Fight or Flight? -WIP-

Would you guys be interested in going anywhere in particular in new zealand
or perhaps going to another country eventually?

also should i change ethnicity to Nationality
and make it so you can come from places like
-America
-Britain
-Russia
-Etc
that could make it more interesting as you could be more or less
inclined to side with one of those 2 sides rather then siding with New Zealand?

Maybe, bud

No I don’t think so mate Central America

@JLBH2000 taking in what you have said, I will change ethnicity to nationality
so you can come from places specifically
e.g. Cuba (Carribean)

Okay Thank you

Any countries you would like me to include for nationality in specific?

Jamaica

Maybe Russia because that’s a big country am not sure

@JLBH2000 Will definitely make Russian a nationality because Russia is one of the countries that is invading New Zealand (war between America and Russia both invade NZ for a resource which i cant decide on).

Make up a resource

Maybe something like krylanium which is like oil and is a vital asset

Just a suggestion

New Zealand has alot of active/dormant volcanoes i could make it something to do with them, so

A resource and being strategically close to Australia?

Here is the updated demo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/221349432/web/index.html

I redid alot of stuff and added some more to the story

please report any errors and voice any ideas you may have
Thank you in advance C:

Yes that would be great

Love it mate

One thing I would say is make it more descriptive it seems like your rushing through it take your time there isn’t a race and go through everything twice and make sure you think it’s right

But it’s awesome mate

@Shobuscus Quick question (and a rather off topic one, at that), do you watch Tobuscus on Youtube?

Line 7: Non-existent variable ‘health’

I have to wonder what the point of the ethnicity is. Certainly you can’t satisfy everyone and include all the ethnicities in the world. And if you don’t include it, does it affect the story much in any way?

@hahaha01357 it gives the player a sense of belonging and yes it will definitely make a difference story wise. it will give you more options when interacting with people of your same nationality.

@Wire sorry about that will get around to fixing it

@The_Ravenclaw yes i do C:

Will those characters of different nationalities feature prominently in the game? The problem is you got a big list and there are still quite a number of ethnicities that aren’t represented. For example, I’m just looking at the wiki page for New Zealand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_origins_of_New_Zealanders) and peoples like the Chinese, Samoans, and Indians didn’t even make it onto the list while the Cubans and Jamaicans, who aren’t even significant enough to be counted, made it into the game. Now, I’m not writing the story so I don’t know if you have a plan for all the included ethnicities, but I can definitely see something planned for the American and Russian players. However, I’m wondering if you can’t simply base your ethnicity on a general geographic area (like Pacific Islander, East Asian, South Asian, European) and then have a potential for learning a second language in your background. It’s certainly a lot easier to manage.

@hahaha01357 I dont mean that every nationality will have a huge impact on the game, but being maori you can go onto the marae and if your are american or russian
those two sides will treat you differently. I do live in new zealand so i am aware of the cultures that dwell within my area (i live in the north island)