Getting started

This is kind of pathetic but I don’t even know how to behin. The CoG site says to open a file called “web/index.html” in Fire Fox but I can’t find it, and even if I do, I don’t know if I could figure out how to open it in that browser.

It’s pretty clear I don’t know computers, so if anyone could hold my hand that would be peachy.

Thanks in advance.

When you’ve downloaded the file (probably from GitHub, unless there’s somewhere else to download it from), unzip it and open the folder you get. From there you need to go into the ‘web’ folder and then the ‘mygame’ folder, and there should be a file called index.html there. That should be the one to use!

When I first downloaded ChoiceScript, it took me ages to figure out how to get it working, because I’m a complete computer novice, and if I can do it then anyone can!

I know that the site does recommend you use Firefox, but for some reason, when I downloaded Firefox, nothing with ChoiceScript would run, so I use Internet Explorer for everything that has to do with ChoiceScript.

It would be pathetic if you *didnt* ask for help…for all we know, it could be the only the thing stopping you from writing the most awesome CoG we’ve ever seen.

Wow, thanks everyone. You guys are pretty helpful, and also very kind.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I followed Redgrave’s instructions. It opened a game, but I don’t see how to get started making games. I foresee myself asking for help regularly…

@IRHP

See if this can help get you started:
http://countersongscloset.webs.com

It doesn’t include some of the recent updated abilities of ChoiceScript, but I tried to make it as easy to follow as possible.