Fallen Hero Excitement Discussion

i’m already being hyped for book two content but book one isn’t even released yet sEND HELP

my boy herald is underrated as heck. i didn’t post often in the forum then but i remember some users hatin’ on him. though i can’t remember if it’s because he comes off as a show-off or because he’s the one who “replaced” the MC. eh, probably both. i remember more about the discussions about ortega’s mustache then tbqh :joy::joy:

14 Likes

(Crawls out of semi-hiatus)

OH WOW HERE COMES THE PAIN TRAIN

8 Likes

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS THREAD?!?!?! I AM ASHAMED OF MYSELF!!

Though for real the excitement is real I had been following this WIP since the first demo was posted and I just love this take on the Villian story. (and the chance to play a villain that is a villain for the greater good is a flipping yay for me! But yeah I was on steam checking out hosted games and saw the “coming soon” page and I lost my mind for a second. I nearly fainted like a southern bell.

And now the Herild thing?!?!? Guys you are killing me in all the best ways. Thank you. Okay I think I need to go lay down and gather myself for a sec.

10 Likes

Well I’m excited for this game, so much that in the future I’ll stay away from this thread bc I’m pretty sure reading the posts here would make the wait for this game to get released even harder.

9 Likes

I’m a hardcore Ortega fangirl/lover, but I do think Herald is adorable.

I’m hoping for that scenario where my MC is constantly and comically oblivious to how much he idolizes and adores her. Either because my MC is just bad with feelings or because she’s got so much on her plate that she can’t even bother to notice.

A scenario where the MC ends up mentoring Herald also sounds cute.

12 Likes

That sounds adorable. Now I’m just picturing following behind the MC/ hover flying behind them fretting if to ask them questions deep down, and just wanting to fanboy about their past missions so hard, but just trying to seem cool about it. XD

10 Likes

Shoot. Now I need to make another MC for this game just because I absolutely positively need to try every single thing I can which now means romancing Herald as well.

And I say ‘shoot’ but at the same time I mean ‘Yes!’ because honestly any new news is exciting news :smiley:

14 Likes

pffft hah

Oh, it felt real good punching Herald.

3 Likes

It’s great to see this thread active again!! I can’t wait to see what the author has is store for us… I’m practically vibrating with excitement.

4 Likes

I keep checking everyday on the hosted games wait list to see if it’s out of copy edit. Glad to see I’'m not the only one hyped. And the tumblr page really helps.

12 Likes

YAAAAAAS THAT IS GOING TO BE SO CUTE AND I AM ALL FOR THIS PLEASE PLEASE!!!
yo @malinryden take notes ;;;

jk i love u pls keep writing

Summary

tho honestly if Fallen Hero, Wayhaven Chronicles, and Zombie Exodus released in the same month, i. am. going. to. EXPLODE.

Idea Intensifies GIF

13 Likes

I want that yet at the same time I KNOW I’ll get nothing done and then I’ll have a bunch of unfinished homework. XD I got young minds to mold and projects to do.

Oh who am I kidding I’m sorta wishing that will happen since I’m impatient, and I miss poor sweet Ortega. (though Mortum intrigues me greatly (Like what’s going to happen whenn they figure out the MC and the Puppet are the same person?!?! LIke My MC in one play through had the poor thing convinced that their boss was a scary person. Also now looks like I’ll need like a sixth save now just for Herald XP )

9 Likes

I’m looking forward to further revel in the drama and emotional embroilment that malinryden is going to put the characters through. =^)

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to an interesting dynamic with Steel, especially if Malin makes him a romance option. Though honestly, I just want to be friends with the dude, mainly because I want to see Ortega get jealous about it (friend or romance wise).

Ortega: So you’ll hang out with him but not with me?! I thought you two hated each other?!

MC: I never really hated him. At most, I thought he was annoying sometimes I guess?

Steel: You guess?

MC: You we’re kind of an ass to me but not really worth the energy to hate.

7 Likes

I honestly think Ortega is such an adorable dude, but he really is wayyyyy too trusting of the MC. If maylin includes steel as a romance option I hope there is a scene where they both agree on Ortega being too trusting of people.

7 Likes

Thats part of why I love Ortega not only as a character but as a romance option. I feel that he is the embodiment of the saying “Love is blind”.

11 Likes

I’m curious about how their relationship(or start thereof) came about anyway. Did we like save Ortega from believing a man promising him candy if he went into the back of his van or something?:persevere:

I do recall there being mention of us saving Ortega before that we have yet seen. Ugh so many questions, why must copyedit tease me like this… :cry:

6 Likes

The upcoming Hosted Games’ Releases thread has been updated to say Fallen Hero is pending release!!! It’s impending!

Also wrt Ortega and his trusting nature, I honestly don’t think the MC would’ve even considered the possibilty of being friends with Ortega when they originally met if he wasn’t so aggressively friendly, charming, and trusting.

@IlliterateSandwich, I was under the impression the entire saving thing was shown in the flashbacks? Unless it happened twice, I’m pretty sure there was a mention of the MC and Ortega fighting a villain who nearly killed Ortega and the MC is the one who stopped the villain.

12 Likes

To be fair Ortega in the flashback reminded me of just like a giant friendly dog. Or at least that sorta how I think my main MC (the hero that became a villain cause doing it the good way wasn’t going to help anyone in her mind) saw him/her. LIke you know those giant dogs that come bounding over and they kinda scare you cause they are huge and strange. Then it practically just climbs it’s way in your lap and demands your affection? Okay, the analogy ran from me a bit but, yes he’s/she’s like that big friendly pup. I think it’s part of the charm. And yeah how else does someone work past a protective wall like the MC’s even before the events the game is set in?

(Kinda wish there is an option to have at one point that the MC is baffled and confused when Ortega started just being the big affectionate lug they are. LIke: “What’s happening?! Why?! Oh god it’s warm and I feel funny!!! HALP!”)

LOL why am I comparing these two to a Big, affectionate loveable pup and the MC a tiny cat who is easily spooked and baffled by this thing called trust and affection? XD

Ahhhhh! Let’s not get our hopes too high cause it’s tentative but they just updated it with a date of release! It might get delayed but hey still exciting news!

13 Likes

Yeah, it’s in a flashback I would assume but it’s never been shown only hinted at in a few sentences in the mc’s thoughts. I wanna see that scene, I wanna be at the beginning of their friendship between puppy Ortega and the somewhat prickly mc( at least mine is)

I also believe the mc mentions that they would never have been friends if not for how

I picture my MC reacting that way to the overly friendly Ortega.

3 Likes