So, with this last update to the iPhone version of Choice of Vampire (Part I, obviously), there are now “achievements” synched up with the Game Center interface. Looking at the game code and comparing it to the possible achievements listed in Game Center, there appears to be some discrepancy.
According to Game Center, the following achievements are possible (SPOILERS):
- Architect- You designed your dream plantation
- Balladeer- You composed a ballad
- Blood of the Loa- You fed on Marie Laveau, Voodo Queen of New Orleans
- Blood of the Marshal- You fed on Peter Duplessis, District Marshall for the Territory of Orleans
- Blood of the President- You fed on Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederacy
- Cannibal- You drank the heartsblood of another vampire
- Charmed, I’m sure . . . - Have Samantha Withers teach you the finer points of Charm
- Compass and Ruler- You joined the heresy of the Freemasons
- Edward- You chose to only feed from animals
- For Your Loyalty . . . - Turn Wilson Maddox into a vampire
- From the Ashes- You joined the Klu Klux Klan
- Governor’s Favor- Earn the favor of a governor
- Hector Reborn- You fell in love with Silas Hope
- Homecoming- You reclaimed your childhood home
- Initiate- You have begun your investigation of the Children of Abraham
- Kablooey!- Let the depot explode
- Liar! - Fill Cecil Lynch’s head with nonsense
- No Restraint- You slew another vampire
- Patricidaire- You slew your maker
- Pied Piper- You led the muskrats to slaughter
- Virtuoso- You dazzled Governor Overstreet with your musical skills
- Weaver- You fell in love with Clotho
- [There are supposedly 23 Achievements, but there is no 23rd listed]
Also, the symbols for some of the achievements are gold and others are silver. Does this have to do with anything within the game?
There is code in the game for another achievement, Fed From General Forrest, but this does not show up in the Game Center list (perhaps this is the missing 23rd one and it only unlocks when you have achieved it?):
*if feeding_style = “Soldiers”
#“You know, I’d really like to meet with General Forrest, if he has a minute.” After all, you do have an affection for the blood of soldiers.
*set fed_from_forrest true
*achieve fedonforrest You fed from Nathan Bedford Forrest.
Two of the achievements from the Game Center List (Governor’s Favor and Liar!) do not appear to have any code within the game itself. This makes sense because I have been utterly incapable of achieving them, even when I please Governor Overstreet and mislead Cecil Lynch about the Three Rules .
I should have received the Kablooey! achievement, but I have not, no matter how many different times or ways I blow up the depot (helping Calkins outright, just barricading him inside, etc.).
And finally, no matter what I do, I cannot seen to get to Charmed, I’m Sure and have Samantha Withers teach me about charm. Can someone explain how to do this?
Any clarification about any of these things would be much appreciated. Having the achievements listed brings out my competitive nature!