Continuing the discussion from Fallen Hero - (supervillain WIP) update 24 Jan 2015:
Since apparently I can’t update the old topic (too old for editing?) I figured I might as well make a new one.
So, Fallen hero has finally updated! You can play it here:
The new features are a revamped character creation system, more variables and more story. We now have an entirely new chapter, a new person, and about 23 000 words of story in an average playthrough.
I will also post some FAQ’s here, so people will know some of my thoughts.
- You are playing a villain, but whether you stay that way or try for redemption will be up to you.
- We have not reached the villain identity step yet (soon). There you will have secondary powers and be able to adopt a name, suit and identity.
- You will be able to romance many people in the game, and yes, several at once if you dare and manage, The MC will change and grow, and you will not be locked into many choices, but they will affect how people see and react to you.
- Yes, there are spelling and grammar errors. I have not put it to my proofreaders, since I am still changing things.
- Please tell me if I have missed any faulty pronouns. I really have tried this time.
- The stat screen is just temporary for now. I need to figure out how to do what I want it to do.
- Any feedback is great, but there’s no guarantee I will listen.
So when will this game be released?
I have no idea. The reason why this update was so late is that I have moved cities, and just bought a house, and is working at a new workplace. So lot of stuff going on in real life. I also have my other writing (of which you can check out http://www.breakscomic.com/ since that is in english), which I also needs to deal with.
So, sadly, this is my third job, and my first time coding choicescript, so it is really dependent on my free time. I’ll keep typing away though, since you people seem to like it
UPDATE APRIL 3:
Corrected a lot of the errors pointed out so far.
I finally managed to implement a save system (I hope) thanks to @CJW
Once you start playing, as long as you have the “autosave enabled”, the game should save, even if you close your browser. If you want to stop saving at a specific point, to try out different paths for example, then just unclick the autosave. Once you want to go back and redo, just press “load” and you should be taken right back to where you stopped autosaving.
Now to keep working on the next chapter…
UPDATE APRIL 5
Added a new chapter, and did some very minor changes in the earlier ones. Mainly to add support for people who want to play as asexual and go a friendship route instead of a romance route. Since it is later, I have no doubts I have messed up many things that I will spot tomorrow, but enjoy! This is the last of the “statbuilding” chapters, after this it is just story, which is a LOT more fun and easy to write.
It is up to a bit over 25 000 words on a random playthrough (67 000 in total).