Extreme Ball

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I may do a little more adding to the other games to be like that one you are talking about, I wanted to have it to where the “right choice,” doesn’t always have the expected outcome, since life is like that. With this being only my second demo I’ve felt comfortable with releasing to the world there’s a lot of stuff I have to dig through, especially coding I’ve never dealt with before. I may even just implement an “easy mode,” to show what stat(s) will actually be checked.

@kckolbe I forgot to mention there are times when the stat checks have different narrative for the games being played and are checking more than one stat, like if you are doing a run play it isn’t just checking speed, evasive maneuver, carry, or strength but a mixture of at least two stats.

3 Likes

This game is awesome please keep on keeping on.

2 Likes

@TheOfficer Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Glad this sports game is about a fictional sports league at least. Saves me from having to associate with a certain organisation’s borderline criminal “business practices” and habitual human rights violations.

In any case, since I see that you might plan to take this to the college level and it is set in an alternate America-esque setting I hope that this fictional sports leagues has the questions Kavanaugh raised in this recent US Supreme Court ruling fully worked out and that college athletes for the sport will at least start getting a fair wage, without venturing into the opposite extreme of being overpaid either.

Especially since, compared to many of their other team members, Mike, Ramirez and rival/later transfer Adam the mc seems to be from a lower middle class background, as opposed to the others coming from far wealthier Mike Ramirez or upper middle class backgrounds (Adam?, or he could be wealthy too as we don’t see his home life, even if we do date him).

Which segues into my other critique/hope of more personal and fleshed out interactions with the other characters, by which I mean that I was actually hoping for an adorable segment that would have actually shown some of my mc’s and Adam’s dates as opposed to it being currently just a different mechanic to raise mc’s sports stats.

Slammed’s, as it is the only good sports CoG that I know of, main selling point for me was actually the interactions with the other characters and how fleshed out they were. Though I may have learned a thing or two about wrestling from it too. :grin:

Anyway good luck with your game.

1 Like
Bug

high line 3600: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: 'm"))

1 Like

Thanks @Max_Jones I will check it out asap.

1 Like

Is Extreme Ball’s pro age gonna be 19?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The character interactions will be more hashed out and more in depth, most of the characters personalities are coming to me as I write and I want to do them all justice. Definitely a WIP with a lot of progress left to be done.

I plan on either the full game or splitting it up into multiple games covering all the way up to at least 15 years into the pro league, so it will be a pretty hefty storyline and I want each playable game to interact differently, so it isn’t a repetitive scenario each time. I have most of the pivotal stroylines for the high school years planned out, with including a birthday system late into my coding process I had to recode some aspects. So it will be cleaner and also more in depth in future updates. I will definitely keep in mind the college aspect you mentioned, it is a “new sport,” so it is evolving.

1 Like

Depending on what birth date you put in, you should graduate high school st 17 or 18 (if I coded everything right) birthdays were an after thought and had to throw coding in at different spots. Pretty much you can become available for the draft right after high school or junior year in college. I have to finish out figuring the “scoring system” to get drafted, as well as attempt to be a walk on.

So you will be able to technically go pro at 18, but your chances will be better to make it onto a more elite pro team of you go to college. There will be several factors I will have in place for going pro, ratings are one factor but your on field performance will also be another factor, so the more games. Just some coding I’ve already planned and will sort of already have implemented for going to college.

1 Like

Pro

I’m not a big sports fan both in real-life and in fictional stuff but after playing the demo a few times I did find myself having fun and I did really get into the game like I wanted my team to win and if they didn’t I was pissed. lol

Con

This is probably just a me thing but I’m 24 almost 25 so the options to drink and mess around with people does make me uncomfortable because the MC is so young.

Now with all that being said, I do have to say the game really reminds me of the books All For The Game and the anime Haikyuu!! like I swear it could be their damn lovechild.

1 Like

I’ll be 33 this month, I understand that issue, but unfortunately kids were already experimenting at that age at my school and I wanted to have a realistic feel to it and not shove it on people also. It won’t be a main focus, but the player will always have a choice in when and how they want to do things like that. Mostly it is to build the other characters’ personalities etc.

Never heard of either of those so I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing :rofl: although since you aren’t a sports fan I assume it’s a good thing. I’ve been under the weather the last week and needing to focus in another game I have a demo for and then I may hop back on Extreme Ball pretty heavy duty. On top of building up more social interactions for the freshman year I already have epic plots for each of the high school years planned out. Just have to have the time and energy to work on it.

6 Likes

@spoano no worries make sure to take care of yourself first and foremost we fans will still be here :smiley:

2 Likes

I wish there would be an option where we could fight Derek.

2 Likes

Sweeps the leg.

3 Likes

There will be more interactions :wink: the plan is for the long haul though.

Hey there.

Really keen to see how this improves as time goes on, As it was mentioned previously “Slammed” is the best IF game I’ve played and sports is criminally underrepresented on COG.

The only downside is that one of the RO’s has the same name as an ex of mine, Which does sting :joy: But I’m sure I can look past it for this game.

1 Like

Oof.

3 Likes

When getting with Makayla the paragraph after is still the same even if it is just us not the other two.

2 Likes

Ah yes the old hating a character because of them having the same name of an ex. Completely unintentionally.

1 Like

I plan on doing a sweep to clean up any inconsistencies/typos before the next update. I’m still in the process of updating my other demo, failed to get it finished before my event schedule started back up, so unfortunately no telling when I’ll be able to work on writing and editing heavy duty. I’m pretty booked up until December. A few of the events are a good drive away so it takes me a little bit to recuperate before I can focus on anything.

4 Likes