Eucharist and Droid: Malkuth WIP (Demo)

A new version of ‘Eucharist and Droid’ has just been uploaded:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7aj047t4qbmds60/Eucharist%20and%20Droid.html?dl=0

I like this set-up. It’s fresh. Less of a cesspool now, and there’s more choices that bring about interesting responses. There’s also the thing I decided to do with the narrator.

I have to say I like this new version good job.

Thank you for noticing me and the improvement, Blood!

Development is progressing very nicely. Now that I have a better lay-out (i.e. relying on certain personality traits instead of all of them which is kind of annoying and will possibly guide you down the flaming road to Hell), I have five distinct branches thus far labelled story_mode (1)A through E.

First, you have the intro. You already know how it goes if you played it. Yatta, yatta, yatta, and then from what I’ve coded/written, the narration delves into the past of when you were activated for the first time. The personality type you picked in the beginning determines whether you can make one of two choices: to open your eyes or keep them close. I feel that it was a good idea to show you what happens when you make certain choices e.g. you pick ‘this’ choice and the game shows you something in parantheses up top. It’s for the sake of replayability, making things easier for the player to notice what happens when they do something.

Moving on, after that happens, you talk with your Creator Reivary who is fifteen years old at the time. (She didn’t really create you, so the term ‘Creator’ is kind of false. She’s more like your Master, the guy who buys the bot.) Your personality develops, get to be a dick to Reivary or treat her nice. She has her ‘Androids: The Do’s, The Dont’s, and the Seriously-Do-Not-Do-That’ guide with her. After you treat her like a jerk/or nice guy(gal) some more, you/or she unplugs you from your socket and Reivary tells you to tell her what race you are.

Race is important, as it sets up your combat abilities for you. Here are the five robotic races, as described to you by the guy who wrote the ‘Androids: The Do’s, The Dont’s, and the Seriously-Do-Not-Do-That’ guide (Ah, and excuse the spelling mistakes, if there are any.):

Psci:

"The Psci's personality: they tend to be charismatic, friendly, and smarter than the regular bot. However, most of them use these traits as a veneer for what they truly are, which is bat-shit insane. They're actually cruel, manipulative bastards that will [b]smite you while you sleep[/b] if you're not careful. 

"They have this thing called a [b]meltdown meter[/b], you see. When it's maxed out, they will temporary 'lose control' (they know damn well what they're doing) of themselves and kill you. Do not let this happen unless you're in the battlefield.

"The Psci's combat abilities: when they meltdown, these abilities will increase two-fold. Otherwise, they are above average in terms of magical intelligence, slightly below average in endurance, below average in strength, slightly below average in evasion, proficient in accuracy, proficient in dexterity, and are slightly above average in both agility and stealth. Knowing this, the Psci make for great Watchers, Maguses and Healers."

Pscilodus/Pscilodi

"The Pscilodus' personality: they tend to be staunch followers, although conversely can become adept leaders. Belligerent, they treat anyone who is not their colleague or Creator/Master like crap, so watch out for these mean bastards. However, for some reason, they may become nicer and their [b]combat ability will improve when around a Pscimon[/b]. Good tactic to make an overpowered machine even stronger. 

"Moving on, because the Pscilodus are above average in both endurance and strength, they receive a [b]twenty-five percent stamina boost[/b]. The Pscilodus' combat abilities: they are below average in terms of magical intelligence, proficient in evasion, proficient in accuracy, proficient in dexterity, proficient in agility, and are slightly below average in stealth. They make for great Bladesmasters, Forcemasters, and Cannonades.

Pscilohm/Pscilohms

"The Pscilohms' personality: they tend to be impossibly empathetic and pacific. Too bad they're being primarily made for war now. Also, it is worth nothing that they are one of the [b]better-looking[/b] androids out there. Guess it comes with being so ridiculously genial. At any rate, their handsomeness can be useful for an array of things, namely [b]manipulation[/b] if your Pscilohm won't be a goody-two-shoes about it. 

"[b]Note:[/b] Somehow, they are not bat-shit insane like the Psci. However, please do not come up to my fancy mansion and call me a liar if your Pscilohm disobeys you one day and nearly kills you. [b]I only write what Lord David's supervisor tells me to write.[/b]

"The Pscilohms' combat abilities: slightly above average in terms of magical intelligence, slightly below average in endurance and strength, above average in evasion and accuracy, slightly above average in dexterity, and below average in agility but above average in stealth. Knowing this, they make for good Healers and Maguses and for fantastic Watchers."

Pscimon/Pscimons

"The Pscimons' personality: overall, they tend to be quite well-rounded, but they are just as obedient, if not more, than their seniors the Pscilodus. Yes, the Pscimons and them are like siblings. When in the prescence of each other, [b]one or more of the Pscimon's combat abilities may increase according to the Pscilodi's own capabilties e.g. a strength heavy Pscilodi shall inadvertently influence the Pscimon's strength by twenty percent.[/b]

"The Pscimons' combat abilities: well-rounded in everything, but, as I kind of said, an ability or several may increase depending on how many Pscilodi are at their side. [b]Note:[/b] Has the potential to become good at whatever you want them to be."

Psciget/Pscigets

"The Pscigets' personality: now these droids are a bunch of lily-livered, bed-wetting, waste-buckets. If you're mad, feel free to unleash your wrath upon them, but [b]be warned[/b], the Pscigets have these things called the [b]'breakdown meter'[/b] and, like the Psci, the [b]'meltdown meter'[/b]. When the waste-bucket breaks down, they literally shut off and [b]stop working[/b] for a duration. This happens either after you've made them feel like utter shit about themselves or after their meltdown meter has cooled, and a meltdown, in this case, is when the waste-bucket turns into a nuke.

"At this stage, they will become belligerent, impetuous serial killers, so I [b]beseech[/b] you to only piss them off when they're in the battlefield, not while you're safe in the home with friends or family! [b]You will be charged with 'Psciget Abuse' and your insurance company will not help you with any damage done![/b] 

Reivary coughed into her elbow. "Uh, sorry. I could've skipped this part altogether, but I'm sure you understand why that wouldn't be such a good idea. Anyway, the Pscigets' combat abilities: proficient in intelligence, endurance, strength, slightly above average in evasion, accuracy, dexterity, and agility, and proficient in stealth. When they meltdown, every one of these abilites shall miracuously sky-rocket up to [b]one-hundred percent[/b] at the consequence of having zero stamina and one percent health and mana during breakdown. The Pscigets make for good Blademasters, Forcemasters, and for great Blasters."

I love the race’s especially the Psci and Psciget. Definitely going to try those ones first.

Y’know, the funny thing is is that while I was writing this, I hadn’t originally thought about implenting the whole meltdown meter/breakdown meter thing, let alone the ‘if pscilodus and a pscimon +20’/ ‘if pscilohm activate manipulation’ thingy. It all just… came to me. Like, these ideas sounded too cool to ignore. However, they also have the chance of making your android ridiculously overpowered. For that reason, I included the breakdown meter for the Psciget.

The Psci do not have a breakdown meter as they do not go all out like the Pscigets do. Also, while being in metldown mode, if you’re a Psciget, you literally lose control of your character. You may end up killing your own team-mates, it’s that serious. So I advise you to use your meltdown wisely, young one.

Now back to the Psci for a moment. When they’re in meltdown mode, they may seem unstoppable but theirs only lasts for less than a minute. It goes by very, very quickly. (Note: if anybody’s ever played a Tales of game then think ‘overlimit.’) I didn’t include that in ‘Androids: The Do’s, The Dont’s, and the Seriously-Do-Not-Do-That’ because I was in a rush. I also forgot to include the ‘perception’ ability. Luckily for me, it was a quick and easy fix.

Updates and Lord David Review:
-The guide ‘Androids: The Do’s, The Dont’s, and the Seriously-Do-Not-Do-That’ has been added into the Robotic Races section, but will be visible only after you’ve chosen a race.

-abilities for each race have been set

-meltdown meter added if you’re a Psci; meltdown/breakdown meter added if you’re a Psciget; 25% stamina boost added if a Pscilodi

-over a thousand romantic interests have been added; 8 in your original group Excess, 5 in Faustina’s group DoE (will eventually join with Excess), 7 in apostle group (viewable only if you choose to become a disciple), and 7 in apostate group (viewable only if you choose to become a disciple). Total: possibly 27 characters you can pursue, including David, the Lord of Pohliouri.

Character dump time:

Lord David is one of the characters who you want to keep an eye on. They’re a complete cyborg. That is, only sections of their brain remain untouched by cybernetics. They have mastered all 7 Fighting Classes and are capable of activating meltdown, so GL dueling them if you ever have to. They wear a crown over their white helmet, which has a deep blue screen through which they can see. Every inch of their body is covered in a fashionable white-black suit that only Gundam pilots should wear. However, the protection and weapon flexbility it offers is too good. To boot, it can regulate the temperature. This is a suit crafted by the gods.

Lord David will either be the final boss before the real final boss, the runner who abdicates the throne and rides off to another city in hiding, or the person you ride away with to said city, because one of three things will happen to Pohliouri depending on your choices. That means there are three endings for now.

Lord David’s real name isn’t David, and their gender is unknown by the public who think Lord David is a dude or a chick posing as a dude. Their real voice is unheard of because they speak through a shape-shifting AI called Persona-Bitt. That being said, if you choose to pursue/become Lord David’s bro, they will be agender. Still not sure as to whether I should go with referring them as ‘they’ or go with the pronouns ‘xe’ that everybody else uses.

found this error:

My thanks. (Blah,blah,blah I am being forced to add more characters to my post.)

Meltdown all the things

1 Like

[Insert Rin Kagamine’s ‘Meltdown’ song here]

I want to take a momentary break from coding to talk about the classes, of which there are seven, I think. Yep, seven. I thought about having each class branching into three sub classes, and then I thought about coding that, and then I was like “NOOOOO!!!” It was draft 1 all over again. So, yeah, just seven classes. I’m not that ambitious. At any rate, the classes are the only (ehh) fun part of this game for me. By fun I mean not having to worry about the serious aspects of the story.

Forcemaster: They have the power of the force with them. That is, with the help of the M-neuron, they can manipulate gravitons “Gravitons are tiny particles that carry the “force” of gravity” (Yes, thanks internet!). Forcemasters fight with their bodies and are annoying because some of them are like tumblers in that they jump around a lot via propulsion.

Forcemasters can heal themselves or replenish some of their mana by crushing and absorbing the M-neuron of their opponent. This is called stealing, and it brings about a lot of blood and gore sometimes but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Blademaster: Halberds, doubled-edged sabers, swords, ring blades, katanas, bladed tonfas—if it’s bladed, then they shall master it and split the soul-devouring aliens asunder. This class can be quite agile depending on your race. Because they have such diverse weaponry, no one blademaster is the same as the other, especially when fighting style is taken into account.

Blademasters can be brutal, swift, or elegent on the battlefield, although I don’t know who you’re trying to impress by being elegent while the Eucharists are trying to eat you. Anyway, Blademasters can heal themselves/gain mana via stealing.

Cannonade: Tanks/Masochists. Their weapons are one of three things: grenade launcher backpack (attatched to the back), cannons (attachable to the joints), and mounted-artillery. With the latter weapon, a salvo of gunfire can be unleashed from nearly any part of their body.

The Cannonade class will result in an immediate health reduction of 10-30% depending on what you choose as a weapon. Something’s gotta give when you’re having weapons implanted inside of you, after all. So, cannons (if attached) = 10%. Greande-launcher-backpack = 20%. Mounted-artillery = 30%. Cannonades can heal themselves via stealing, and can also cast assist skills on themselves at the cost of losing health.

Watcher: This class allows you to camp in the safezone as you send out drones to do all the dirty work. To set up the safezone, you evoke a force field and then summon your field drones ( called FDRs) to preserve the barrier. Afterwards, you send out the spy drones (SPDRs) to scope out the battlefield for you.

Then you send out the healing drones (HDRs), the blaster drones (BDRs), the assist drones (ADRs), the saboteur drones (SDRs)—these deplete mana, by the way. Anyway, so drones are everywhere as you recline in your force field and watch how things play out through your visor. The bots are controlled with your laptop, which is a hologram because this is Second Earth nobody uses solid laptops anymore.

Blaster: They’re the androids that go pew, pew, pew. They got sniper rifles, pistols, shotguns, etc. They can summon forth drones as well, but theirs are more limited in terms of amount. Blaster drones (BDRs), support drones (SPDRs), and healer drones (HDRs) are all they have. But if you equip a sniper rifle, then the blaster drones will be replaced with the spy drones.

Healer: Their main and only weapon is a shape-shifting AI called Phase-Bitt. It’s called Phase-Bitt 'cause it can switch bewteen two modes: offense and defense. With defense mode activated, your healing abilities will become more effective as your endurance sky-rockets. Phase-Bitt will also heal you and deflect weak projectiles while you’re in this mode.

Offensive mode will cause it to split in half. Half of its body will morph into a transparent barrier that’s capable of firing energy bullets on your command. The second half will change into nearly any bladed weapon you desire. You can still heal in this mode, but your better healing skills won’t be present. However, your assist skills will improve greatly.

Magus: Lastly is the maguses. Their main and only weapon is a shape-shifting AI called… Element-Bitt. I don’t like how element sounds here, but it’ll suffice—for now. (I can’t do away with -Bitt; it identifies AI that can shift through so-and-so thing.) Element-Bitt can phase through fire, water, earth, lightning, metal, and air. Ask it to combine certain elements together and crazy stuff will happen.

Maguses can also put others under the influence of one of the elements. This is known as making a wall e.g. fire wall, which will increase strength, ice wall will freeze your health and mana for a duration, lightning affects agility/evasion, air affects perception/stealth, water affects dexterity/accuracy, and earth affects endurance. Walls are basically assist skills. Maguses can heal themselves/gain mana via stealing.

Updated link here (and in the original post, of course):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7aj047t4qbmds60/Eucharist%20and%20Droid.html?dl=0

Chapter for the ‘run away’ branch is nearly complete, but the others haven’t been coded yet. I also fixed the combat section now that I know what I’m doing with the classes.

Hi ThisisSymbolic,
I must say your story sounds very interesting eventhough I don’t quite get everything yet. What I’ve seen from the demo so far is promising and it helps that a lot is explained in-game so I don’t have to memorise it all. I find the concept of mixing religion with robors to be rather interesting and just so you know I’m absolutely not offended by the way you potrayal religion. You actually take the time to consider other people’s feelings and I find that to be commendable.

Also, I found an error when picking the ‘I’ll do anything for Reivary’ option as a Pscilohm:
chapterone line 1088: bad label story_mode_1d

edit: so I checked the other options but I keep getting the same error only the 1d becomes 1c, 1b etc.

Thanks for noticing me, Claymore. (Have you seen the anime by any chance?)

I’m so happy that everything is to your liking this far. And about those errors, they don’t work because they’re the incompleted branches I talked about. For now, you can only run away.

But if that didn’t work either then I might of deleted its label by accident. In which case, I’m an idiot.

EDIT: Played it and the run away option works, but then I saw a typo and had a conniption.

Ah I see, sorry my fault. That explains a lot. I’ll read the notes first before I start playing.
I did see the anime and I read the manga, the name is indeed a reference to the series and it makes me happy that you noticed.

It’s coo’.

Did you now? Too bad I take a dilettante approach to anime. That is, I know a lot of anime(s?), but I haven’t read/watched about 75% of them. Too busy working on my own stuff, y’know?

Bit by bit, I’ll be posting about the organizations you may join, their beliefs, their core members, and their enemies. You’re only be able to join three out of five of them in this game. In the second game-book, if there is one, Ultimatum might become available. Also, I’ll just putting these notes up here in advance.

*Lancyn is not Lucifer.

*Chamuel is not Chamuel as in the archangel, although the meaning behind his name holds true.

*Thaumatargy is “the capability of a magician or a saint to work magic or miracles.” [Wikipedia’d]

*A spirit, in this story, is a ghost, and a ghost is what keeps a person’s compacted-data (soul) attracted to them. Without said ghost, then the soul could easily slip free.

*Eucharists are big, round pink aliens of Christos’ that drain and carry people’s souls within their bodies. When they leave Second Earth and return to Eden, Christos reverts them back to food (bread and wine), and consecrates them for Mary to eat since the food in its natural state is poisonous. As she eats, she’s storing the souls the Eucharist had carried into her body; yes, she is very aware of this.

*Mary and Christos look like adolescents in this story while Alma Mater in her human form appears to be a young adult that pretty much mothers them, hence the name Alma Mater.

*Christos Seventy Two’s other name, given to him by his ex-bro Chamuel, is Gil Ad. Gil is his nickname because Gil Ad sounds weird sometimes.

The Apostasy: The apostates renounced their poltical beliefs in favor of anarchy (the second definiton…) and also renounced their faith in Code Singularity to maintain EGAOTU’s Code Reincarnate. The leader of the apostasy is Chamuel, who accepted the power of thaumaturgy from Adam and Eve over two thousand years ago. They also bestowed this skill on his pals, Helena, Lancyn, Rtugot, Lute, Pryallis and Vertis. With this power, they can either devour people’s souls to become stronger or set them out of their bodies so that they become spirits, in which case Christos’ Eucharists can’t touch them anymore.

The apostasy’s goals: To save as many souls from Christos as possible with the support of their fellow apostates, to consume all the Lords’ souls to both empower themselves and to set their citizens ‘free’, and to crush the leaders of the Singularity, Excess: DoE, and Ultimatum before shaping Second Earth to suit their beliefs.

The apostasy opposes the Singularity, Excess: DoE, and Ultimatum. Should the PC choose to become an apostate, they will learn thaumaturgy from Chamuel, but this is only after you manage to pass their test and are checked to not be a spy from some other organization.

I’m considering setting two stats called ‘Souls Reaped’ and ‘Spirits Liberated’. Reaping them won’t make you stronger though 'cause you’re a robot and all. You have no soul to be empowered. Instead, you can reap souls for some mean jerk like Lancyn and in turn gain their favor. There will be consequences for this, of course. Liberating a lot of souls will give you either a lot of ghost friends or enemies depending on how you treat them.

Reivary why are you so mean to me? ;-;

No clue. Maybe she’s just tsundere, or something.

The Singularity: Followers of the Singularity are referred to as saints, not disciples now that I’ve figured out what to call them. Saints believe in peace and joy through cohesion of the mind and body. (There’s a twist that goes on with this belief later on.)

The leader of the organization is Christos Seventy-Two, who goes by Gil Ad when in Second Earth. During baptism, he sends out a part of his spirit to the saints, thereby granting them protection from curses, monsters and thaumaturgy. Androids, too, can be given a sliver of his spirit, and therefore can be given a piece of Christos’ soul. This is what allows you to transcend, compared to the souless robots who cannot. You’ll have a meter labelled ‘Spirit’ that’s set to one-hundred percent by default.

There is a clergy, with the Apostles and Lords being in the highest position. You can become an Apostle, the Lords’ advisor/agent essentially, or you can potentially become a Lord as well, meaning you can found a city and convert more people to the Singularity. As a saint, your main goals will involve crushing Excess: DoE, the Apostasy, and Ultimatum; converting people; and protecting Lord David and the City of Pohliouri.

Being a saint means abstaining from the food regular people eat. (Needless to say, that doesn’t concern you personally.) It also means refraining yourself from as much physical contact as possible, or else your spirit meter will decrease. Despite the spirit’s power, it is sensetive and as a result it can’t endure constant intrusions, lest its data gets all jumbled.

Things will get awkward when your meter hits zero, and it’s not like you’ll be baptized again because not only does that defeat the purpose of baptism (which is a declaration of commitment, faith and obedience), but many consider it wrong to go through the process twice and it also means baptizing those who’ve lost conenction with the spirit as well. So, yeah, just stay (-cough-mostly-cough-) chaste.