Forum Color Themes

Discourse does support light/dark theme switch in preferences tab

It’s not implemented on this forum though. I would love it - it’ll work for both desktop and mobile without third party software.

edit: @RETowers could you please look into implementing this feature on the forum? We’d be very grateful.

5 Likes

Yep I have a “night light” app on my phone that kicks in after dark and adds more Orange into the screen. It’s great.
Edit: sorry just remembered my old phone had the app, my new one has it but in. Worth while checking the settings to see if you have it.

1 Like

Whaaaaaaat? Does it cost extra or something? Why isn’t it implemented?

staff, pls, my eyes are dying.

4 Likes

I know… I feel like I’m reading a spotlight… Still trying to find a work around but I’ve honestly just put notes on threads I like and look at them when I get notifications now. I can’t deal with this white background anymore. I must be getting old.

I don’t suppose we could maybe tone the background down from basic white? Maybe November Thames shades? Because the stark white… ow.

Did a quick one, need to tweak (and should probably rename them.) The site icon is an image, so I have to take a moment to figure out how/if I should invert it, hence why the bar at the top is grey and not black.

Oh and please @ me if anything is unreadable, since it was when I first implemented it, and IDK where all the colors are used.

5 Likes

I’m out of likes, but it’s ok because this is incredibly helpful for people like me with sensitive eyes. Thank you! :heart:

I can’t see any issue beyond transparent icons, but if I find anything I’ll be sure to leave a comment in this topic.

1 Like

The forum icon is very faint and almost unseeable as I write this… where you usually click to go back to the home page for forums.

Screenshot? I’m messing around with a bunch of stuff basically live, since testing it was annoying without making it live.

Everything looks fine to me?

1 Like

Probably because your keyboard’s too big.
Like mine here

Just tap your phone’s back button to “close down” the keyboard, and it should be fine.
Otherwise, @RETowers, is it possible to shrink the size of the writing box?

I don’t think so? And most probably not selectively based on keyboard size.

Yeh, figured as much.
Well, my keyboard’s size can be adjusted manually at here, so it never became a problem.

Btw, if you’re on Samsung’s default browser, guys, swiping down (on the browser’s screen. A big swipe) seems to work too, as doing so will hide the address bar and reveal the web’s top-banner.

Here is a screenshot:

In the upper left corner, the word “FORUM” is barely seen and the icon is transparent.

When I switch themes it takes a moment to update. Does Cmd+Shift+R fix it?

I just did control-shift-r and it worked. Thank you.

1 Like