Since I have yet to watch those beyond the first couple of episodes, I can’t tell you if my twist will be in any way comparable.[/quote]

Well, if you find the time I recommend you watch them. They take a… few liberties with Arthurian lore, but aside from that they’re decently entertaining.

1 Like