Fox of Sunholt (WIP)

You mean sow, would be a neat trick of the mc could sew those things. :slightly_smiling_face:
In any case to really cause chaos and mayhem you also need power (I mean just look at Trump), something that the unfavourite usually lacks by default and while power allows you to indeed cause chaos and mayhem having a chaotic personality inclined to mayhem usually prevents you from gaining it in the first place (unless it is handed to you, but then you aren’t exactly an unfavourite).

But this is all premature speculation anyway. Maybe our annoying brother has indeed already be(come) a prince (by marriage) or maybe he is such a good mage that he’s a famous, possibly a court wizard somewhere and maybe none of the above. Like I said I’ll wait until I see in the new game what’s what. As it could also be that most of our brother problems have simply been a confluence of miscommunication and bad timing and then it may be possible to mend fences eventually.
Since we know nothing at the moment literally everything is a possibility.

Unless my mc is actually a kid in the game I do indeed prefer to stay away from such childish bad mannered actions. If my mc eats trash in Fox form it would be out of desperation to survive, not because he likes it.

My mc would prefer more subtle, magical pranks that don’t make him the primary object of everybody’s mockery (think Semryu in Waywalkers). To that end it would actually be amazing if the mc could sew chaos and mayhem into clothes and then he may have to give the nicest jacket he ever made to his brother…then watch the chaos and mayhem unfold. Much better than having to act like a bratty toddler.

1 Like

poweh ? Qué? clearly…my dear friend, you have left the child within you…way behind you.

Just be a brat, pick your nose…burp…and scratch your butt in said Nobly-princessy-relative precense…:smile:

The road to fun is paved with snotty idiots after all lol

LE GASP exuse me your highness lol

I take that as a compliment :stuck_out_tongue: So there!

Honestly I think Smod was referring to their sibling dynamic rather than their titles. We’re fey. We’re thieves. If you know that much about the story then it’s safe to assume we won’t have any royal siblings, so Adelaide’s role as the only royal in our inner circle is protected!

Besides, our little spirit son (or daughter) is quite the chaotic one. I think MC and their fire-spirit is gonna cause some mayhem unintentionally.

3 Likes

You know there are the stories of Oberon and Titania or for that matter the whole Seelie and Unselie “Court” thing, fey can have or be royalty. I mean even here on this site in @Gower 's first game the mc’s mother is fey royalty. But I get your point.
Still he could be an obnoxious “prince of thieves” I guess, or he could simply actually be successful in his human form (and maybe if we choose magic he managed to actually worm his way into magical school when we didn’t or something like that), whereas from that snippet we had about the mc trying other jobs the mc thus far hasn’t had any luck as a “human”.
I wonder if at the beginning of the new demo we can choose to be a bit more jaded and maybe basically having decided to life like a fox from now on, until the party of fools comes busting into the mc’s life. :thinking:

My mc would still potentially like living as a human far better than having to live as a fox, however it may just happen that being and living like a fox (for the most part) is a convenient escape for him from the alternative of having to be a gutter thief and a beggar after everything else he tried failed miserably.

2 Likes

Howdy! Let me just say that I am very happy to see that this has made a return! I had to play the demo several times in a row just to tide me over.

Anywho, I’ve gotta say that above ^ has the right idea! A more animalistic MC would be super fun to play as! Plus any excuse to be in fox form is a good one.

3 Likes

Yeah, except this is the FoS universe written by Smod so I don’t really see how the comparison connects? MC could become royalty if they go for Addie’s route and have a child (shoutout to Colette I’d die for her :two_hearts: ). But iirc humans hate/fear fey and humans essentially own the land so I highly doubt there’s a lot of legitimate fey royalty.

Oh worm? My MC is on her way to become the queen of thieves then :eyes: Be feral and do crimes ladies

1 Like

That no longer immortal blurb made it sound, to me at least, more like the local Fey losing touch with the Fey/spirit realm and thus the (un)seelie court. But fair enough my interpretation of the meager facts is just my interpretation after all and in-game it matters little to my mc who is probably just trying to survive day to day.

The only really pressing issue for me is would it still be possible to become better or at least equal to the obnoxious sorceress in magic without the mc having to be an outright genocidal maniac and going to for all the 9 tails? :worried:
This is another thing Yoon seems to have it better in, though the blog implies that is at least partly to do with his specific Fey-fox type, which to me strongly implies the mc’s line descends from particularly nasty unseelie fey and that Yoon is likely from a more “noble” lineage than the mc and their family are.

This certainly seems to be true in the local lands…still Yoon and his curiously highbrow upper-class tastes (as well as his magic training, even in the old demo he seems to know some fancy tricks the mc doesn’t) may have had to come from somewhere and it certainly doesn’t seem to be from running as a desperate gutter-thief in the mc’s uncle’s gang.

1 Like

@Vanessa_Pang like Fay said, I’m rewriting it!

@Bahamuht actually you just reminded me to add gray as a color choice lol I had black and white but forgot grey for some reason. The personality doesn’t affect it! It’s more your actions. Though, for example, choosing you say your character likes the night, would give you “points” in the Shadow element…which I wouldn’t consider a personalty thing?

@Pigeon noted! I’ve been writing it more that the MC feels more comfortable in a human form, but as there are Fey that stay exclusively in their animal forms I don’t see why I can’t figure out a way to explore that with the MC if people are interested… I’ll leave it as is for now, but I’m making note of that for sure!

@Fay I love you. I have no point to respond to just that I love you

As long as we can agree on the orange juice thing!

I really only meant they share a similar dynamic to Zuko/Azula, not really that either of them are royal. Which brings me to my point that Fey nobility, as in Fey with titles and land, are practically non-existent. The lands are ruled by humans, and humans as whole do not want to see Fey in that sort of power (some Fey do marry into human noble families, but that’s rare). And as to dump all my boring lore here, I’ll just leave it at that lol

And Fey (as I’ve written them in this world) and Fae (as we would know them) are completely different. As much as I love mythology, which is a lot, I took a different route with FOS deliberately. There are obvious similiarites and influences, but they’re completly different. So there aren’t really seelie and unseelie courts.

But you are spot on about Yoon, in that he’s got more going on that he lets on at least. To simplify: he’s not just a simple thief, he works with the MC’s uncle out of a debt and less because he has to. Yoon does well for himself (he also gets to indulge more on his expensive tastes when Adelaide officially hires him as an adviser).

I’m also glad you find Camille obnoxious, if I’m adding in options to be mean to/not like the characters, I hope at least one person takes it lol

And about being the unfavourite, this is true to some degree. Your sibling is older and more experienced and by virtue of just that, they are stronger. But the MC is of course not just a regular person…er, Fey. The MC is powerful enough in their own right, but not overly so. The only way to be more powerful than Camille is with the nine tails. Getting nine tails isn’t exactly making your MC into a genocidal maniac, there isn’t really an “evil” route like that in-game.

Out of the main cast, Camille is canonically the strongest in a normal route, and there’s a reason for this. It was also a very deliberate choice on my end to make sure the MC isn’t the most powerful person in the world, or even out of their friends. I’ve never thought of the MC as being weak though? But in some respect they are certainly not all-powerful, and never will be. FOS isn’t the kind of story where something like that would make sense. I hope you’ll make your own judgments when you play through it! FOS is a story about what you do with the absence of power, and I personally feel it fits better to have them be “weaker”. But again, I understand if this is not something everyone is interested in! Also hope this makes sense

If anyone else has any questions, you’re always welcome to throw them my way! I don’t think I’ve ever explained much about the world

Also @idonotlikeusernames let me throw you a brand-new Yoon drawing your way tomorrow, in your honor

20 Likes

Still your own blog seemed to imply that the mc just has rotten luck with the type of Fey they are and getting more magically powerful seems to require deliberately nasty (evil) actions and really thus far the only two people my mc might want to be deliberately nasty to are Camille and his brother as they both seem to be utterly obnoxious (okay for the brother I’m basing it off that Zuko brat you had me Google, so even he might actually be nicer in-game but still). With most other people he might mildly dislike, such as his uncle he still wouldn’t want any harm to befall them on his account.

Addy on the other hand is just so kind and adorable my mc cannot bear to see her sad. Plus she’s one of the few people who are actually nice to him from the outset almost unconditionally.
While he does not fancy women romantically or sexually I still hope there is a good friendship path for Addy even while romancing Yoon.

Aside from being the cutest and sexiest Yoon always seemed the most intriguing character by far to me.

Can’t wait to see it. Though that does make me dread what sort of “official” role the princess has in mind for the mc, hopefully not servant/stable boy. :worried:

Drat! Because while my mc could fairly easily live with Addy or Yoon or even Mars outclassing him Camille and our sibling both seem obnoxious enough that my mc would really like to become more powerful than them and best them. :disappointed:

As long as we’re not going to be the dead-weight damsel-in-distress all the time as that gets pretty annoying pretty fast, imho.

Yay! :heart_eyes:

Much like with Alty in Keeper my mc is gonna figure out all of Yoon’s juicy secrets. :fox_face: :smiling_imp:

Is it even doable in the actual game, as opposed to maybe in a couple of centuries?
Still this is one mc where being an outright nasty piece of work does not seem very appealing to me as most of your characters (Camille and likely our new sibling excepted) seem way too nice to want to inflict that on.

Is magic as our main weapon even viable throughout the game if we don’t go for the extra tails? Or would we to put it in D&D terms stay limited to level 1 equivalent magic/power no matter what unless we get more tails? :worried:

And one final big thing, is Yoon having those two kids a 100% certainty? Because since my mc is male he had better hope they’re adopted as there is no way my mc would consent to the abomination of magical male pregnancy and be the “mother”. :worried:

3 Likes

Me reading this right now:

You and I both know that Addy is too sweet for that, my best bet is that she’ll ask us to be her best friend forever in her court. Her emotional support Fey. And honestly?? I’d accept :’)

10 Likes

I was thinking along the lines of promoting us to “giant fox pillow” - the kind you cuddle and snuggle into when you need comfort or a nap. Lets hope the princess doesn’t drool in her sleep… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

she totally do! :sweat_smile: and she mumble in her sleep (still arguing stuff with camille), and she kick and punch lol

if you are granted your wish, then let me be the first to say ‘Oh IvoryOwl…why do you look like you havent slept in years ?’’ :smile:

2 Likes

sid
Adelaide introducing the MC to the court, camera pans to old men looking very confused, her brother whispers “u can’t do that”, adelaide screams

That’s my bad then! I’m sure I didn’t explain it well on my blog, or even here. But the MC is a special case, any other Fey would have to be a genocidal maniac, not the MC. Logistically, I’m still working on what this means. So just ignore everything I say about it for now until I have more of a finalized plan for that route.

I would say yes! I’ll certainly share more details about this when I’ve got it worked out a little more

oh god, who do you think I am??? kasjdaksd yes, they can be adopted (in yoon’s case, i consider the “default” to be adopted). in the case of them being biological between two men, it’s through a surrogate. but children are optional altogether anyway

“i get paid to sleep with the princess”

AND HERE'S A YOON DRAWING (warning for shirtlessness and lazy coloring)

30 Likes

Yoon is just perfection! I am looking forward to getting to know him.

8 Likes

Okay, I hope Yoon isn’t tempted to become one then, my mc likes him way too much to have harm him.

Okay, I’ll wait then. :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay, that’s a big relief. :relieved: I’m curious to see what makes Yoon want to become a dad as the game progresses because right now he strikes me as the far too cute, adorable and handsome poster boy for this trope.

I’m not sure if that’s wise of her, I think my mc is only very slightly less troubled than Yoon and probably has far less social skills to boot. :worried:
But as long as it’s a well-paid position that frees him from any sumptuary laws the kingdom may have it’s her proverbial funeral…

Yay! He’s super hot. I guess he could compete with Misao for sexiest Kitsune ever (though my mc is certainly no slouch either in that department once they get him cleaned up and dressed better)…
I don’t know if I like him better shirtless or in fancy clothes.

He is. :heart_eyes: :fox_face:
If he wasn’t my mc’s I guess he’d be very popular among the court, Fey or no.

Sorry Addy, my mc already sleeps with Yoon…well hopefully by the time we get to court at least… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

The most talented artist and author on the forum?? Who else??

7 Likes

Me seeing new art of Yoon like :eyes:

9 Likes

Can’t believe I only found this now. I love playing as fey fox, and wonder what’s in store…

Need clarification though; What do you mean by the variable “foxhuman”? When I said “similar to fox form” I meant same hair and eye colors, but now I’m unsure… It’s not anthropomorphic, is it?

Congrats on 1000! :hugs:

3 Likes

I absolutely adore this game and look forward to a complete game. Keep up the amazing work!
I can’t decide between Adelaide, Mars, and Yoon. All the characters are so unique.

Probably unimportant but this is how I imagine my male MC looking:

28 Likes