Electio Vindices-WIP

Man, those typos are embarassing. I’ll be sure to…you know…fix those.

On a better note, thanks for the feedback everybody! Much appreciated!

@trollhunterthethird
Jenkin’s gender confusion is a direct result of my OCD mating with the letter “f” to produce a subroutine error. I’ll fix that posthence. As for romancing him, I’m honestly still kicking around that idea, since the idea for him started as an easter egg homage to WoW.

@Slyde
The initial scene where you remember your training is in fact directly inspired by the Total Recall re-make.

@FairGodfeather
I take the idea of not dying in combat from a few threads that I browsed. Failure does happen in different ways, however. YOU might make it. But those innocent people might not. Your teammates might not. That peaceful alien civilization might not.

And of course, at the very end of the game where the whole fate of the world thing hits a climax, there will be the possibility of your own death.

You actually bring up an interesting point regarding the non-fighting way out, and the last name thing. I think I can address both of those.

That’s a great way to look at things. Having consequences that don’t mean game-over are great. It’s very much a movie way to look at things too. If a movie hero messes up, chances are they won’t die, however it will generally have other consequences for them. Then they can angst over it and try and avoid screwing up in the future.

This is amazziinnngggg!!! I love it can’t wait for more. And I know people are talking about romance, would it be possible to romance the Cyborg? He seems like the “devil may care type.” I am also super addicted to mass effect, I ve played all the games over 12 times. Anyways I was thinking, could you have a weapon trailered to you? Like a type of gun or a Bowie knife? That would be sweet.

Yea a custom weapon would be pretty boss, maybe making several different options or making it where the player can customized his/her weapons and equipment.

This sounds really awesome.

Just played the demo again, just cuz. But anyways agent 1133 reminds me of Adam Jenkins from Deux. You know the new one they just came out with for Xbox 360 and ps3?

Wow demo is awesome. Can’t wait for more!

Nice

@GrimReaper21
@Cloudian

I’ve kicked around the idea of a custom weapon, and I’ve implemented a weapon choice in the next chapter, but honestly the amount of coding it’s taking just with three weapon choices is a bit much for me to handle, especially since I’m already going to be handling all the code for the squad select.

So more likely, the player’s weapon will be a sort of “this is what circumstance has handed you, use it” type thing. Meaning there will be mission where you’ll have an assualt rifle, and others where you have a sniper, etc.

Or I could just slap the pistol/knife/martial arts combo and keep that for the duration of the game.

Custom weapons, as nice as it would be, I just don’t see happen unless I ditch the squad select, which I feel is more important.

@GrimReaper21

Now that’s all I’m gonna be thinking about when I play the demo. But I agree he could be a Deus Ex Adam Jenkins. And now I want to play Deus Ex but 360 broken… sadness

@Scrivener i feel your pain :’(

Looks like fun.