Games You'd Like to Write

-Warrior’s World:(Working Title I’m sorry) A three part series based on a world where the use of “Ki” or “Chi” has become common place but each person is born with a specific talent when it comes to using the power of Ki. Though the ability to harness this energy has helped the world in many ways it still comes with down sides. Due to Ki becoming more common and slightly easier to use with each generation it has been integrated into a new form of combat sport known as P.A.L.M where the use of Ki is authorized. This competition was formed as a way to show off the zenith of what a human could achieve. The player would pick from three combat styles and travel the world to improve while learning more about the world and gaining a far better perspective on life as a martial artist. Sadly though I have the world building set(well the foundation anyway) I still lack a strong ongoing plot. Not to mention I can’t seem to come up with proper villains,a creative Lore of how Ki was first discovered, what the protagonist’s goal should be, or how to justify such a dangerous sport being made.

-Power Of Protagonist: This one would be far more comedic than actually serious. Think of those stories that make fun of themselves and aren’t afraid to break the fourth wall.The concept is someone has torn an opening through the barrier between the fictional world and “real” world! Different aspects of fiction are seeping into the world. So it’s up to a strong,large,confident, and good looking hero to save the day!
Unfortunately that guy was tricked and killed. Wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. Now his a spirit with some unfinished business. The player’s job would be to harness the power of this dead “protagonist” in order to face off against monsters,Mages, Robots, and even character troupes possessing humans. Through the story you’d be training to improve your “Plot Armor” Level with the help of the now deceased proagtag Ghost Arthur in order to bring down these fictitious freaks.
You can choose between going in solo or forming a team of your former enemies in order to bring down the people behind this and fix the barrier. Though I feel as though this story would be much easier and fun to write I’m afraid the concept may come off as incredibly cringe worthy, to cliché even for a parody, or as if i’m hating on clinches in general

1 Like

At the moment it is just a Canon version vut want to make it a interactive novel.
Secon born set in the revolutionary era you (the mc obviously) were born second in line to the throne. Unfortunately fate throws you to the wolves. Every second born child, no matter what they are, commoner to high born noble, are given to the second legion. So the Mc was given to the second legion to help fight the war with an opposing country that had been going on for 20 years. Then the mc’s brother dies and everything goes from war to peace and they are throne into politics.

At the moment I am working on a few projects.

First my main project which im actually writing right now and focusing on. But id like to finish it eventually lol
The Operative: Fires of Revolution: In a galaxy recovering from a devastating war you are an Operative, super soldiers created to be enforcers and walking weapons for the UEG or United Earth Government. (My main project said very simply shameless self promotion! yay!)

And now my side project
The Stars Above Us (title is WIP): Taking place in the same universe as the Operative this story puts you in the place of the Captain of a small cruiser in the UEG fleet trying desperately to keep you and your crew alive through a galaxy wide war.

The Wings of Angels
As an American fighter pilot in the Pacific theater during World war two you struggle to survive the intense aerial dogfights above the unforgiving waters…

The Northern Forest (rough explanation)
The towns belonging to the collective known as Delmon, are held high by large platforms of wood and stone keeping them safe from the dark forests below. Connected by very small, fragile and long connecting bridges they have difficult times delivering aid or supplies to each other without going through the forest. However, death waits among the trees.
Any adults who stumble into the forest will be dead before they complete their journey, their weapons will not save them, nor their remains which will be lost to the forest, never to be seen again.
Young people including children however, are safe to roam the forests as much as they please, delivering supplies to the towns without fear of the silent killers hidden about. For now.

(yes I have more projects that are bare bones but these are the main ones I would love to write/finish)

3 Likes

Well, I first need to buy a computer/laptop so I can get some more polished practice with the ChoiceScript program. But I have written a good number of short stories in my spare time that I feel might work bettter as a choose-your-own-adventure-story. The main one is supposed to be a relatively simple story to start off with:

• Dream Catcher: the player plays as the last stuffed animal created by the missing Sandman. The special toy’s purpose is not only to enter the world of dreams to fight off Minor Fears that manage to slip into the peaceful lands, but also to help their young Keeper (the child who owns them) grow by facing their own small fears before taking on their Greater Dread. Much of the story does focus of the Dream Catcher MC’s relationship with their child both in the real world and the dream world, and the relationships the two develop with other Dream Catchers and Keepers they meet in during their time in the dream world. The two main themes are growth and what it means to be fearless.

There are two other stories I have in mind. But one of them will likely only really work as a series of books, and I want to practice doing one shots before I jump into a big project. And while I can see the other one being able to work as a choose-your-own-adventure-story, I can also see it working well as a comic or a animation, so I’m still debating on which medium would be the most effective for telling that particular story.

3 Likes

WElp, I guess I should throw my own two three(?) cents into the pile.

Not another Superhero Game!

Yes, another superhero game. I kind of wanted to write something based in the world I created for a Mutants and Masterminds campaign that I didn’t get the chance to run.
It’s a superhero high school (no aliens, no magic, no time travel) and all the NPCs I made were just so damn good that I have the urge to write it just so they don’t collect dust.

But then I always get hung up on how I would let the reader choose their superpowers, and then my head spins at all the variables, and then I just get nauseous thinking about it for too long. :cold_sweat:

That one story that I've been trying to write for...wow, a full decade at this point!

This one is the hardest for me to imagine myself writing, if only because the MC of the story would not be the player character and I’m not sure how a side character would get to experience the original plot, and also because more high school shenanigans omfg what’s wrong with me and I’m not sure the world as it is is strong enough to entertain a reader without the plot, which is the surest sign that I need to rework a lot of things (namely the plot) if I actually want to write it.

Again, the main reason I’m tempted to write it at all is because I like the characters too much to let them gather dust.

The Thieves Guild One

This is literally a feverish dream I had two days ago that has captured my imagination.

The first time my friends and I were going to play DnD, I had thrown out the suggestion that we should be a rogues-only campaign and that we play as a Thieves’ Guild and all this other hilarious stuff that I don’t remember. All I know is, I was shot down, but I still got to play as a rogue and DnD is great.
Anyway, I had completely forgotten my suggestion until two nights ago when I had a dream that the DM took my suggestion and everyone was rolling their rogues but since I already had mine ready to go, I got bored and ended up feeding and then getting chased by geese.

Point is, I wanna fucking do it y’all. I have no idea what the plot–if any–would be. My gut tells me it would work best as a workplace comedy a la Archer or an episodic comedy with very minimal plot or canon stringing it through a la It’s Always Sunny.
Perhaps there would even be a rival Assassins Guild that’s begun to steal business from you by offering to steal intelligence in addition to normal assassin work? idk That shoestring seems strong enough to hold together a series of adventures, no?

All I know is, this one has me the most excited, but I have no idea what to do with it. The possibilities are actively blinding me. I’ll mull it over for a while longer, maybe something will reveal itself to me… :thinking:

2 Likes

The idea sounds great! It also reminds me of this picture:

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson apparently bought the movie rights to the picture wayyy back in 2013, but nothing’s ever come of it.

3 Likes

More of a spark of a few ideas but…

• I like the idea of a fantasy story which lets you play around with the traditional dragon/princess/knight story, like if the dragon is actually heroic and has to save the princess from an evil knight or maybe the princess is evil and the knight has to save the dragon instead and so forth. Basically taking the core story and expanding upon it… I could even see this as a collection of shorter stories possibly by various authors in one collection of Dragon/Princess/Knight stories like Lost in the Pages.
  • A Super Hero game from the perspective of a size changing hero or heroine. I often think that people don’t take heroes with size changing powers like Ant Man, Atom, Wasp and the like that seriously, but I personally think it’s a fun set of powers to play with and have a game which plays with perspective via size… whether you can solve a situation whilst really tiny or gigantic.
  • The WW2 Resistance and POW Camp ideas I’ve previously mentioned elsewhere.
  • More of an an expansive idea this one which would likely be done in several parts, but I’ll still talk about it. This game would take place in an AU Earth and would be effectively a tribute to Super Heroes, the world of James Bond, Metal Gear and also a ‘secret history’ idea of big events of the 20th century. The big change happens in that the Tunguska Event occurs on 1st Jan 1900 instead of June of 1908, and instead of one impact there are four, occuring in the UK, USA, Russia and China, leading to a secret meeting between their leaders of the time. Flash forward fifty years into the future amid the Cold War and the player - who can be either British, American, Russian or Chinese - finds themselves the bearer of mysterious super powers with a power source origin of their choice and become employed by a secret organisation tasked with dealing with the effects of the four impacts - strange powers, dark alien entities, the possible existence of magic and more! What even more cool about this is that the player also learns about and plays around events for a second character back shortly after the impacts in the 1900’s, the idea being that each game in the series takes place in two decades of the 20th Century… the 1900’s and 50’s in Book One, the 10’s and 60’s in Book Two, 20’s and 70’s in 3, 30’s and 80’s in 4 and 40’s and 90’s to finish in Book 5! So you’d to take two different characters through their lives as they grow up, fight, fall in love and maybe have kids who maybe you get to play. Hugely ambitious I know, but I have had the idea for a little while now.

That’s what I got, anyway.

1 Like

Also games I would definitely be interested seeing become reality mentioned (This took a while but I wanted to cover all/most of ya, apologies if I missed you)…

@Vertigo All your game ideas sound awesome, would play any of those! Frontier is my fav though.

@Rhodeworks Sol or Hardlight both sound interesting! We do need more great sci-fi games for Choice of Games.

@ChaoticJackal The hitman and writer one sound good, especially the latter since I mentioned it as a great concept in another thread, and using writer’s block as a conflict with romance included sounds perfect. And if I get to play Agent 47 in your Hitman one so much the better. :slight_smile:

@lovinglydull I love the idea of Blue Corona, plenty of Star Wars and Deep Space Nine influences possible there, and it reminds me of Tavern Tales which I think wanted to do the same in a fantasy setting, and I loved the idea of that.

@Cajun_Turk Both of those sound good, we don’t really have that many comical COG’s actually so The Gifted Shaman would be great if it played to that. And Cold War era games are good!

@RagEgnite Both again sound good but I think Construct sounds more my kind of game, would be curious what sort of character we would get to play as.

@RenaB I’ve been loving the idea of playing the demo Unmasked as a Lois Lane or Betty Brant type, so would definitely be excited to see more games in that super powered universe with different perspectives, especially the Underling and Undercover (Jim Gordon?) ones. I might also suggest one where you’re the non-powered ally of a hero ala Alfred, but that might touch areas other games do so… Your other ideas sound great too, and don’t give up with Hourglass!

@KingMe All of your ideas are crazy but a good way! I think if I was pick one to stick to, I would veer to the ‘turning gradually into a zombie’ one, because that sounds wonderfully kooky and could go all sorts of ways. But feel free to ignore me and go for another one. :stuck_out_tongue: More romance focused games are always a plus.

@anon86661845 An asian inspired sci-fi universe inspired by Dragon Age sounds great to me, and it sounds like you have some deep ideas for it!

@autumnchen All those game idea sound great, though Cyberpunk California appeals to me most. Can’t go wrong with more Cyberpunk style and multiple perspective games.

2 Likes

@Eric_Moser I loved the first CCH so a prequel with a different character sounds great, especially if it lets me play out my Matt Murdock or Jennifer Walters vibes. :wink: And a Mayor game too sounds interesting.

@SimplyUnknown I honestly like all your game ideas, but the disability one could be a very powerful one if done right. Sucked into Online Game and Dragon Rider sound good too!

@EclecticEccentric Death’s Caretaker, please please please, love the idea and I am getting Discworld vibes, oh yes! :smiley:

@Palmtree219 Prophet sounds good to me mainly because having a fourth wall breaking story sounds cool, and the setup. Would certainly consider the other ones though.

@Johnny101 I would LOVE a Doctor Who style game like Timekeeper with a working time machine and getting to zip about places, especially if it kept the seasonal/episodic format the show has, and I would love if the player gets to pick their companions too. Have A Nice Day also sounds interesting… I would totally be Mark Hamill Joker, just so you know… the snowman.

@spytim All those ideas sound great, but The Stars Above Us is my personal pick when you’ve finished The Operative.

@Okami-Nora Love the Dream Catcher concept so I would definitely focus on that first.

1 Like

Really like this idea. Sounds like a magic, meets native type theme.

That’s actually the picture that inspired the idea in the first place. :laughing: Though in Dream Catcher, you don’t have to be a Teddy Bear. The idea so far is to let the player choose between being a bear, cat, dog, or bunny (I had been debating on possibly letting the player be a human doll but, I mean, most of us always play a human in games anyway, so that sounds a little to boring of a option to me currently. Still open to the idea if enough people want That choice though :sweat_smile:).

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :grin:

Though as I stated before, I will need to get a personal laptop/computer before I can even bring the idea to life and to learn the ChoiceScript program to make a demo to begin with. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry for my bad English but…

I have two ideas:

**Heart of Darkness: Fantasy story focusing on romance and relationships between characters.**

A world with two dominant race. The Day-Dreamers and the Night-Thinkers, beings of light and darkness. After the great war, the two races began to hate each other and vowed to destroy each other. The player is the prince/princess of Héron, one of the two kingdoms that caused the war. They father has always been rigid and blind to revenge after the murder of his wife. Preach that the Night-Thinkers are evil beings who came to the land of Ekin with the sole purpose of causing chaos and doom.

After the player being sent to the Sentinels, who’s guard the frontier between Héron and other shadowy kingdom, to prove their value and courage to the King, they meet a Night-Thinker. The dark armor and mysterious air is enough to awaken their interest on the neighbour people. But that interest brings many risks and puts in proof their loyalty to the Kingdom and his father. They start to discover secrets, the truth about the war and who really are the shadowy people. After all that they will have to choice between the throne, royalty and power or face the Lord of light itself and the dangers of black magic, having to go over everything they thought they knew to stay with their beloved.

My friend and I are actually trying to write a book with that idea but I’d really love to see a game with that.

**Stalker**

It was just a random idea so I don’t have much ready but I like it.

You’re a stalker and you’re obsessed with a person. You know it’s sick and only observe in the distance trying not to approach. But for some reason you did.

The urge and the necessity become more and more stronger. You heart beat so fast when you see them. Their voice are like a mermaid song and their touch are like a vicious poison.

You can’t live without them and you know they can’t like without you.

Your love is so intense and strong that it fiscally hurt.

All you can think is they. All you can hear and see is they.

You will do everything to make sure they’re safe with you.

Everything.

1 Like

**Time has healed no wounds:I’ve been hunted for over 400 years. Blessed ,or as i like to say, cursed with seemingly eternal life i have been hunted by the lords of the wolfsblood moutain. Greedy and power hungry every Lord to hunt me has sought my curse to extend their life and therefore their rule. Ive watched each one wither away in the passages of time.

Probably no fantasy elements aside from the main characters immortality but thats subject to change if this gets off the ground.

I doubt I will ever finish either of these ideas, but they’d both be great Choice games IMO. Steal them if you like, I honestly doubt I will personally have the discipline to complete and publish them in the future- but you never know.

• A Police CYOA where you get to patrol the streets, investigate property crimes and homicides, and eventually thwart a Crime Boss and his or her Enforcers, then either become a Department Division Head (maybe even Chief with high Stats), retire, or continue to work as a Decorated Officer at the end. All the classic Police optional Skills and equipment are available- K9, Vest, Baton, Sniper, Negotiation, Helicopter, Motorcycle, the ability to become a Dirty Cop if that’s your thing, secret tape recorder, Option to join Internal Affairs, SWAT, and other Special Divisions… like Life of a Mobster but with cops.

• A game where you can either thwart or further an Alien Invasion of Earth. The Aliens abduct you at the start and force you to work for them as a military adviser. Can you get out of it somehow? Trick them into losing? Or does betraying Earth and getting back at all the people you hate during the invasion sound like a better idea? Complicating things are a variety of Romance Options on both sides (soldiers, victims, Aliens, political leaders) and the fact that the Aliens may not have made the best choice in abducting a person off the street and expecting them to be a good adviser (“I have no military skills!”).

1 Like

Looks like a written version of SimCity

Oooh okay, I have a few ideas. They need a bit more polishing and maybe a few re-writes, but the basic premise is still there! I’m not very good at writing, so I don’t think I’ll go for any of these, but I still like having them around. (Sorry for longetivity!)

The Beast’s Curse: In this one, you are a brave and heroic knight, on a journey to the Queen’s city so you may receive praise and riches beyond your wildest imagination in return for your great deeds. Unfortunately, on the way you meet a plagued hag, who begs you to help her get home.
You refuse (for some reason) and the hag transforms into a infamous witch, known for cursing those who cross her. She turns you into a great, towering beast, much too unrecognizeable and fearsome to continue your journey to the queen. Shamed and scared, you retreat into the countryside, and live your days stealing livestock and attempting to talk to the various travelers and shepherds that come your way(to no avail).
Then, after a few years of this, rumors have spread of the terrible creature that eats travelers and even dared to kill a brave and honored knight(you). So now a cliche adventuring party shows up at your door, wanting to slay you. It’s up to you how you handle them, whether you intimidate them into helping you, attempt to make peace with them, or even kidnap one of the party members! Either way, you have to figure out how to get the party to help you get back to human self.
I’m a bit nervous about writing this one, considering it kinda sounded a bit too much like Beauty and the Beast, and just in general the idea isn’t very well fleshed out.

My other main idea I don’t have a title for, but the premise is that you are a warrior noble born to a fearsome kingdom who judges others on their strength and skill in fighting. You and your siblings are supposed to fight a life-long battle(not literally) to see who comes out as top-dog. Whoever wins would become the heir.
However, you have to prove yourself even more than your siblings to even be considered apart of the race, considering the fact that you were born blind. You desperately want to rule the kingdom, but your disability sets you back. Until you discover the ancient and illegal art of magic. From there you train yourself, gain a familiar, and eventually attempt to overthrow your siblings as top-dog and become the ruler of the kingdom.
It’s supposed to be a really uplifting story, and I really like the concept, I just have no idea how to execute it.

I have a few other ideas, but they aren’t really stories rather than stuff I want to write about. Nagas, minotaurs, spider demons, deer-headed people. Yknow, the usual.

I want to write a haunted house. Not like that realtor game. You are a haunted house. Want to be A demon possessed house? Tear the everloving hell out of every residents leave claw marks on daddy sit at kiddos bed saying you’re going to eat them. Make every family move out. Or if you’re a benevolent spirit help them find relationships. Protect them from burglars. Punish an abusive member of the family. You might even seduce them in their dreams. How you play and what your stats are determine what spirit you actually are. Demon, onryo, succubus, Casper, etc.

3 Likes

I would actually love to write a Hunger Games based game with a full on Hunger Games where you can make your choice but alas I would need to have permission from Suzanne Collins herself so that’s a no go

Yeah if I could somehow convince Marvel to let me write the greatest Super Hero Marvel Universe game ever where you get to pick between Avenger, X-Man, Inhuman, Marvel Knight, Guardian of the Galaxy and more, I would totally try. Something tells me otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh I have a whole entire DC universe planned but my Friend whose a film professor is so impressed by it he wants me to pitch it to DC first before I make any fan games or stories for the public. But if I can get approval I’d make several games in it.