Guenevere (WIP)

Carrot Taliban
Carroban
Carrobomb
CzarBomba

Give up
its even more silly than Guns of Infinity Warhammer Meme Apocalypse.

Too bad I play Warhammer 40K (DoW1 particularly, particularly Dark Crusade. But ANYWEH) and thus find that stuff funny. But carrot stuff? Give me more examples of carrot stuff, it is bound to be quite funny.

The Rundown…

• There is now an FAQ on Jean’s blog.
  • There has been rampant speculation about… well, everything.
  • @buggygirl11 Has come up with about a hundred different Guens.
  • There’s been a discussion about the different interpretations of Arthurian lit.
  • We’ve talked about video games.
  • We’ve been assured that the only instance of nonconsensual sex in the game will be Mordred’s conception.
  • Carrot puns. (We’re trying the name the achievement for keeping the carrot until the end of Book 2.)

That’s all I can think of.

3 Likes

Well, i knew about the FAQ from following Jeantown’s tumblr (and messaging her like twice on there.). So thats the only one I was aware of XD. Anyway, now that im kinda sorta caught back Up i’ll begin reading these again

The only carrot pun I can think of would have to do with caring, but I have no clue how I’d even phrase it. I’M USUALLY GREAT AT PUNS! MY YEARS OF TRAINING HAVE FAILED ME!!!

Or you could call it Carrot Queen. I just like the sound of that

6 Likes

Also @jeantown, I don’t know why I just thought about this, will there be an ending where Guen, Lancelot, and Arthur (and Guen’s kid, should she choose to have one) end up alive and relatively happy? I just love these characters you’ve created so much I seriously just want them to be happy and I feel like that might not be entirely possible :sob: :sob: :sob:

Though this wouldn’t be a problem if your writing wasn’t so good that I fell in love with all of them :angry:

EDIT: I saw your FAQ and read the question where you said happy endings were possible, so yay!! But are they possible to achieve for all of those characters at the same time?

1 Like

[Guenevere FAQ][1] -
" I’d like for Guen to be able to live happily ever after, either ruling the kingdom (alone or in partnership with any of the main three) or having handed it over to someone else and gone into happy retirement (again, alone or not)"
[1]: http://newarcana.tumblr.com/gueneverefaq

2 Likes

Using Carrot Bomb- Weapons of Mass Diet
Handing it back to merlin -Carrot for Parrot.

1 Like

Piece of (carrot) cake?

I love this WIP and this thread never fails to put a smile on my face - keep up the good work! :smiley:

2 Likes

I can haz carrot?

Eat your vegetables!

And in honor of mothers day:

Your mother would be sad
(Refused to use your carrot)

2 Likes

GOOD LORD SO MUCH CARROT. …And i freaking love it XD

I forgot how awesome this thread is.

Its now like the only one im checking despite tracking like… 30 others XD

Shame there isn’t room for Guen and Morgana (my favorite pairing) to make a snowman, and use the carrot Merlin gave them as its nose. (And yeah, some variation of Frosty the Snowman is coming to mind)

2 Likes

Is Guen’s and Morgana’s ship name Morguen? cause they are defintely my one true pairing.

3 Likes

Even if someone didn’t like that couple originally, with a ship name like “Morguen” they have to love them now :smile:

:grinning: Oh my, so much carrotness…

@Interestedparty In the first part of 2, it’s just lure sheep, stab Meligaunt, and use it to switch places with Morgana if you want to make sure either she or Guen escapes from the boat. (But that last option only comes up under certain circumstances.) The second half will offer quite a few more possible uses, but they’ll be dependent on circumstances, so some Guens will have more than others, and some will have none. The carrot is sort of a “get out of jail free” card that gives Guen a one-time automatic success in different situations.

@buggygirl11 Yeah, I really overdid it. My intention all along has been that the second half of part 2 would define Guen as a queen by her actions rather than her intentions, so I wanted to offer a lot of different possible actions. I won’t be doing this much branching again until part 7 (if I did, I’d literally never finish the game).

@Ponku Overprotective Guen sounds interesting! :slight_smile: And I’m glad you got to see the Morgana doppelganger. I’m rather fond of that part.

@allibee (and thanks to Ponku for referencing the FAQ) Yes, it should be possible for all of the main characters to live happily ever after. :smile:

@Lys haha, that would be lovely. I don’t think it snows very much in Orkney, or I might try to work in a snowman in part 3 (though on second thought, Morgana may not be in the mood for it at that point).

@bellamyb I think somebody decided on “Guengana” awhile back, to distinguish them from the BBC Merlin ship, which is usually “Morgwen” – but guen vs. gwen seems like it could be enough of a difference to serve that purpose.

2 Likes

@jeantown
I’m sure Arthur would always be in a mood to build a snowman.

3 Likes

@WulfyK Yes. Yes, he would. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Do you wanna build a snowman?”

“Go AWAY, Ann- I mean, Arthur!”

4 Likes

@jeantown @Ponku Talking to the Morgana doppelganger was incredibly insightful. Am I the only one who felt guilt when I heard doppelganger!Morgana describe her sad situation (for all intents and purposes a real person, with a personality and memories and emotions-but who will inevitably blip out of existence after a few hours)? :cry:

Which makes me wonder…does Morgana fully understand what she’s doing when she suggested creating a doppelganger? (I know I never considered the moral implications of it until I had the aforementioned conversation.)

Or is she just hardened enough that she doesn’t care? Well…maybe not not care exactly, but think that the ends justify the means? Or does she not think of doppelgangers as “human” at all-and therefore their feelings don’t matter to her?

5 Likes