Dragon Racer (Discussion)

@Royrin For the ā€œfreed from the bondsā€ you have to play as your dragon when given the option and then tell Hurim to leave Saren. For the ā€œTrue Rivalā€ Iā€™m pretty sure you need to either have a low relationship with Saren or that might be where, when he tells you whatā€™s wrong with him, you tell him to stay out of your way. I got it one playthrough but I was being a dick to him so I donā€™t know where.

The other two is literally just winning everything. Easiest competition to me anyway is the racing one and dressage.

@alessin @Lord_Gong Toxic is putting up guides over on her tumblr for the competitions. She just put up the maze one last I checked.

4 Likes

can anyone tell me what happens to vanora?, i know that duncan is killed off in the attack but it doesnt mention what happens to vanpora

I am terribly disappointed with this game I was so hyped for. First a disastrous game breaking bugs that makes role playing impossible. You choose A never mind ā€¦ Game actually decided you have choosen absolutely all the contrary. Flavour text with absolutely no sense. Romance options that change of behaviour each five seconds. TRYING TO FLIRTING WITH A CHARACTER ALL ENTIRE GAMEā€¦ last moment say no into womenā€¦ the only romance choice I really wanted Saren hs no absolutely content and game ASSUMES i hate him even if notā€¦

The last race has no sense as i gained all except maze when i came close secondā€¦ I ended team as third.

I say i hate Allison and I am 90 evil however game tries imply i am devastated ā€¦ So damn dissatisfied. It is a damn pity due Quality writing is there. Magnetic races are there and great dynamics without our dragon. But game is broken

9 Likes

The author will probably release some patch for some of the coding errorā€¦ maybe?

2 Likes

Too late to me to care. 4 ATTempts to ended the game and due game inconsistencies I restarted. I finally just let game go ro see the ending even if hasnā€™t sense to my character. I felt like Inside a Fallout 76 broken mess. Sincerely If you have a game so broken WAIT AND POLISH

6 Likes

Ahemā€¦ donā€™t compare anything with the fallout 76. That was a disaster.
Spoiler was angry with me because I didnā€™t let spoiler fly my dragon. I donā€™t care if you become my enemyā€¦ I will not let anyone fly my dragon.

4 Likes

All OC dragons are males. It is explained later on that female dragons are rare.

3 Likes

That was pretty special, definitely one of my favourite games on here ever :smiley:

2 Likes

And I am sorry if I was a bit harsh or rude, I really respect your content and your choices because itā€™s the expression of your art. I was just really disappointed by the impossibility to have a romance with C, because he was the only male option that made sense for my character. And I know that allowing npc to have their own preferences gives a game a boost of reality, but sometimes we play these games to dream a different world, a different reality. Again I donā€™t want to impose my personal point of view, but knowing my character canā€™t have a relationship made me quite sad and I find it hard to go on playing because right now I am stucked with ā€œtake N or S handā€ and I have not a good relationship with eitherā€¦

2 Likes

@ToxicDreams so this may have already been asked but I kinda joined the discussion late and was wondering if allison is just straight up dead with no chance of return. If so my follow up question would be why is she there as a character. To elaborate whats her purpose if sheā€™s just dead? Other than the obvious cliche of the love lost that is.

Is this game going to be part of a series? It feels like it was setup for that possibility but without an option to save your game state at the end i am unsure.

1 Like

According to the author, it is part of a trilogy. I do agree if the author have time to setup the email save in the end especially if you already have a canon playthrough but they could set it up any time though.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get a color for their magic yet? Itā€™s surprisingly difficult.

1 Like

I managed to get gold with decent discipline stat and low deceit. To be precise, the code says ((Discipline >= 20) and (Deceit < 50)). Your magic stat has to be 50 or more, though

1 Like

I see, I guess my Magic stat is the problem then. Thanks!

Thereā€™s another male LI (not Saren) being introduced in book two if that makes it any better, at all.

@Crax I got gold and blue one time.

This most probably was discussed before; however, I am struggling to find any info on it. How does one perform oneā€™s best in the relay race?

Also I was wondering whether the ā€˜solo statā€™ issue has been solved yet? When I choose to admire the others, when standing on the cliff, it shots my ā€˜solo statā€™ up like crazyā€¦

I am loving the book @ToxicDreams, itā€™s awesome!

Can anyone tell me on how to get the different colours of magic and what they are please, ive just gotten the gold colour but didnt know how i did that

Question, does the stuff in the shop, other then the presents, have an actual use?
Like do the gloves, for example, actually help with the grip in the races and stuff?

@nulCat They do, if youā€™re about to fall off or anything then theyā€™ll save you. And in the second book some of the stuff like the equipment and clothing will come into play.

@wolf666 Itā€™s all based on certain personality stats. To get the others you just have to change up your personality. In a way, envision the personality of the different dragons and go that way.

@DanteJaeger I havenā€™t been able to fix anything yet due to lack of released files.

@air1sam She is, though depending on your relationship with her it wonā€™t be the last time she appears. And her status as a character hinged on a lot of stuff, personal and story related. I donā€™t want to get into it on here but if you want to know then just message me.

@Simon_Tremelay You werenā€™t rude at all, I understand where youā€™re coming from and I even had a similar conversation on Tumblr about this.

@resuri08 Iā€™ve been told that I canā€™t do this, itā€™s something Hosted Games does. If anyone knows a way for me to implement a save feature then please tell me and when I get the files Iā€™ll add it in.

8 Likes