Expansions / Add-ons for Siege of Treboulain by Jed Herne

Hey everyone!

First of all, thank you so much for the amazing response to Siege of Treboulain! I’ve been blown away by all the great reviews, and by the sheer number of players who’ve gone through the game. After writing it for 2 years, this really means a lot!

A lot of players have asked if there will be a sequel. I’ve got no plans for this (currently), but I am considering writing some add-ons / expansions to add new dimensions to the game (similar to what Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale did). At this stage, I’m thinking of adding some cheats (allowing you to make the game easier or harder), along with potentially some new story content.

What kind of add-ons would you be interested in? What parts of the story do you wish the game explored in more detail? Let me know down below!

28 Likes

More history and lore! Yes, I know there’s tons of that in there already. No, I haven’t discovered it all yet. I still want more. In particular, I’d love to know more about the Cultivator and arborturgy.

I think some optional side quests could be fun. And there could be a few different ones, which could be triggered at different points in the game by different states and stats, so different playthroughs might feature totally different side quests.

It might be interesting to have flashbacks, like the ones with Markov, featuring the other major NPCs. My favorite thing about this game is the worldbuilding, but the characters are a close second. Expanded interactions with them, in particular exploring their relationship with the PC in a time of peace and safety, would be absolutely delightful and make the (already excellent) scenes of romance and friendship even more poignant.

10 Likes

I loved the entire thing, played through multiple times trying out a variety of things.

I would say the one thing I would have been interested in seeing is and ending where some form of romantic reconciliation with Markov is possible. It could have just been expectations of “this is where I thought it was going” but after like, halfway through I totally thought that there would be an option to politically marry Markov as a part of the “lets end the siege” negotiations.

12 Likes

This all sound like so much fun!

3 Likes

It would be great to see an expansion on the Azane Rebellion and the role of our character in it including a scene or two showing Markov’s interactions with the “voice”.

3 Likes

Being able to get back with Markov is definitely the first thing to mind, I don’t mind if it’s through some specific/hard requierements like; “being previous lovers , beating her army while staying in an overall in good shape and getting her to accept defeat through whatever it was that made them fall for us in the ifrst place”

6 Likes

What about artifacts and relics. Extend the lore and story of the Wyrm Beneath. Expand on how you manage the wall, kingdom, and military, with more options and upgrades. And also expand the lore of the Political Rival and the storyline. Basically, anything that has story, lore, and game mechanic potential can be expanded

2 Likes

I was never one of the people who wanted to romance Markov, but an obscurely specific route like this actually sounds pretty cool.

2 Likes

We definitely could use more scenes/interactions with side characters especially advisor and the thief kid.

1 Like