Editing, modding...cheating?

I’m having an issue with modding on steam. I have an edited game which worked perfectly fine last I checked, maybe two months ago, but now I’m consistently getting a Javascript error each time I try to start up the game. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

The error message

2020-09-05 09_08_51-Error

Edit: I don’t know how or why this fixed it, but I unzipped the newest app.asar and just copy-pasted the text of my modded chapters into the relevant .txt files. Now it’s working just fine again

Anybody got something on the Omnibus android app? It is a pain, can’t figure out anything at all.

3 Likes

I need help with sabers of infinity
I tryed to modify with apk editor the skillcheck from chapter 9 from 60 sol to 70 and saved but when I check in later it changed back…

You wanted to increase your skill or you wanted increase the difficulty by increasing the check. I don’t understand your question dear.

Ah nvm
I managed to solve it
Im sorry for disturbing you

1 Like

Cheers.

1 Like

So how exactly do I find scenes and the startup files for some reason I cant seam to locate it :sweat_smile:

‘game url’/scenes/startup.txt

Where is the game url this is my first time Im kinda lost sorry

At the top of your screen. If you do it right you should have something like this.

https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/sabres-of-infinity/scenes/startup.txt

The part before scenes/startup.txt will change depending on the game, but that part will remain the same.

2 Likes

I know this is from over three years ago, but thanks! This worked like a charm.

Does anyone know how to correctly modify choice of vampire without it restarting itself?

4 Likes

I’ve tried to edit the Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power saves on Steam, but the game won’t even launch and if it does it I’m hit with “Unexpected token P in JSON Position 0”

Does anyone know how to fix this, I’ve been trying to fix this for hours

2 Likes

Check out Chapter 2 of my Steam Guide, it should solve your problem.

7 Likes

I’m trying the same thing and i have this problem too

Me three! Such a cruel, cruel author, not letting us create beautiful works of art while also climbing the ladders of society and taking down errant vampires whom we don’t like.

3 Likes

I think it have to be related to how it jumps between books or something, maybe it detects that some character shouldn’t have a specific stat for example and make it invalid?

Hello everyone. hope I’m not reviving the topic or anything. But if I bought the games on the choiceofgames website. Is there a way to edit the stats and stuff? or do I have to get the games on other platforms? and thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not an expert but I think it’s only possible on Steam and Android.

oh man. so I have to buy all of the games I bought again? :frowning: