Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

@Vattena
Hey thanks for catching that error! It’s definitely not the end of the demo, sorry about that, its fixed now!

@AAO
Thank you! Haha Aurelia seems to be quite popular isn’t she! Much more than Horatia anyway I wonder why. did the dream do anything for you?

1 Like

The dream? What of it?

All I know of it is some hot girl coming into my room, we make out, she performs SCP level of fucked up stuff on us while we’re making out,
and them I woke up.

1 Like

How did u get that scene?

1 Like

he asking if the dream tingle your mingle.

1 Like

all i know is my character probably wouldn’t have liked the dream at all (since he’s gay af :eyes:)

also i got this error, not sure if anyone else has gotten it yet:

1 Like

I don’t remember getting to talk to Horatia that much (if at all).

Yay I get to be a bloodthirsty gladiator! Can I have fangs too?! Why does whatsherface get fangs- I WANT FANGS. Anyhoo, I’m getting the same bug where no one is saying my character’s name, it’s just blank. Her name is Akaterina. My only real feedback is how abruptly our scene ended with whoever wakes us up to rub the ointment on our wounds. It’s just “you’re going to gladiator school” “what?!” then onto the wagon. I don’t know, just seems like something was skipped to me.

1 Like

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but how do I get to chapter 4 my games always end at chapter 3

1 Like

you…can’t!!! he forgot to change the goto_ending to goto_chapter4.

2 Likes

I dont know if im happy for not being an idiot or sad because no chapter 4

2 Likes

You can get the intro to chapter four by using a player code and selecting chapter four

2 Likes

So can anyone explain to me how I am supposed to get the answer to the riddle in the game? The one between the guards if you go to the mines.

You take in the information, using a stick to sketch out your workings in the sand. So you have 10 guards, 4 per morning shift, 8 in the afternoon and 6 at night. In a perfectly fair schedule, how many morning shifts would a guard have to do over five days.

3 Likes

2…

2 Likes

I was playing through with an old player code and I encountered this error:

chapter4_ludus line 537: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.

2 Likes

Okay but exactly how did you get that answer?

2 Likes

4x5=20 is your total morning shifts, then divide that by total guards (20÷10) to get the morning shifts per guard. Do the same for the afternoon and night shifts, but you’ll probably get an error so yeah.

1 Like

1 Like

@AAO @Logan3000x
Yep I’m asking if the dream tingled your mingle hahahaha that’s definitely a first.

@komorebi
Hmm I implemented a sexuality option into the game halfway through, so the orientations are based off that. If you don’t mind me asking, how long ago is your playercode from? Or did you start from the very beginning?

@cottoncandy
Hmm the thing I can’t understand is, the interactions with Horatia is almost the same as that with Aurelia hahaha perhaps it is in the description hmmm.

HAHA well, you’ll have to file your teeth and probably eat porridge and soft vegetables when you hit your 40s hmmm…

Shucks this is a problem, could you share your PlayerCode?

Which path did you take in Chapter 3?

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely try to figure out the continuity errors and work on those within the week! :smile:

@microwave04
Ahh yes I didn’t change the goto_ending because I wanted people to take note of their Chapter 3 PlayerCode! Cause Chapter 4 is far from complete and I don’t want people to replay Chapter 4 and be rewarded/penalised multiple times Not a bad excuse/save eh?

@MzSnugglez_Fluffybun
Well… it’s a riddle so… hahaha :smile:

@DaisyLee
Hmm there’s an error at the riddle? Do you happen to remember what it was? Thank you!! (:

@Armiley @komorebi
Just fixed it, thanks guys! Stupidly placed a “#” instead of “*” when calling a choice function heh the brain is tired.

@LikeGames
I’m really confused about this bug. Here’s the code snippet:

#Jump back!
*if intellectmultiplier >= 30
*set statrand +1
Stat Check: Intellect >= 30
*line_break
*line_break
You leap back, almost falling onto a spectating senate, who quickly moves out of the way. You grab a plate and throw it at the Brutian, who dodges as it smashes into a pillar behind him. The crowd whoops in delight!

*if intellectmultiplier < 30
	*set statrand 0
	[i]Stat Check: Intellect < 30[/i]
	*line_break
	*line_break
	You leap back, but in your eagerness, you knock over a table and stumble back. The Brutian's [i]sica[/i] grazes your arm, drawing blood. Damn it!

So as you can see, the conditional checks for intellect at 30 or higher. So unless your insult failed (which I am sure it didn’t given your stats) and even so the multiplier is not such that your 49 will drop below 30. I’m really puzzled about this though. If its okay could you share your playercode? Then I can try to replicate the problem and do some troubleshooting on my side. Thank you! :smile:

1 Like
Summary

On this one, I am acting like I was robbed. I do not think I read that happens on the screenshots.

oh and the problem has been fixed. I have tried again and it worked.

1 Like

that is… a very good question actually. i can’t remember how old since my memory is garbage, but i can give you the playercode if that helps?

1 Like

Well I haven’t done a playthrough in a while, but I remember for Aurelia we could speak with her at a party. I can’t remember that happening with Horatia, though I did try. Do we need to have certain skills or background to interact with her?

Here’s my code:

PlayerCode1. 269028. 484228584. 865816176. 3997998. 1195069150. 19865904. 7920816000000. 976880.Aikaterina10

1 Like