Guenevere (WIP)

Lancing. Lance the Man-cing. Lancemancer. Lance is the Man, sir. Lancer is the Answer.

Sorry. I’m tired.

10 Likes

I do like the encounter with Lance at the end of Scene 1 as well, though in my case Guen goes all Majestic for his effrontery.

And now I’m picturing my Guen leaving a ribald limerick or two on the Latrine walls about Lance…

4 Likes

Where are the all knowing people at this thread when I have sudden questions lol can Guen be mad at Lance for getting married? Cant she be like “Really, Lancelot, are our lives not complicated enough?”

2 Likes

@Lys Some of my Guen’s get angry at him when he refuses to romance. Like, now that i finally want you you’re rejecting me!?

@Mirabella Lance being a necromancer.

1 Like

Thanks, it is good to have a nice range of choices and selections for each of the core romances, and not every Guen is likely to be as so instantly willing to hop into bed with their choice. And it’s good that you plan to have the option to start romances later in the series, too. (A situation with a Guen who initially has little to no interest with Arthur but warms to him over time is sweet.)

And thanks! I might put a thread up about it sometime but it’s extremely early days and I want to have something concrete to look at before announcing anything, even if it isn’t Choicescript based.

1 Like

To be fair, he has an entire kingdom counting on him… :wink: And doesn’t Arthur relent if you don’t want to do the deed with him? Plus points in my book lol. Considering how prideful and overbearing kings generally are.

This would be nice to see. :slight_smile: More angst and confusion. hahaha

Exactly. I live for angst.

… As long as it ends ok.:sweat_smile: I’m a sucker for a happy ending.

4 Likes

If I can actually work all of that stuff in, I’ll be thrilled… it’s gonna be complicated, so be ready to forgive me if I can’t get every possible nuance. :sweat:

Yep. Seems particularly fitting for a Guen who just wants to have fun and not get too serious. (Though that might take a toll on Lancelot eventually, as he is a rather dire romantic.)

Yeah, that should be one of the options available (up to the reader, of course).

Indeed. :slight_smile: (I don’ t know why I’m okay with emotionally torturing Lancelot, but I am, and it will definitely be possible in more ways than one.)

:blush: You know, I had planned the attack-him-with-a-sword option for probably a year ahead of time, and I couldn’t wait to write it. And then when I did, it was so emotional for me personally (mostly that I’d finally gotten there) that the crying option just sort of happened in the moment, not planned. While most people will never see it (since it requires the combination of being both attracted to Lancelot and wanting to attack him), I’ve had more than one reader tell me it’s their favorite part. I hope more things like that will come to me!

She can indeed. That will definitely be an option. I hope to be able to write some good ranting at that point.

2 Likes

@jeantown [quote=“jeantown, post:7004, topic:1996”]
he crying option just sort of happened in the moment, not planned. While most people will never see it
[/quote]

When I read this, I couldn’t believe there was an option I had never seen! :open_mouth: But now I’ve played it, and I have to say, I loved it and I think it really works for Disney Princess Guen. It definitely expresses her internal conflict (she’s really in love with Lancelot, but doesn’t want to cheat on Arthur, and was trying to ignore her feelings…until he kissed her).

Are there any more rare options I might have missed?

And as for Disney Princess Guen…after repeatedly attacking him and crying, she kissed him. Lancelot was worried her mind was being influenced by the spell. :laughing:

2 Likes

@Jeantown

If it ain’t too much of a spoiler, would Lance getting married make a Guen-Lance secret romance easier to hide or harder to hide?

Also, seeing that made me think of this: how about a polygamous relationship involving Lance, Guen and Lance’s future wife whose name escapes me for some reason.

In the final moments of part 2 will Guen have to choose someone to spend time with, like in Camelot? Or she can just juggle around her lovers? I’m really excited to see Lance and Guen together after they got past the my-queen-and-my-best-friends-wife phase.

2 Likes

Now I’m picturing my Dark Magic Guen levitating Morgana, Arthur, and Lancelot in the air in circular patterns…to the delight of Sir Fluffikins, the first of his name (yeah, the fae cat) and the children of Camelot.

And weirdly, I can actually see Arthur being cool with it, Lancelot just glad to have some of Guen’s attention, and Morgana a little surprised with the waste of magic :wink:

4 Likes

Regarding Elaine I think it will be nice to see Guen on Lance’s shoes for once (if she romances him, that is) like youre married and I have to stand there and watch you with someone else while I just really want to kiss you.

4 Likes

@Lys your pet name is the besttt. My puppy would probably look at her and judge from afar.

2 Likes

I suspect that my puppy (Tony) loves Morgana and Arthur but hates Lance since he barged in on Guen’s tent all those years ago. :grin:

In a way, it is a shame there wasn’t a Beauty and the Beast component, and one’s fae pet was actually a faerie prince/princess spellbound and could be given their true form with a simple kiss :wink:

1 Like

My Guen would be like: stop chewing Lancelot’s boot, Tony! :sweat:

Ahh, we have the same cat name! Mine is HRH Sir Fluffikins the Third. :slight_smile:

4 Likes