Game Ideas

It would be nice if you can make a puzzle or match mobile game that have unlimited lives. I got addicted to Candy Crush but it became so hard, I kept losing. Now, I am addicted to Honeyday Blitz2. So far, so good. Game play is smooth, no ads, challenging. I really love it but I don’t like when I run out of lives.

I was directed here from amother thread but it’s worth writing here as well:

I feel there’s a great opportunity in this medium for educational games that could be both engaging and learning.

For example you could have a race around the world were you chose which country to move to each step of the way. The countries would have their own little story each time, teaching about the culture and location, but you would also have to independently learn which country is connected where to be able to win the game (if you went uk-france-germany-denmark-Sweden-Iceland you’d end up wasting time and losing the game)

There are loads more opportunities that exist like this but I’ve not seen any games built with the aim to educate at the same time.

Mechanical gladitorium.
The Fall of an Angel
An immortal body snatcher
Predatory Alien shape shifter brought to civilization. Think Tarzan-esque primitive but more deadly.

If I manage to successfully finish one project I would love to write anyone of these and many other ideas.

1 Like

@snoe, more deadly than Tarzan? Blasphemy! No one is more powerful than Tarzan, but Tarzan! (This is one of the top five all time favorite books, so I won’t allow you to bad talk it. I will fight you to the end!)
Dispite this, I like your ideas.
I’d like to see any of the four brought to CoG, especially if kept dark and gritty

If Tarzan can turn into a 2ton super predator at will I concede that he be mighty. :laughing:

I wouldn’t down play that book in the least. Legendary piece of literature. Just imagining a sci-fi twist.

And thanks by the by.
I just hope I am able to breathe life into these ideas one way or another.

As for dark and gritty. If I write them I can say that they won’t be all sunshine and rainbows.

Sounds fun. I hope you work on (at least) one of these

i want a novel that is like a Choice of Romance. Different kinds of rivals and lovers and also thrill with it. Im so tired of the games having supernatural abilities. Why not try a new one? :smiley:

1 Like

A game I would wish for would be set some time with in the future and travel into the past using your already advanced knowledge to build up the world into is futuristic state in record time while diverting wars and other such contimplations that may arise because of your actions

Sounds awesome. You should totally try to turn that into a ChoiceScript game.

I’m in my last year in college, with my final thesis right around the corner. (and currently participating in a writing competition (NaNoWriMo) for which I’ve churned out 59175 words since November the 1st.) Try to top that :expressionless:

That’s hardly the point here though. I’m not asking you to start working on it straight away. Just continue to jot down any inspiration you might have, and then try to consider it when things calm down again. The short story you posted seems like an excellent place to start from.

1 Like

Did I play the ‘Oh help I’ve got autism (asperge) and probably shouldn’t even be part of the regular education program’ card yet?

Id like to see the game in the style of surrealism with the mix of the thrash and horror. the game Im dreaming of should not be like Doom or something like this, but it should be frightful, by its story should be mysterious.. It should be not like other story-based games where there are primitive story like a Silent Hill.. The best fantasy I can imagine is if the Steven King will help to bulid the plot))) Dont understand why we are living in 21 century, but still have not seen the games from the famous producers which knows how to make you scarry))

I’m not from the USA, but point taken. Good luck with that. (And I really hope I won’t have to learn Arabic.)

1 Like

I love jets…
But I’d think CoG could use the unappreciated air-to-air combat niche. I’ve mild obsession with grace-gritty nature of dogfighting (AND I’m really good at the Acecombat games)
Fav jet movie Stealth good example of what the story should have. Just mess with the details between the battles

1 Like

Arabic is hard to understand. DO you want to go there to OAE?

1 Like

It’s not that hard … And I learned it already … But it’s hard as a subject of studying rather than a language to speak, poetry and grammar are the hardest thing about it XD

A new idea of a game would be playing as the last Neanderthal who is desperately fighting for his survival with a path allowing him to turn into the modern day Homo sapiens or evolve into something more or fail and alwase remain as a Neanderthal were at a later date archaeologist can dig up your tomb/fossile or what ever you were buried in if at all before being placed in a museum as depending on your end result the main attraction another one of their many fossils or just another item gathering dust in storage

1 Like

It would be amazing to have a game about being a cop

A post was merged into an existing topic: Interest Check Thread