Dragonsblood (WIP)

I’d like to customize what type of dragon partners with us, like type and color. I should probably ask what type of dragons we will be dealing with, I’m assuming wyrms

Wyrm

Now the partner I would want I would never get lol

Too op

Tiamat

3 Likes

These are more European-type dragons with 4 legs and bat-type wings that breathe fire, although they have a leather-type hide rather than scales. Young dragons hatch from eggs but they are looked after by mama dragons for several years before they are considered old enough to decide if they want to partner with a human. Those that don’t like to hang around people are called feral, although they aren’t really wild animals, since they are way smarter than humans.

9 Likes

better image

6 Likes

:slight_smile: I know the critter on the game cover is technically a wyvern…but I couldn’t find such a nice medieval illumination of a dragon that would fit dashingdon’s size and leave room for text. I’ll have to keep looking.

6 Likes

Love the idea! Gimme that political balance of dragons and the march of technology heralded by humanity.

Hmm customization ideas?

Well the basics are pretty normal like hair colour and gender but maybe add a few kind of hair styles like maybe instead of cutting our hair short we simply braided it so it won’t get in the way.

Maybe have the option of someone from our family being a dragon rider like maybe your mother or father was a dragon rider. Just some ideas

3 Likes

That’d be a good idea.

@LadyCass isn’t it possible to customize what kind of creature we’d ride? I think itd be awesome to ride a wyrm through underground tunnels and then come out of the ground to waste some enemies

3 Likes

Oh! Dragonriders! So exciting! I have been a big fan of dragonriders since i read the Eragorn books. This is certainly an interesting twist on it, with the rise of steampunk. Honestly kinda reminds me a bit of Legend of Korra, with ancient magical institutions adapting to an industrializing world. Also, I liked the reactions of the common people not being interested at all in the dragon, since they are fairly common. Apologies if this has been asked before, but what is the purpose of the Dragonriders in this universe? Are they like peacekeepers?

5 Likes

Very interesting premise I like it.

What got you to make Dragonsblood

Loving it! Can’t wait for the next chapter!!

I’ll try to answer a few of the questions above…

@Takashi_Shin: I read Dragonriders of Pern eons ago, and some other dragonfic over the years since then. But there were always things about the stories/worlds that I wanted to change. Basically I wanted a world without magic and without wizards/elves/etc…so not a Tolkien-type high fantasy. I wanted the dragonriders to be more of a military-type presence/group…kinda like fighter pilots. And I wanted being a dragonrider to be something of a sacrifice, not easy. And I didn’t want to impress baby dragons out of the egg. So, out of all the things I didn’t want…I tried to to build a world with all the elements that I DID want.

@Jackpot1776: Sorry, you only get dragons in this one. :slight_smile: But that’s a cool idea.

@Jeeshadow1: The dragons here are an ancient, super intelligent race, but they can only communicate telepathically with humans if they have made a blood-bond with them. They can’t speak. So they need the dragonriders to pass on the knowledge. However as times changed people aren’t that interested in what the dragons have to teach…so the dragonriders are trying to figure out their purpose. Are they going to be peacekeepers? An army? Some utopian ideal? That remains to be seen…and your choices will help decide that.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and encouragement! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Dragon Rider Republic City

Looks good so far. Hopefully some of the people clearly older than us end up being ROs since age gap romance is pretty rare and this game has a good cast of candidates. I also hope we can opt for ponytail/braid or at least chin-length hair instead of cutting it short.

3 Likes

I know this is kind of a strange question but how large are the dragons in this story I imagine they can’t be very large sense the people made a comment about them only bring able to hold two people.

@Nomad33810…Size-wise, say about twice the size of a very large horse in the body, with large enough wings to carry the weight. So if the dragon kneels down, an average size human can scramble on board with a bit of help.

Pretty small compared to most fantasy-type dragons, I guess.

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick response.

I like the idea for the game, but I would appreciate just a little bit more time dedicated to our lives prior to being “recruited” to the dragon riders. A couple pages describing how society works at large, and how our life was in our selected background. This might even be the best place to insert those questions on our opinions on the various factions in the realm after giving a bit of detail on what role they would play in our life.

9 Likes

How is Dragonsblood doing for you