Games You'd Like to Write

Nice! Let us know if that goes well.

I’m super excited for it. I have so many ideas for every DC hero and villain ever. Even ones I have to look up

I have a few ideas for games to make. They are still in their infancy, and require development. I am currently working on one right now.

Firstly, I wanted to work on a medieval fantasy game where you play the role as a Knight. This will be different to most other games here, however, since I do not intend make it ‘historical’ in any way. I wanted, instead, for the player to have more freedom; to be able to choose whoever they wish to be and whatever they wished to do.

This might mean that the game would be rather big, and thus take a while to be completed, but I do not know as of yet. I have been struggling to find spare time recently, so even progress on my little demo is rather slow. The demo would be a taster of the larger game, so people can see what I am roughly working towards and provide feedback.

I did also have a few other ideas. One of which was to be a sci-fi space adventure, and I also had an idea to write a more traditional choose-your-own-adventure game. I remember my sister playing one with me once, a long time ago, and I can still remember it. Perhaps a classical tale inspired by the progenitors of interactive fiction would be a welcome addition here. :slight_smile:

After Us
You know how a lot of fantasy settings have that ancient race that was incredibly magically and/or technologically advanced, and then mysteriously dissapeared, leaving behind sprawling ruins?
In this setting, that’s us.
Centuries after the apocalypse, the typical trio of fantasy races have begun appearing on a ruined Earth. As their fledgling society grows in the shadows of the past, they have to decide what their priorities should be.

Heroes of New Utopia
It came to me last night, and I’m currently trying to see how strong its legs are conceptually. Anyway, if Paradigm City and associated stories are firmly capepunk (for lack of a better term; the idea that superpowers would just maintain the status quo in frightening ways) then New Utopia would be much more of a fun-filled comic book superheroic story. I’ve got some neat ideas, cool characters, and a plot outline. And it’s kind of fun to not need to fit it into a ‘working world’ like Paradigm.

Unfortunately, here is a candid picture of yours truly.

3 Likes

Y’all are going to think this is just because the Olympics are on, but I actually follow figure skating super duper closely every year - I love it more than life, basically.

Anyway, I fantasize about writing a game where you start as a skater who competes in pairs AND in singles, you choose your strengths/weaknesses as a skater, and eventually you have to commit to a pairs path or a singles path, and the game essentially covers a 4 year period of preparing for the Olympics in whichever discipline you settle on, making choices that determine how competitive of a skater you are and influence the relationships around you - it would end up being much more about the relationships than the competition aspect, probably, because I am a sucker for romance. You have your pairs partner as a romance option, your coach, your rival, a practice buddy, etc.

Mind you, I’ll never write this game because I’m never going to learn ChoiceScript (or whatever), but if anyone ever wants to write a figure skating game and needs a consultant, PM me lol.

3 Likes

Why not? :cry:

An ice sports game would be awesome (have considered writing a hockey one myself) because it just seems to be so emotionally different than field/court sports, though really not sure how the nuances of a figure skating/ice dance (off topic but V&M :heart_eyes:) program or hockey/curling match will transfer into this medium.

Well I already got a story in mind at the moment but I got another idea that I’m probably going to end up working on at the same time as well. The premise would be that you’re in a world full of pirates and a new world order type of government. The MC would have a pretty limited life span due to an illness as a kid but later was cured by eating a seed that gave them fire abilities by a person that always looked out for them. But the damage is already done so hence the limited life span of the MC so in this world of pirates, the MC can either go on a “blaze of glory” path or attempt to live a peaceful life. No title as of yet but as I drew inspiration from Marvel DC and DBZ for my first project, I drew inspiration from One Piece for this idea.

If I was anywhere near the writing talent as some hosted game authors, I would write a story set in ancient Egypt.

1 Like

The alien invasion one does sound fun, would it be more comedic or leaning towards the more serious?
The tone seems to imply comedy more then anything else, and of course for my hypothetical mc it all depends are the alien guys hot/cute? If they’re cute space elves or “nordic” aliens we might be in business.

Did your friend also tell you that pitches from the public in Hollywood and presumably to major publishers these days, particularly since it is Disney now stand less then a 0.5 percent chance, and that is assuming they even assign somebody to actually read it. Not to be a downer but you really shouldn’t get your hopes up too much. The rejection rates among major publishers and studios are, I believe, the highest they have ever been.
For better or worse the days of the pitch-a-script friendly shows, like Star Trek TNG back in the day where some of the really good (fan) pitched scripts actually stood a decent chance are long behind us now.

I’ve only just started looking into how to write with ChoiceScript, but here are a few ideas I’m playing around with:

Halfway Crooks: You and your best friend get entangled in a crime boss’ scheme, with (hilarious? dire?) consequences.

Let Me Out: You have been in prison most of your adult life. Your parole hearing is coming up. Do you join in on an escape plan, or rat your friends out for freedom?

So You Think You Can Govern?: Welcome to small town politics! You have just been elected to a spot on the city council. Suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune as you learn that the road to hell is paved with good intentions (and a lot of cliches).

Not Another Zombie Game/ZombieCruz: Why not? More Evil Dead than Walking Dead, I’d place this one in my hometown. If the game doesn’t work out, at least I’d already have scripted an escape plan for myself in the event of the Zombie Apocalypse.

1 Like

A game about being an escaped from a science lab kinda like Eleven from Stranger Things

Well he’s an movie editor and such with his own imdb page. I personally don’t suspect he’ll be successful but if I’m going to do any if my stuff like making fan games from it it’s probably best to let him try first. It’s best to get it rejected fully so you have options.

Use this thread: Interest Check Thread