This game now has a tentative release date of 7 November.
THANK YOU for all the generous help and advice and testing. It is MUCH appreciated.
This is my finished, polished, fully auto-tested game, looking to be even more shinier and more polished before it’s finalised for HG.
You can see the cover (and click through) at [not any more; it’s been removed]
Let me know what name you’d like for the beta reader list, if you want something other than your user name. You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want.
(I’m also writing a CS piratical fantasy for the IF Comp. Please PM/email me if you’re interested/able to help beta test it before the end of September deadline.)
Here’s the descriptions, which could also do with a polish if you think they can be improved:
Win Australia with the power of Steam and Science!
Fight Clockwork Men and Bushrangers in the Battle for Australian Independence!
Win the Steam-Powered Fight for a Nation!
When the battle for Australia begins, will you join Her Majesty’s new clockwork army to keep Australia peacefully British once and for all—or will you cast your lot with a ragged crowd of ex-convicts?
Will you be a deadly fighter, or torn between the conflicting loyalties of those you love? Can you overcome your fatal flaw before it’s too late?
Are you ready to turn the tide of history? Play to find out!
Bullet Point List:
• Enjoy a steampunk journey across drought-stricken Australia.
• Face half-mechanical beasts, bushrangers, and clockwork killers.
• Use your magical metals wisely.
• Protect or abandon those closest to you.
• Follow your scientific observations or your gut.
• Choose kindness or wittiness; contentment or passion.
• Choose your name, gender, and sexuality.
• Overcome your fatal flaw and grow as a person—or it may get you killed.
• Develop your courage, happiness, and mechanical skills.
• Fight for Britain or Australia, or choose a healer’s path.
[edited to remove any mention of the myriad possible epilogues. Thanks for the advice.]