Games in which I can be evil?

I’m looking for a game where I can be a complete asshole and an evil prick.
I love being one of those necromancers who want to take over the world

10 Likes

You can play as a supervillain in Choice of Games’ Diabolical. And there is a WIP here called From Ashes We Rise where you can either play as a villian or an anti-hero (there is a choice to be a hero but that part wasn’t written) but it has been on hiatus for a very long time now.

5 Likes

Pretty sure you can be rather evil (complete with eeeevil classes) in the Lost Heir trilogy. Life of a Mobster is also a good pick - I mean, you’re a mobster, being evil is pretty easy to do.

When it comes to WiP, try to look out for The Wight King, where you get to play an undead abomination. There was also a great one, A Hag Called Fate, but that one’s dead.

Finally, there are a couple of supervillain games out there, but I never really tried them out.

3 Likes

A topic that I will be keeping an eye on myself. :wink:

There is also Fallen Hero, in which you play as a former hero turned supervillain, though admittedly you do not experience much of the villainy side of things until the very end. But it is well worth the wait, I assure you. :grin:

The Lost Heir series deals with being good or evil. You can eventually do evil things as an evil monarch, marching through your lands and taking what is yours, crushing anyone that gets in your way. You can be an evil knight, which is my personal favourite, and worship evil gods. Of course, to get the full benefit, you would need to buy the whole series. It is up to you if buying a series would be worthwhile.

There are various other games in which you can do questionable things, but you being an evil villain isn’t something which is explored. Like, in Choice of Alexandria, you can eventually work yourself into becoming the ruler of Egypt (I think) through questionable means, and in Choice of Robots you can war against the United States and take Alaska for yourself.

Hope this helps. :smile:

6 Likes

You can be evil and manipulative in Guenevere by Jean Townsend. Book One and the first half of Book 2 are completed so far.

You can be pretty evil in Choice of the Dragon lol, you’re a man eating dragon who burns villages after all.

3 Likes

You can do exactly this in Life of a Wizard. You can even become a Lich and kill a random unicorn (so basically, become Voldemort).

9 Likes

In Lost Heir too, there was an ending where you control the demon and take over the world as an evil ruler. Also in Tokyo Wizard there was a necromancy path where you can become an undead lich in the end.

2 Likes

Although it seems like the obvious pick, you can’t really be really evil in Diabolical. It’s more of a comedy, over the top cartoonish villain most of the time. (I kind of wished there’d been an alternative ending available to give you the option to be a supervillain, even if you got thrawted. If you want to be a neromancer, I second Life of a Wizard and Tokyo Wizard, both of which have options for this.

I haven’t read it myself, but would Killing Time fit into the “can be evil” category? (From what I’ve heard it might.)

2 Likes

If you are into Westerns, you should look at Tin Star. It allows for a wide range of player actions/choices. From the beginning, you could choose to be a murderer as well as run up an impressive body count, etc.

Also, considering it is one of the older CoGs, and you expressed interest in necromancy, you might look at Neighborhood Necromancer. I admit to a personal fondness for it.

6 Likes

I know this is an old thread but hoping to revive it a bit, any other games that have since released that could be added to the ones previously mentioned ?

Well Fallen hero comes to mind right away! You should definitely give it a try.

4 Likes

Tin Star is the best game for players who want to be complete monsters. It has its fun, but I will say that you get a more thorough gameplay experience by trying to be an honorable man.

Choice of Rebels lets you do some pretty horrible things tbh, but IMO more out of rage and/or desperation than actual design (aka being evil.)

Sabres/Guns of Infinity lets you commit war crimes, but you still end up as a war hero.

6 Likes

Hero or Villain: Genesis lets you play as a superhero or supervillain.

Grand Academy for Future Villains also lets you play as a villain, though it is quite lighthearted.

Blood Money lets you play as the right hand man of a fantasy mafia, so you can do some villainous stuff there.

4 Likes

There’s a difference between being evil and kind of rolling with it and truly pit-in-your stomach evil. You can do some really, really messed up things of the latter category in Tin Star.

1 Like

Right. I’d say that certain Caraway scenes and the Six Lodges Massacre(s) are truly horrid. But a lot of the other iffy scenes are just “shoot first and ask questions later” rather than cruelty for its own sake.

In Choice of Rebels, the most brutal parts of the De Merre Raid (where you eat a horse and pretend to burn people alive) aren’t…too evil given the personal and political contexts in work. I’d say the only truly evil scenes in there are a deliberately botched Bleys raid, and a hard-to-find scene where you order the killing of children who deserted with their parents (you have to near-deliberately screw up even to get people to desert.)

2 Likes

Sorry if this isn’t the right place to say this but this was the closest thread topic I could find and I’m just curious if anyone else has this issue…

I simply cannot bring myself to play as an evil character. I usually do kind of a self insert play through to get comfortable with the world first, and then after that I try to play as all sorts of extreme character types. I always always always try to do a runthrough as a manipulative/jerky/mean/evil character but I simply cannot, and I always find myself softening my choices. I know it’s just fiction but I can’t stand seeing even fictional characters get hurt by my choices, especially if I fall in love with them, as I do so many of these characters :sob:

Does anyone else find themselves really incapable of playing evil characters?

4 Likes

Most of us do i think. For me one example would be playing the fallen hero series. At first i tried playing the villain but soon my choices aligned towards someone who desperately wanted to be stopped. I couldnt bring myself to kill someone and when i did kill someone i restarted the whole game all over again. And whenever my mc hurt somone close to him he would have an emotional breakdown. In the end he wants the world to know the truth but his end goal is his own destruction if that makes sense

2 Likes

I don’t go full mass-murdering psychopaths but I can comfortably play a character who’s motivated by greed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say Fallen Hero is a good example for playing evil mc. The MC felt resentment towards certain organizations and people but the sentiment is not something built-in the story. Because the MC has to choose their own reason or intention. In rebirth, MC is written as pretty reluctant. MC can take revenge or do evil things for action but MC’s intention isn’t necessarily evil.

Most games where you can play as a warlord or overpowered MC have options for evil actions.
For example, in War for the West, MC has the option to raze the neighbor country in fire and then kill everyone in the meeting.

1 Like