Guenevere (WIP)

:dizzy_face: Thanks for that mental image, Mirabella. I may NEVER be able to forget that. :persevere: You may have scarred me for life. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how i feel about this

Canā€™t we date them both likeā€¦separately? They can double time or whatever. Just imagining Lance and Guen AND Arthur gives me disturbing images. :confused:

2 Likes

What canā€™t we just have all 4 of them?

@Jeantown

Ummm Morgana and Lancelot sneaking on Guen and Arthur doing their thing on Guenā€™s bed?

That would make interesting gossip for the servants.

2 Likes

Imagine the excuses.

ā€œArthurā€™s such a clueless soul sometimes! We were just trying to make sure he knew what went where.ā€

6 Likes

Because after what happens in Part 3, Arthur and Morgana will refuse to be part of that. Either of them might be willing to allow Lancelot, but the two of them together isnā€™t going to happen.

Thatā€™s the problem. Iā€™ve already made things more complicated than I can effectively keep track of, so Iā€™m going to have to be super-careful. But maybe once everything is finished, Iā€™ll be able to go back and add more variation.

The thing to keep in mind is that same-sex cheating isnā€™t treason in the Guenverse; itā€™s just cheating. So in an A/G/L ot3, Guenevere and Lancelot are both committing treason, but Arthur isnā€™t, except insofar as heā€™s abetting.

More scandalous, because itā€™s Arthur condoning treason and compromising the royal bloodline, even if heā€™s not (technically) doing it himself.

::facepalm:: Yes. Yes, I did. Sigh.

Yeah, that. :smile: Barring any more life disasters, which Iā€™m trying hard to avoid.

I think you are my hero. :slight_smile:

Yeah, weā€™ll have to see how that develops once/when Arthur knows whatā€™s going onā€¦

Uhā€¦ I think youā€™re kidding? Right? :grin: But in case youā€™re not, letā€™s remember (as the perpetually-correct @OtherGrimm says) that after Mordred is conceived, Arthur and Morgana are both going to be badly traumatized and never ever want to do anything that involves either of them thinking about the other in anything like a sexual way (including, but not limited to, seeing or thinking about each other with other people).

5 Likes

Itā€™s great how I have played this through several times now and I still found little things which improve on the experience. I found in Book 1 I liked the option not to have sex with Arthur straight away, though I still kissed him, but then after the fireworks having sex made a far better impact and for a Guen/Arthur fan like me a nice moment. I also think my Guen is wayyyyyyy nicer (if willing to make tough choices) than some peopleā€™s.

Also since Iā€™m currently planning my own CYOA fanbook at the moment (not on choice script) Iā€™m beginning to see the sorts of crazy complexity of a project like this a little better.

1 Like

@jeantown This is probably a bit silly butā€¦if fae creatures can shapeshift into shadow beast form, and Merlin is a half-faeā€¦does he have a shadow beast form?

1 Like

Guen will need a little booty call notebook where she can keep up her appointments.

4 Likes

Note to self:

Left booty goes on left footy,
right booty goes on right footy,
left footy is beneath wedding ring,
right footy is beneath the handsy without ring
because I never got an engagement ring. ( sad face )

Signed, Ditzy Gwen

5 Likes

I really, -really-, -really- hope that if news of our cheating on Lance or Morgana comes out, this can be said in addition to whatever else our various Guens want to say to Arthur regarding it.

ā€œFor all your idealism and all your sincerity, you didnā€™t once consider what I wanted. Only that my father had an army and you wanted it, and he gave you to me, as what? A (Insert-medieval-curse-here) trophy, thatā€™s what!ā€

Doubly poignant if/and Guenā€™s father and Arthur were/are privvy to her interests, demi-/hetero-/bi-/ace- or otherwise.

4 Likes

It would be awesome if lesbian Guen could pull of some Ellen Page kind of thing on Camelot going like Iā€™m here today because Iā€™m gay. :joy:

2 Likes

@jeantown Now that Iā€™m finished with my sophomore year of college (YAY!!! :joy:)-itā€™s time to catch up on those Guencaps. And sheeshā€¦I just realized I stopped 1/4 of the way through both the backstories and my character relationship analyses. So Iā€™m going in alphabetical order from the top. I already did Action Guenā€™s backstory, so now itā€™s time for character relationship analysis!

Feelings About Marriage (Dutiful-Angry/Outraged): Action Guen agreed to the arranged marriage for the sake of her father, who, as mentioned in her backstory, she was extremely close to. If it was up to her, sheā€™d be running for the hills. But for her father, sheā€™d do anythingā€¦even this. Still, she couldnā€™t help the hint of anger that heā€™d ask her to.

But by the end of the week, Action Guen was furious. She was married off, till death do us part, to an immature, idiotic, sexist pig of a man that she couldnā€™t stand with no way out. Her father hadnā€™t even demanded that the pair meet before the wedding. It wouldnā€™t have mattered to him if they hated each other on sight (which they pretty much did), as long as he got his alliance. She felt like she had been cheated out of her whole future. Of course, she did consent and say the wedding vow, so itā€™s not like she had been dragged against her will like some girlsā€¦but thatā€™s still how she felt. Cheated.

Arthurā€™s Vision: Action Guen, at this point, glorifies war and battle as a fantastic adventure filled with honor, glory, and battle trophies galore. So when she heard that Arthur wants to eradicate the only thing sheā€™s ever wanted to do, Action Guen was less than pleased. Good thing itā€™s literally impossible to accomplish.

1. Arthur: Action Guen planned to be a good wife and queen to Arthur, even if he seemed more like a child than a man sheā€™d be attracted to. She smiled at him at the wedding. Even though she was rather annoyed that Arthur didnā€™t bother to tell her about a possible assassination attempt, then insisted that the wedding go on afterwards, Action Guen talked to him during the banquet about the strategy he used fighting the rebel barons. The conversation went surprisingly well, and Action Guen was for the first time hopeful that this might be more than a marriage of convenience. On the wedding night, they talked, but Action Guen, having never had sex before, didnā€™t feel comfortable having her first time be with a total stranger. (She tried to do it, in the name of her duty as a queen to produce an heir, but at the last minute she stopped herself, finding that she just couldnā€™t.) But the more she got to know Arthur, the more she disliked him. Keeping her out of the battle by giving her some useless job a trained monkey could doā€¦she barely restrained herself from throttling the sexist pig! So when he tried to convince her to have sex with him not 24 hours later, Action Guen practically threw him out of her tent. And when she executed Hrothulf against his wishes, she had no problem telling him in the most blunt way possible. What did she care what he thought?!

Book II: Action Guen still couldnā€™t stand Arthur, but managed to do her duties as a wife and queen for the sake of the kingdom. She put aside her personal feelings and slept with Arthur for the sake of producing an heir, and agreed to greet Meligaunt. But sometimes (okay, a lot of times), like when he decided to bring SHEEP into a CASTLE, Action Guen just couldnā€™t stop herself from laying into him. She may have promised him loyalty, but NOWHERE did she ever promise to mindlessly adore the fool. Action Guen hoped to watch on the landing while Arthur made a fool of himselfā€¦until the sheep started attacking her and Arthur dragged her to Tildaā€™s room. Through a combination of strategic maneuvering and Lancelotā€™s carrot, they managed to clean up Arthurā€™s mistake. She bluntly told him the sheep had to go, but as usual, he wouldnā€™t listen. Action Guen didnā€™t care about the missing necklace (she didnā€™t like it anyway, and didnā€™t wear it to the wedding) and didnā€™t particularly want a replacement, but when she tried to tell Arthur that it was fine and it didnā€™t matterā€¦it sort of came out wrong (ā€œI donā€™t think thereā€™s much point in replacing itā€), and she hurt his feelings, this time unintentionally. It was all Action Guen could do not to scream in frustration. Even when they tried to get along, it was impossible. How would they endure a lifetime together?!

Decisions With Doppelgangers/Chasing Wrong Guen/Leaving Camelot Undefended: When she heard Arthur was trying to ā€œrescueā€ her, at first Action Guen was just insulted that he would think she would NEED rescuing, least of all from HIM. But when she heard that he left Camelot undefended to do it, she was furious. When she sees him again (IF she sees him againā€¦if his stupidity doesnā€™t get him killed) Action Guen fully plans to knock some sense into this idiotā€¦literally if she has to.

2. Lancelot: Action Guen liked Lancelot from the moment she met him. After being bullied about her appearance for years (despite being very pretty, Action Guen got noticeable muscles from training with a sword, and the ladies in waiting made fun of her for ā€œlooking like a manā€), she was unbelievably flattered that Lancelot seemed to find her breathtaking. And he seemed to enjoy fighting and adventures as much as she did and-best of all-supported her pursuit of bothā€¦which is more than she could say for Arthur. Action Guen had the time of her life on the wedding night fireworks adventure Lance planned, and began to think that the life of an adventurer that she hoped for wasnā€™t out of her reach after all. She sparred with him after the council meeting, and though sheā€™d always enjoyed sword-fighting, training with Lancelot was the most fun sheā€™d EVER had doing it. So when she felt that reaction to touching himā€¦it was not totally unexpected. So in the tent, Action Guen tried to see if it would happen againā€¦and it did. But she knew, as the married queen of Britain, that she had to ignore this. In their conversation after the battle, Action Guen admitted that she could never love Arthur, but refused to say anything more.

Book II: Action Guen was flattered by the victory trophies and triumphs Lancelot had in her nameā€¦but she just wished they could go on adventures together. She was certainly happy to see him again, after 3 years of avoiding each other, and hoped heā€™d be around more often. After all, just because they couldnā€™t be together doesnā€™t mean they couldnā€™t be friends. And when she disentangled Lance from Duchess Tilda, Action Guen was just helping a friend who was clearly uncomfortableā€¦nothing more. They made a great team fighting off Meligaunt together, side by sideā€¦why couldnā€™t her and Arthur be like that? After she impaled the fae wolf, she was stunned to see Lancelot, and tried to joke about HER needing to rescue HIMā€¦and then he kissed her. She kissed him back, of courseā€¦and did a lot more than kiss. This was freedom, this was rebellionā€¦this was everything she had been denied. Before she could change her mind, Action Guen ripped Lanceā€™s clothes off and had sex with him right then and there. The sex was fantasticā€¦nothing like ā€œdoing her dutyā€ with Arthur. Action Guenā€™s childhood insecurities and fears of being ugly and undesirable prevented her from saying how she felt before she was sure Lancelot loved herā€¦but once he did, it was a huge relief to finally say it herself after so many years. She was in love, for the first time in her life. And if she had to fight the entire kingdom, they would be together.

3. Morgana: Action Guen was polite to Morgana at firstā€¦until it became clear that this nosy busybody would just NOT take the hint that Action Guen did NOT want to talk about her sex life, or her attraction to Lancelot, or the prospect of being pressured to have children with a husband she couldnā€™t standā€¦and certainly NOT with a woman she met less than a week ago! Action Guen did everything but tell her word for word to but outā€¦and probably offended her in the process.

Book II: Action Guen was pretty angry with Morganaā€™s pushiness after meeting her, but as the months went by, realized that it would be pretty stupid and petty to make an enemy out of a sister in-law sheā€™d probably have to deal with for the rest of her life. So Action Guen exchanged polite letters with Morgana and tried to keep things civilā€¦though she never did particularly care for her. But they WERE on the same side of the Arthur/sheep dispute, even if they didnā€™t succeed. And they worked even better together fighting off Meligaunt in the courtyard-dark magic and sword fighting were definitely an excellent combination. And their fighting escape from the ship togetherā€¦magnificent. Even if they would never be personal friends, Action Guen hoped she and Morgana would be allies.

4. Meligaunt: Action Guen was not exactly thrilled to welcome someone who tried to kill a thirteen year old childā€¦even if that child was Arthur. Nevertheless, she greeted him politely enoughā€¦but if he was going to be rude enough to confront her about Hrothulf, then she could be rude enough to confront him about what he did to Arthur. Of course, the satisfaction of doing so was somewhat mitigated by the fact that he just shrugged it off, made fun of the fact she was carrying a carrot (which she immediately disposed of), and then insulted her father by implying he would have ā€œsoldā€ her to anyone with a crown. (It didnā€™t help that, on her more unhappy days, Action Guen wondered the same thing herself.) She didnā€™t much care about the missing necklace, but she DID care that Meligaunt was up to something. Unfortunately, she didnā€™t find out what before he kidnapped her! The ultimate indignityā€¦kidnapped like some pathetic damsel in distress that needed to be rescued by a knight in shining armor! Well, not this damsel, thank you very much. Action Guen was fully capable of fighting her way out and rescuing herself, Morgana by her side. But Meligaunt would pay for this. He would pay through the nose. Action Guen didnā€™t think she could hate anyone more than she did Arthurā€¦then she met Meliguant.

5. Grimald: And Grimaldā€¦she disliked him from the moment he interrupted her comeback to Meliguant (timing which seemed pretty deliberate to her). More so when he tried to trick her into making a deal with him. HIM! The man who kidnapped her! Did he think she was STUPID?! If she saw him again, Action Guen would have no reservations about killing him for toying with her like that.

6. Duchess Tilda: Ugh. Just ugh. That was Action Guenā€™s first impression of Duchess Tilda, who seemed like THE most stupid, shallow, insipid girl she had ever metā€¦and she had met a lot of stupid, shallow, insipid girls! Lancelot deserved WAY better than her, and THATā€™S why she tried to keep them apart.

-Action Guen was stunned when it turned out Tilda was actually a spy who killed a trained assassin right in front of her! Needless to say, Action Guen was impressed, and floored, and justā€¦at a loss for words. Sheā€™s definitely fascinated by Tilda, and wishes they could spend more time togetherā€¦and if it wasnā€™t for Camelot and the invasion, sheā€™d be going straight to Frankmarch on that spying mission with her!

Branch-Reasoning (Camelot-w/Lancelot): Action Guen is headed straight to Camelot. Though she does care about the kingdom and its people, and, if asked, will declare that as her primary motivationā€¦in truth, choosing Camelot was more about finally, FINALLY getting to fight in and lead a real battle! Becoming a famous war hero, with Lancelot by her sideā€¦what could be better than that?!

(Action Guen is about to indulge in every stupid, reckless impulse sheā€™s had to keep repressed for 3 years as the responsible Queen of Britain. And itā€™s going to cost her the battle. And then, seeing the grisly aftermath war can produce for the first time is what will be the catalyst for some character development.)

5 Likes

I remember that I read it something about it but I donā€™t remember exactly how and I canā€™t seem to find it anymore so Iā€™m asking, can romanced Guen and Lance not break the spell and if they really are in love with each other, how can they tell after the spell is broken? I love how much Lance is devoted to her and when they break the spell will that go away?? So. Many. Possibilities. :tired_face:

@derekmetaltron Iā€™m happy to know you found that option! I want to try to do something similar with both Morgana and Lancelot, where waiting to have sex could make for a better story for some Guens. And good luck with your own CYOA! :smile:

Merlin does have a shadow-form. I donā€™t think weā€™ll be seeing it in the game, though (?not sure?) ā€“ honestly, itā€™s probably best if we donā€™t! :fearful:

Hm, maybe something like that? If it doesnā€™t appear as an option once the appropriate scene is available, please remind me.

@buggygirl11 Congrats on another year finished, andā€¦ wow! Yay Guencap! :grin: These help me sooo much; I love thinking about the different combinations of story elements that you put together for each of your characters. Also, this was just plain entertaining to read. :smile:

Absolutely. Guen will have total control over whether or not the spell gets broken.

That will be the question, wonā€™t it? I really hope I can work in a lot of the possible psychological issues here ā€“ if a Lancemancing Guen chooses not to break the spell, will she always wonder if heā€™s really in love with her or not? Will she choose not to break the spell because sheā€™s afraid he wonā€™t be? Or, what if she breaks the spell, and he really isnā€™t? Also, if they break the spell, they wonā€™t have the extra-special touch effect anymore. Is Guen willing to give that up?

It will absolutely be possible to break the spell and have Lancelot and Guen still be in love, with him being just as dedicated as ever, if not more so, but that doesnā€™t mean it will happen for every Guen. (It will be determined by variables, of course.)

5 Likes

Oh my god Jean you just made me ten times more curious.

1 Like

The good thing is that if they never break the spell their relationship will never lose its sparkā€¦literally.

1 Like

This has probably been asked before, but will it be possible for Guen to think sheā€™s attracted to Lancelot but realise that she definitely isnā€™t after having broken the spell?I know the spell isnā€™t actually influencing her attraction as you can specify that she absolutely doesnā€™t fancy him, but with the whole sparks-fly-when-we-touch thing it would be pretty easy to misread that.

It would be interesting to have a Guen who acted on that attraction (completely by choice of course but simply because she thought sheā€™d liked him) only to find that it was totally just the spell confusing her. Also interesting to see the sad ramifications that could have on Lance if he really did have feelings beyond the spell.

5 Likes

Its funny that even though my favorite pairing is Morguen my favorite scene is Guencelot at the end of part 1. I swear that scene is so well written I cried and the variety of Guenā€™s reactions is just so good. Repeatedly trying to beat Lance with a sword and crying AND kissing him is my top scene of all Guenverse.

4 Likes