Evertree Inn by Thom Baylay

There’s some things you can do to get to know him better/and or avoid pissing him off.

~ Do not try to talk to him at all before you follow him up to the room. He does not like that, lol.
~ Investigate with him if that’s not the option you chose.
~ While you’re investigating with him, ask him personal questions rather than keeping it professional.

I’m not entirely sure what you did wrong per se, I’d have to be playing myself to think through it properly, but if you have a high enough relationship with him, he should automatically go with you into the woods.

2 Likes

Thank you again, yes he went to me with the woods, my wordings was off sorry, what I meant is he is not accompanying me now to Sordwin, in the end he went back to Lux, saying the “if you need allies…” thingy.

2 Likes

Good luck! If you have any more questions, I’d be happy to answer to the best of my abilities.

3 Likes

Last question, how do I make Gunter come with me? He still stayed at Lux and said “I’ll have an ally on him” after the ending :pensive:

3 Likes

@Adam_Guevara I messaged you about it! I’ve apparently been “responding to one user” too many times, lol.

2 Likes

Thank you for the hard work, long hours, and dedication you put into your books. Evertree Inn was my very first interactive story. I just finished Sordwin and feel that same sad/emptiness I feel after finishing something I loved. I’m happy to see that a 3rd one is on its way. I do hope you keep writing!
Thanks for helping me stay entertained while I shelter in place. :grin:

10 Likes

This is an amazing thing to tell an author.

7 Likes

It couldn’t have been a more true thing to say either. I tried Evertree initially to get past a game hangover I had. Now I’m hounded by even more mushy, curl in a ball and sob feelings, but in the best way possible.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! It means a huge amount to me that this series is helping to keep people entertained during lockdown. Hang in there, and I hope book 3 will be worth the wait when it arrives :slight_smile:

9 Likes

What did you read before?

2 Likes

Other Hosted Games, mainly Lost Heir which has similar vibes to the Evertree Saga. And that’s why I played it because I got it as a suggestion after playing LH. :smile:

3 Likes

I did that one as well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Well, I have finally purchased and played this game (got the second one too, but didn’t play yet), and I’ve enjoyed every second of it! Really, I don’t know what took me so long before getting these. Maybe because I tend to prefer longer games so the ones on the short side are not on my high priority list or something. But what matters is that I’ve reached it now, and I’m sooo glad I did!

I have three questions though! Two of which very spoilery!

• Is there a way to save Gilly? I guess not, but I’d rather ask just in case.

• Is it possible to save Isaria? This time I’m certain it is, but I don’t know how. Obviously, you’d have to make her take off her pendant, but other than that…

• About the ROs… Obviously, Lamuel and Dandy are. But is Ga’arl too? I’m curious because I’ve seen someone mention “the two love interests from the first game” somewhere (I believe on the Steam reviews for Sordwin), but he felt like a possible love interest too, so I’m confused…

Anyway, I had so much fun! Time to replay one time so I can finish my fights more efficiently, and then onto the second game!

3 Likes

Gilly and Isaria die no matter what you do.

Yes, Gunther is also a love interest.

Enjoy Sordwin! :blush:

4 Likes

Well damn! I think I got the best possible outcome then - at least for that part of the game. Sad, but good to know, thanks!

And thank you! I can’t wait to finish my “polished” playthrough of Evertree Inn and get into Sordwin!

4 Likes

My evil MC let them all die (Wen & mama Laisa, too) and then romanced L. Mwah ha ha
Then on Sordwin lost interest in L & romanced a new LI, O instead

She’s the worst :rofl:

3 Likes

She’s truly a monster :rofl:

3 Likes

He is. But he’s also the definition of the slow burn! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Understatement! Two whole lengthy games and nothing because someone, not naming any names, likes to be evil. :weary:

3 Likes

Haha well, I usually like slow burn romances, but I’ll admit I had a fair share of it in the games I’ve played recently, so it’s nice to have something that starts faster this time (romanced Lamuel).

3 Likes