Dragon Racer (Discussion)

You can only ask him to go with you if youā€™re male, it raises his friendship and gives you a romance point

I have noticed that there are times when equipment in inventory was needed but they were used only in race and to give giftā€¦
I stole a dagger from a noble but when the time came it says I donā€™t have a weapon so I have to fight unarmed against the attacker in the forest

is it safe to assume that we are going to meet with nyxā€™s brother in the sequel?

My romance life is overā€¦ unless we get to meet another female in the sequelā€¦

By the end of the game I have come to hate nyx more than I hated sarenā€¦

2 Likes

tl;dr(putting this at the top cause its so long): Amazing story, was exactly what i was looking for! I love dragons and am a sucker for high fantasy. Couldnā€™t put it down. Canā€™t wait for the sequel!

Holy crap, that was amazing!
This is exactly what I was looking for and I didnā€™t even know it. Iā€™m a sucker for fantasy and basically anything involving dragons, especially with them as a companion!
Iā€™d been looking for a good read, so when I saw that I could enjoy some amazing writing aswell as be a part of the story, i didnā€™t even hesitate to buy it.
And i find no regret in that decision whatsoever. I found my self staying up late and waking up early before work to read more. I love the characters and the bonds that you create with them, as well as the atmosphere and the world as a whole.
As far as length of the story goes, I think its fucking awesome its as long as it is. Then again, im the type of person who looks at a 18-book-long series, each title having around, or over 1000 pages, and takes it on with unmatched enthusiasm, so maybe thats just me.
In fact, i created a profile on this, and subscribed just to discuss this specific story with people, as well as get updates on the next one.

Getting into details of the story, I actually had a few questions(pretty spoiler heavy so im going to just blur it out):

My first thing is, I romanced Allison(Iā€™m a sucker for freckles and Green eyes, as well as intelligent and shy romantics), and I was wondering if she always dies at the attack on the Territory, or if it was just my stupid decision to not attack the wyvern on when first confronting it.
I was also wondering if sending your parents money had any effect, as they donā€™t mention it in their letters back, and when we finally come back to our house, your fatherā€™s nor the farmā€™s condition seams to have improved at all, even though I sent literally all the money I had on me every chance i got, to them.

Anyways, sorry for the light novel i typed up there, Iā€™ll tl;dr at the top.

1 Like

Quick questions, Iā€™m holding off on playing more till the 100% solo bug is fixed but:
Can Nyx only be jealous if you like Cassius
Cassius jealous when you like Nyx / Allison jealous when you like Shader?

Because I understand that in a coding sense, but in the sense that both Cassius and Allison are gender locked that you can only see jealous Nyx in a girl playthrough, even though sheā€™s not gender locked herself.

Edit: I donā€™t know if it was mentioned or not, but it doesnā€™t let me choose my eyecolour at all it just skips straight to skin.

1 Like

If i remember correctly she dies either way, sheā€™s just doomed to die

It did let me choose my eye colour thoughā€¦

And I donā€™t actually remember the jealous routeā€¦ the only time they are jealous is when you first met Alex

I went Female > Custom name and it didnā€™t let me, it skipped straight to skin. It might be different for male or set names, at least.

When youā€™re asking for advice on wooing your chosen love interest, if you talk to a specific person and their romance points are above 5, they are set as *nyxjealous / *cassiusjealous / *allisonjealous, but, again itā€™s easily missable because itā€™s only if you have enough romance points and are on the right path.

I might reinstall and look through the code again to see if I can find out why the eye scene wouldnā€™t trigger for me.

Edit:

I canā€™t work out the eye thing. If I insert a name, ā€œEā€, it gives me an eye choice, but if I insert ā€œRirieā€ it skips straight to skin choice with both genders. ā€œManaā€ skips, too, and if I manually insert one of the preset options ā€œNeroā€ it skips also. ā€œMayā€ and ā€œLeā€ have the same result, so Iā€™m thinking it must be because of the length or something? It doesnā€™t look like an easy fix, at least.

1 Like

Yesā€¦ I now remember the sceneā€¦
But I am not getting the eye problems like youā€¦male or femaleā€¦premade name or input nameā€¦ I can choose the eye colour
I only wish I could show you the proofā€¦

How do you get the option to ask for advice with the ROs? Whenever I get to that scene, I only get to choose ā€œnever mindā€, even though I have a pretty good relationship both with the people Iā€™m asking and the RO in question.

I didnā€™t get the jealous scenes when I dated both Nyx and Alison at the same time?

Two more are incoming. And the dagger part is purely an overlook on my part, I forgot all about the dagger and sword since I planned for them to come into play in the second book. :sweat_smile:

@Logan_McGoats I actually donā€™t know if it will effect the game or just new playthroughā€™s but you should pause just to see.

@maetropa I will definitely have to look into the eye one, I havenā€™t heard of that bug yet. But when it comes to the jealousy part. Nyx isnā€™t easily jealous so while writing there were some people, if flirting with both that didnā€™t seem like Nyx would be jealous. I would have to re-look at everything to see what causes what. Though, in the second book, jealousy will be larger since thatā€™s when you start locking in.

Presets skip because it chooses it for you. But if youā€™re making a custom one then Iā€™ll have to check.

@Mercy The money part was an oversight on me. Mostly because I always pictured them using the money to buy food for them and the animals, pay Jack, and keep up the house. Since none of your parents work and the only way they eat would be to buy. So I guess it could be interesting that if you donā€™t send money then that ending dinner scene doesnā€™t happen. :thinking:

@ADolphin One of them is messed up, the shader one, I just fixed it as I go through.

4 Likes

You can only ask for advice in specific matchups. You have to talk to Allison&Nyx for advice on Shader&Cassius, and talk to Cassius&Shader for advice on Nyx.

@ToxicDreams
Yeah itā€™s definitely a custom. Strange that it hasnā€™t happened to anyone else, I actually didnā€™t know there even was an eye choice until someone complimented my ā€œundefined eyesā€! Haha.

If jealousy is more important in book two, will there be another chance later on to have it set? Since you canā€™t have Cassius jealous of Shader in that you can only ask for advice as a package deal.

Thanks, Toxic!

Thanks for the quick reply! It seems like it was a bug as Toxic stated in her previous post; I always tried asking Allison&Nyx, but my RO is Shader.

On that note, @ToxicDreams, I think I may have found another one: On the Golden chance races, when I race with my red dragon, I always get the Born Racer achievement if my dragon chooses to run on the ground, no matter what I do. However, when I pick the option to jump over the rock wall, the text clearly indicates Iā€™m not in first (or second?) place anymore. I donā€™t know if you already know about it, or if itā€™s intentional, so I thought Iā€™d give you a heads up.

Iā€™m not so thank you for bringing it to my attention. That whole area I might need to read through slowly.

Iā€™m not quite sure I know what you mean by this.

@nulCat Nooooooo, my heaaaart so was so fuckin adorable. Well, atleast it wasnā€™t my fault.

Does anyone know the ā€œArched Pullā€ move for Dressage?

Earlier you said

Though, in the second book, jealousy will be larger since thatā€™s when you start locking in.

so I was wondering, if jealousy plays a larger role, will there be another point in time where you can trigger the jealousy flag, possibly in different combinations? Like, Cassius jealous if you like Shader, or etc.

Heyā€¦ I found it.

Itā€™s the fifth match (first capture the flag)ā€¦
In the code
*set won +1
is missingā€¦

#Neck arched, light stepping, and back Dragon up.

1 Like

I LOVE IT SO MUCH ITā€™S INSANE!!! Great job!