Fox of Sunholt (WIP)

dfasdfsd

When the ancients walked the lands, we them revered as gods. But some could not be so lucky as to bare humanity and nature in one stride. Some were abominations of both⁠—born of two worlds but creatures of neither.

We called them monsters.
They called themselves the Fey.

The princess of a troubled kingdoms finds an unlikely hero in a downtrodden Fey-fox thief, and with her band of discordant mercenaries, she sets out to save a world already on fire.

NEW WIP DEMO ( COMING 11/03 )

OLD WIP DEMO

https://dashingdon.com/go/1818 (OLD, BEING REWRITTEN)

Story

There is a story uttered in conspiratorial whispers, scrawled into holy books and etched into The Illumination itself. They all end the same way: The Fox tries to destroy the world but the Lion plunges her sword into The Fox’s heart first. Then, they speak of the time when the Fox will come back and the Lion will have forgotten the initial betrayal and will not know to stop the Fox and this time the world will really end. This is why the foxes must be hunted and why the Fey are monsters.

But there is another version: a child cries, their mother holds them. She loves them, she tells them about beauty and love. The child is Fey, but not a monster. There is fire and blood in this version too, but this one isn’t about gods or betrayal. This one doesn’t have an ending at all.

You dream of the world on fire, and you standing above mountains of rubble and ash. You dream of a different life, one that is not your own and lived in a world that is not this one. You are a Fey-fox, and to you, that means nothing. To the princess of Sunholt, it means you can save her island kingdom.

About

The Fox of Sunholt (FOS) is a light-hearted, heroic fantasy game focusing on character development and relationships, the game itself leans heavily towards romance and has 6 main romantic options (3 male & 3 female). While the romance is not necessary, the story was written with it as the default, and as such, a non-romantic path will feature less content.

In The Fox of Sunholt, you take the role of a downtrodden Fey-fox finding themselves accompanying a princess on her misguided journey to save her kingdom. But your fate takes a different turn and maybe the world isn’t worth saving at all.

Features
  • Customizable MC (play as male, female, non-binary, gay, straight, etc.)
  • Romance any one of the main cast regardless of gender; even find yourself caught in a love-triangle
  • Chose your weapon, develop a magical specialization, pick your character’s talents
  • Define your MC’s personality and unique traits
  • Influence the outcome of the world; who will you save? What will you burn?
  • Unravel the strings of fate, learn the truth of your power. Will you become the monster the humans fear?
  • Explore multiple paths and various endings in the world of FOS!
Warnings

The Fox Of Sunholt is a mature story.

(note: most of these are mentioned/discussed, but not shown in an explicit manner)
Abuse, Drug & Alcohol use, Violence, Gore, Sexual themes, Strong language.

Updates

TBD

IMPORTANT LINKS

TUMBLR ( for questions, art, and more info )

722 Likes

I love the idea, and your style is great. Easy to read and poignant at the same time.

11 Likes

Short but interesting.
Looking forward to Camille, the most likely candidate for best girl.

6 Likes

Looking forward to this. Very interesting concept :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Interesting premise, I’m hooking into this book.

3 Likes

First of all, dammmmn those are fancy pictures! XD :laughing: I love your idea, and I’ll be tracking this WiP. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I want play a kitsune since a long time. Can’t wait more updates :grinning:

6 Likes

This looks interesting, I love foxes! Looking forward to meeting the other characters.

3 Likes

Camille sounds interesting look forward to encountering her also you were right it was short didn’t even get to the name your character part :smirk:

2 Likes

This seems like a cool idea. (And your pictures are making me jealous. Where’d you get them?)

Just thought I’d point out, no idea if it’s a bug or intentional, but in the relationship tab in the stats screen, the Romance v Friendship stats say things like AFriendship/ARomance for Adelaide. Not sure if that was intentional, but that just sounds like what I would name the variable, not the stat itself, so I thought I’d point it out. (If that even made sense… I’m bad at being specific. And helping.)

2 Likes

I really like this, and this is kind of random but I love the names you chose for the main characters.

I’m interested in learning more about the MC and the little sprite that follows her around. Looking forward to seeing more of this :sunny:

3 Likes

I love this already! Looking forward to more!

So far, I’m liking it! (And our little companion!)

2 Likes

Looking forward too see more of this, I like our little friend

3 Likes

me, too, stop to pet cats.

7 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this my entire life! I I’ve everything about Kitsunes!

4 Likes

alksjldakjd thank you all so much for your interest!!! it means a lot to me !!! not to get sappy or anything but as a child i always wanted to be a writer but was told it “wasnt a real job” so i never pursued it. so, uh, it makes me really happy to see people appreciating this sorry just wanted to say thank you! I’ll tone down the sap

@Ramar_Blood lol yes i didnt even want to put it up but i figured something was better than nothing at all

@ExcaliburV Yes thank you for pointing that out! I fixed it :’) and the pictures are just from around the internet, i edited them and added text ! glad you like them

MINOR UPDATE– I wrote a little more and dropped the friendship/romance meter. I didn’t like that it somehow implied that you can’t both be friends and lovers with someone. instead there’s two bars, one for friendship (which is just how much a character likes you) and another for romance. I’ll write more tonight, and update again then. Hope you’re all having a good day!

31 Likes

Man, I got really into it right when it ended :pouting_cat: Looking forward to more! I really love your idea and I admit, I kinda always end up playing most of these types of games for the romance lol.

Good luck! I’ll be cheering for you, quietly, from the shadows over yonder. Cause I am not very good at making public posts :upside_down_face: Public posting is like public speaking, stressful.

6 Likes

Sign me the fuck up NOW!!!

2 Likes

Princess: (Stares at fox) “SO CUTE!”
Me: (TACTICAL RETREAT!)

21 Likes