Ghost in the library(wip 57k)

Can I just say, the first choice about “she thought you were a (wo)man” could be made a little more clearly. I would change "What did she call you at first? " to "What did she mistakenly call you at first? ". Maybe it’s just me being thick, but it is slightly offputting to have to try and decipher a simple meaning.

“Our team is lead by…” == "Our team is led by…
Also, ac would be a little better spelt AC because 1. non-americans will be brought out of the game, because they (and I) would spend a few seconds blankly staring at it, as if it were a spelling mistake from Tartarus,

It’s good though so far. Storyline is lookin nice, the characters look as if they are developing extremely well (I like shawn’s joke in the car, even if no-one laughed).

Thank you. Had some down time at work and came up with a much better system for picking who rides in which van. A lot of coding ahead of me. Once I finish will also address all the spelling errors pointed out so far. I hope I can have the update in a week maybe two tops.

so van part is broken right keep getting that error message

You could always say “She even got your sex wrong.” and then keep the same options.

Is it just me or did you add a new intro?

I am working on over all update on everything listed so far. Once I have the update completed the van error should go away. Yes I did write a new intro, one I hope does not make it feel so linear.

The intro is fine. So far its really good game lots of control. Hope you get the update up soon.

@lordirishdas When including code, can you include < code> on the line above and < /code> on the line below? It will keep spacing intact that way. (Remember to remove the spaces.)

Ok I have coded for seven hour yesterday, and five so far today. What have I managed to do? Only make a small dent in to the update. This may take me a little longer then I planned. The link is down for the moment as I work on this update. So please bear with me.

I shall wait with great anticipation. Actually I should probably just avoid thinking about it too much or else I’ll end up wanting it more. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have put in twenty hours of work into the update this weekend. I will be working on it all week, but mostly likely will not have it done until the end of this coming weekend.
lol Shoelip

@lordirishdas Damn… I’m proud of myself when I put in a couple of hours a day.

@lordirishdas that’s a lot of work. Welcome to the I-write-every-waking-hour club.

My latest release took maybe 40 hours and people read it in maybe 20 minutes.

I am finding I made the project very complex, considering this is my first CoG lol. I enjoy tough projects and will see this to the end, but I am already wanting to start the next two projects. They will not be as complex as these will be single player instead of group. I also have several other writing projects on hold while I work on this. I have a novel I am thinking on switching over, while not a choose your way CoG, I think the layout of CoG will work very well for a straight forward book. Best regards to all, but I have been slack to long here and need to get back to the writing.

@lordirishdas- I am also working on a very complex project with other small projects on hold I understand Its very time consuming Good luck on the rest of it :smiley:

Hey lordirishdas. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you decide? Have you continued on this, or moved on to a different project?

I am plugging away at it, but loss of a job has slowed me down a bit. I still put as much time as I can into it. At this time not sure when I will have an update out.

Cool. Hope we’ll get to try a more complete game some time not too painfully far away. :slight_smile:

I am hoping to have this update out in a week, but going line by line to try and weed out a lot of bugs and missed programming. I will then try to get one more update out before November. I will not be working on it durning that month as it will be NaNo time.

No rush. The worst thing is to get burned out and just stop completely.

No problems there, I enjoy it to much. I did want to pull my hair out, not being a program I had a hard time getting it set up for the van ride. As you are able to choose your team at the start this creates a random list. Choosing who rides in what van proved to be a bit challenging not to say the least. But I am very happy to say after ten hours of cussing, screaming, and even crying, I managed to work it out. Now you can choose who sits where, now on to the next challenge.