Dragon Racer (Discussion)

I would have to check but seeing the context, it probably is an *if choice so it’s not a bug.

@ToxicDreams
By any chance have you read the dragoon saga by Paul Wang? If you have then you will notice that there are four places of origin the MC can come from. Each of those origins have a certain bonus very much similar to the colour of dragons in you story. There, people from ‘Salt Coast’ are given a very useless boost and nothing considerable so it automatically becomes a no brainer to not choose salt coast. This results in killing a choice. Similar is the case with the Blue Dragon… It’s a no brainer that the blue dragon will give a decisive disadvantage without its killer instinct… Maybe some compensation should balance that thing and make us think twice before rejecting the blue dragon… Thoughts??

1 Like

Could you elaborate what makes the blue dragon so bad in your eyes? His bubbly and friendly personality?

I’d say he’s ideal for good natured, optimistic MCs, making it easy to get a high bond with him. Let me tell you that good natured MCs do not have an easy time getting a high bond with the grumpy black dragon for example.

A look at the starting stats:

Depending on how you look at it, the black dragon has the fewest (= worst?) starting bonuses. He gets a massive Evil plus, +5 to Speed and Flight, -5 Swimming.

The blue dragon on the other hand does have -5 Flight, but +5 Speed, and is with +10 Swimming the best starting swimmer of the dragons. He also offers +5 Discipline for MC.

The black dragon is indeed most willing to ram other racers and use deceitful tactics, but you just have to go in with a different mindset and play to the blue dragon’s strengths. Choosing the blue dragon does not give you a disadvantage in the competition, in my eyes.

There is no race in this game where having a blue dragon partner makes it impossible to win.

9 Likes

He would cause a deep wound in the honour of the MC. He willing loses to shader’s evil, black dragon.
also in the beginning, the mc feels like a blithering dumbo in front of Saren’s taunts and remarks.
And in that relay race, I reckon, we cannot emerge first with the blue dragon no matter what unless we take Cassius’s 4th position which will result in us not getting the flag first. Since Cassius’s dragons strength is in water and we have taken that.

With that, I agree that it’s up to the individual. Not everyone would want a confrontational dragon or a dragon that just doesn’t care. Blue’s temperament will go well with those who are down to earth, friendly, and pacifist. But that’s not accounting for it you do turn blue evil and use that and his lightning breath. I personally think each dragon has his own cons and pros.

I’m curious then as to what you think the best dragon to choose is?

6 Likes

You actually can win the Relay Race no matter of your dragon’s colour!

You can check out the guides I made for Dragon Racer over at ToxicDreams’ tumblr blog. Here’s the link to all the team races, search for “The Relay Race” there to get to the right section.

Though I get that some would prefer drastic advantages and disadvantages depending on the dragon’s personality, so far the result of the races depends solely on the stats of the dragon and MC, not so much the personality. This allows you to choose the dragon personality you like the best, either to contrast your MC’s personality (I had a quite good-natured MC and the black dragon. I would have a far better bond with him if he were blue or maybe white) or to be a harmonious duo with a naturally high bond.

Also, is that the map of Abauruth you have as your profile pic?? Cool!

1 Like

@ToxicDreams I think the gold and red dragons suit me the best

2 Likes

New here, anyone know the hidden achievements and how to get them?

Here you go:

Hidden Achievements
Achievement: Just Me and My Studies

Achieved in Chapter “Crush”.

When presented with the choice to spend time with one of your friends when you have free time, choose to study instead.

Achievement: Clue to your Past

Achieved in Chapter “Lunch Special”.

When Nyx asks to see your necklace, show it to her and ask her nicely what she knows about it. Requires a relationship with Nyx of at least 50.

Achievement: Deep Sea Discovery

Achieved in Chapter “Team Cup”.

When choosing who to spend time with in Snakecairin, go with Nyx and Saren. When your group notices something strange, decide to take a closer look at it.

Achievement: Best Friends

Achieved in Chapter “Team Cup: Relay Race”.

Multiple conditions.
Your dragon partner needs to get blinded in the Relay Race.
Choose to stay with him when you get the option.
You need to have a relationship of at least 60 with Nyx, Cassius, and Shader to get this achievement.

To get your dragon injured in the race, do this:
Be the fourth leg. For this, you either need a relationship of LESS than 50 with Saren to be able to choose your position in the race. If your relationship with Saren is at least 50 or higher, then your dragon’s stats all need to be lower than 50. If every of his stats is lower than 50, you’ll be the fourth leg. Then choose to Fly and any further choice will lead to your dragon getting blinded.

Achievement: Rid of the Annoyance

Achieved in Chapter “Burning Grounds”.

When opted to choose whether Saren joins your group or not, tell him to leave.

Achievement: Into the Eyes of Death

Achieved in Chapter “Eye of the Beholder”.

Play the chapter from your character’s perspective, not from the dragon perspective.
When you learn what a wyvern is, choose to look closer at it.

Achievement: Break the Spell

Achieved in Chapter “Eye of the Beholder.”

Play the chapter from your dragon’s perspective.
When confronted with a strange two legged dragon-like creature, you’ll get the option to ask for help or continue to fight it. Choose to fight it, and if your bond with your dragon is at least 90 or higher, you’ll get this achievement.

Achievement: Exile

Achieved in Chapter “I See Fire”.

Ultimately decide to send Nyx away.

Achievement: Stronger Together

Achieved in Chapter “I See Fire”.

Allow Nyx to stay despite all that happened.

4 Likes

Thanks, but how do you get the best friends one?
Nevermind, I’m stupid and didn’t just click it sorry.

I really love this game and it’s story. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is the best game I have ever played but not only does it have dragons its also a book. I’ve played it at least over a hundred times, it’s one of the best in by opinion, I’m a major dragon lover and this is something other dragon lovers should totally read, LOVE IT. Also I’ve had all 5 dragon colors and have come up with custom names that I see to go well with that color:
Gleader for gold
Hexen for black
Thorn for red
Snowren for white and
Prince for blue
I’m curious to know if anyone else has done a custom name so please share if you did.

1 Like

Those are some nice names!

I’ve actually only had a black dragon and named him Umbra.

Umbra sounds like a good name especially since he’s a black dragon.

But if you try the other colors you can fall in love with their personalities, like I have 'cuz I love every one of them. Even if two so happen to be “evil”. Throughout the story I don’t even try to change them since, well, that’s them and how they act as that dragon color.

1 Like

I have a very serious question based on a dream I had the other night. How would the MC’s dragon react to them dying? Along with the other characters? One trait of the red dragon is protective, so would he try to keep everyone else away? Would black even know how to react? What about the other color’s? And characters when their romanced and/or not?

3 Likes

What would happen when either the MC or their dragon dies and what effect it would have on the other will come up in a discussion on at least one path in the sequel, Dragon Warrior. So spoilers, probably!

For how the rest of the group reacts, you should check out this ask on the author’s tumblr:

2 Likes

I just wanna know about the dragons, my only real concern about knowing any thing would be about the dragons. They’re the main characters I’m sure I want to know everything about.

1 Like

Blue would probably stay by MC’s side as their dying, soothing them and promising not to go anywhere.

White would try and find someone that can help, even if he knows his rider is past being able to help. He’s mainly doing it to keep busy and to keep himself from focusing on the truth of the matter.

Gold would pick MC up and fly away. He’ll try to do everything he can to make sure MC’s last moments are blissful and what they want.

Black would keep everyone away, including himself. He’s also trying to stop from crying but failing horribly.

Red is standing guard over MC, if anyone comes too close then he loses control until they back away, and then he goes back to caring for MC.

17 Likes

So, similar to what Drogon did at the end of Game of Thrones.

(Put it in spoiler due to how many people feel about the show)

2 Likes

Now all I can think about is the blue dragon singing I see you by MISSIO while the MC is dying.

3 Likes