Guenevere (WIP)

Well, my objection is to the issue of Arthur being a klutz - a good or great combatant being clumsy is hard to imagine.

I don’t think he’s necessarily good at knitting just because he’s good at fighting - but “klutz” implied that he’s just plain physically awkward, rather than something about the skills of knitting as opposed to swordplay.

@everyone here: Have you guys ever written anything and had your character tell you "this"3.
I had to go kinda’ deep into character to finish my last project
and…now I’m struggling to not like my character. Anyways, I think
that’s it for now. Tootle-loo for now#Nanowrimo

That thing.

My grandma tried to teach me knitting when I was a child. Well, My reaction was putting the needles in the hair and act like were hidden poisoned blades. So yeah, I never learned to knitting but my seven years older self was a promising bard poisoner. I am wondering now if that was the fact that impulse the Mara born. Also Mara is prepared to enter Fallout 4. 8 days !!

3 Likes

I could see Arthur doing something like that. Not poisoner, obviously, but pretending to duel with the needles and getting sidetracked? Definitely.

3 Likes

I would use them as magic wands lol

Or maybe reindeer antlers

2 Likes

Well, you are a magic style of player, I am a rogue and Hippie is clearly a warrior. We could play dungeons and dragons :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh hell yes. ALL my characters insist on some specific thing. …To the point it feels like they are always talking to me. …particularly my precious daughter.

Thalia please stop insisting I say hi to everyone. For the hundredth time. They’d think I’m crazy.

In regards to skills, for some reason I feel like LANCELOT would be good at Knitting… I… I don’t know WHY. While Arthur just spends all day playing with the fae pet, and Morgana does random experiments like she’s some magical mad scientist.

I… I don’t know WHY I have those ideas for them. Thalia stop insisting it’s because I’m crazy. …Why am I typing what I’m saying to you in my head? Well NOW you’re apologizing for calling me crazy.

1 Like

Well, Lance is good at cooking, why wouldn’t he be good at knitting? He’s already perfect in every other way. :smiley:

1 Like

My Guen would probably never let Lance cook.

…Primarily because she herself loves cooking (along with reading, management and military strategies. All of which she is good at). Also she likes knitting. She… kinda likes a lot of stuff. So she’d make Lancelot play with the Fae pet too while she watches him and Arthur (Edit: Originally I wrote Lancelot. Which would of been Lancelot playing with Lancelot) play with the fae pet.

Thalia. You can stop giggling now.

1 Like

I am sure many women would be happy to watch Lancelot play with Lancelot.

4 Likes

Okay. That MIGHT be true.

I wouldn’t know.

I wanna see how adorable Lancelot and Arthur playing with the fae pet would be though.
I so wanna see fanart of that.

…Maybe some day I’ll reserve another commission spot and commission artwork of that kind of adorable scene.

Thalia. Stop pouting, you’ll still get the image commission I already reserved a spot for in December when it gets re-opened. Now stop pouting, what would Arthur say?

2 Likes

I certainly not ugh he is so :imp:

1 Like

Of course not. :wink:

OMG yes! :heart_eyes:

I would love to stay and gush about how adorable that would likely be, but i’m busy.

…Busy pretending to be an immortal strategically genius Guen with an Immortal adorable idiot Arthur and an Immortal Lancelot to do military developments, with them all conquering Europe.
…Now where did those french people go… I could of sworn I’d wiped out the french already but apparently not…
And why won’t the Holy Roman Empire learn their lesson? And why did Portugal join in? …is it because I’ve practically wiped out France and I DID wipe out Scotland and got excommunicated for it? Twice? …Is it because I’m having one of my strongest armies sailing towards where the Pope lives to deal with the Pope being annoying? Also why does the Holy Roman Empire have ALL the Cardinals?! Or at least seemingly all of them. They just got FOUR new ones in a SINGLE turn!

…For the record, I’m being crazy and playing Medieval 2: Total War. Also i’m playing England …Because I like England.

Can there be a Guen ending where Guen gets Arthur to go (successfully) take over Europe for the sake of his vision?

1 Like

@Fallaner
Better than playing CKII because Arthur could Assasinate Guinevere.

I actually tried CKII once…

I… couldn’t understand it. It was too complex and confusing for me.

I shall stick to simplistic strategy that I understand In Medieval 2: Total War!

At least in this, my imaginary Arthur can not murder my Imaginary Guen!
I so wanna see an ending where Arthur and Guen take over Europe long-term.

@Herrington Thank you for the musical well-wishes! :smile:

Morgana can sing beautifully, but she doesn’t tend to do it if she thinks anyone’s listening. Mostly she just sings to herself while she’s working alone on spells, but sometimes she sings to her children. She’s also very good at embroidery (though that’s not really a trivial talent for a medieval lady), and she’d be truly spectacular at it if she had more time to work on it. Lancelot can play guitar/lute/mandolin pretty well. While he’s never tried sewing anything personally, he does have a good eye for how clothes are constructed, and he genuinely enjoys keeping track of changing fashion trends. I don’t know if he quite has the patience for whittling; he’d probably be good at it if he did, but I suspect he wouldn’t find it exciting enough.

As for Arthur, he’s not a klutz per se – he even picked up juggling from some travelling performers once, and he still practices it every now and then and does it well – but he doesn’t have the best eye for fine detail (witness his inability to unlace Guen’s dress), so yeah, he probably wouldn’t be the best knitter. He really loves animals and is good with them, partly because of all the times Merlin turned him into different animals when he was a child.

oooo, me too. :slight_smile: Who knows, perhaps a scene like that will appear at some point (assuming L and A continue to be on good terms after part 2).

Right now I’m not promising total conquest of Europe, but I’m not completely ruling it out, either. Have to see how things go in part 6.

5 Likes

Would you believe that out of the Paradox grand strategy games, it’s the simple one? Try Hearts of Iron 3. It melted my brain and I’m familiar with Paradox games.

Still I’d recommend giving CKII another try, as once you get the hang of it, it can be so much fun. If a little evil.

CK2 is actually quite simple with the way it works. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or something I know for sure that I can help. (Can’t help with HoI though.)

On a side note… Conquering the majority of England as a warrior queen sounds awesome. I probably wouldn’t even bother helping Arthur since he would probably get in the way anyways.

1 Like

Feel free to PM me any questions about CKII as well.

Yessss!!!

And now he’s a rock star. Like I said: perfect.

Wait, Lance and Arthur can already be on bad terms by the end of part 2???

Can we have a scene where he juggles for us? And can we see Morgana singing while Lance plays guitar/lute/shamisen/banjo? Ohmygod we can have a talent show!

2 Likes