Guenevere (WIP)

Also same reason Guen would lead army in Camelot without Hippie there. Henry VIII first wife our beloved Spanish queen defend successfully the kingdom with henry was away marching herself to battle as a real Spanish princess

Leaving your enemies alive is the worst kind of mistake you can do! They will only try again.

@Promethea heee; I’m glad you’re still enjoying it. :slight_smile: The whole game is written in present tense, so I think the part you’re talking about should be “says” to match all the other presents, but if I’m missing some tense-nuance there, maybe someone can explain it?

As for money/ransom questions…

As I’ve said before, and as @Elfwine has pointed out, there’s no money stat in this game. It’s just not that kind of game. If Hrothulf were ransomed, the money would go into Camelot’s treasury (which is where Guen’s personal spending money comes from anyway), and while it would be a large amount, it wouldn’t be enough to have really significant plot consequences.

Money issues are kept large and vague; for example, if Britain makes a trade agreement with Frankmarch, the increased prosperity might enable the Britons to field a better army or something. Exact currency amounts won’t come up, and the consequences of having more or less money in the treasury will only be dealt with insofar as they support the game’s focus on characters.

So all that is to say, yes, @Fallaner, for the most part you’ll have to headcanon what’s happening with money. :smile:

Hope that helps, but if I didn’t answer something well enough, please ask again!

1 Like

I have a question did Camelot and Britain, metal mines? Because if there is a civil war in French, well maybe selling x or y or both could have future consequences in the last book in theory.

Thus far I’ve included a very brief mention of tin mines – tin was historically a major export from Britain, so I threw it in there. Other than that, I haven’t done anything with mining yet. Depending on where the plot goes, maybe mining could become more relevant. Not sure yet.

What could become more relevant, the mine itself or the dispute between Lady Beatrice and Lord Aristause?

1 Like

lol
WHAT HAPPENED.
THIS IS WORSE THAT THE 40K HERESY SPAM IN CATAPHRAK THREAD.

JESUS CHRIST @Fallaner @Elfwine You had to go Full Godwin law

2 Likes

What?

No, really. What are you referring to?

Your Arguments with Fallaner.
Fallner just used the Nazi Argument.

The dispute. :slight_smile: Everything is ultimately about the characters.

@CaesarCzech This isn’t the the first time the Guen thread has been Godwined. Sigh.

1 Like

@jeantown

you better hope that Godwin law doesnt turn into Mordred law.

blinks Wellllll… frankly it just felt like a valid argument to me… …Why isn’t it? …So what if I invoke Godwin’s law?

…Sometimes you can utilize those in a valid argument you know…

So that means we can’t ransom Hrothulf, then kill him after we get the ransom gold, right?

1 Like

@NJG Probably not, just for plot structure reasons. It would involve me writing a whole other scene after Part 1 has ended, and it wouldn’t result in major long-term changes in the plot or character relationships. Not that it’s a bad idea, it’s just that the amount of work it would take to integrate isn’t worth it when I’m already having such a hard time finishing Part 2.

@Fallaner

Not when its use basically boils down to “Nazis! Therefore I’m right”.

That… that wasn’t how I was using it at all… facepalm Why… why is this such a taboo subject to utilize… I’m not saying “Nazis! Therefore I’m right!”… I’m SAYING that people still punish people for crimes even WAY after they were committed! I could of used anything, sure, but the only one that came to mind were NAZIS because a Nazi being extradited from my country was on the news a month ago or so! They were an old man living in florida! AN OLD MAN.

I wasn’t saying “Nazis! Therefore I’m right!”… Seriously… please… please actually read everything next time…

I could of used murderers, people who commit effectual treason, serial killers, someone who hijacked a plane and got a bunch of money from it, etc etc. I picked “Nazi” because ITS THE ONE THAT CAME TO MIND. My argument has nothing that requires Nazis… Therefore it is NOT “Nazis! Therefore I’m right!” it’s “We still punish people for stuff they did a long time ago!” Nothing about that requires Nazis…

@jeantown It has nothing to do with tense, I meant that it’s “The he says” instead of (probably) “Then he says”. Sorry for the confusion :smile:

Why are you yelling at me? I never said that’s what you did. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Promethea OHHHHH :confounded: Now I feel like a total idiot. You’re right – fixed it locally, will appear in the next update. Thanks for letting me know, especially since spellcheck wouldn’t catch that. :slight_smile:

1 Like