Dragon of Steelthorne—free update and expansion!

Originally published at: Dragon of Steelthorne—free update and expansion! - Choice of Games LLC

Dragon of Steelthorne by Vance Chance has been updated with two new chapters—30,000 words of new content. This update is free for all customers who have already purchased the game. For those who haven’t:

You can get Dragon of Steelthorne for 40% off until September 12th!

Rule a mighty city, fight battles, and embark on quests in a steampunk-fantasy land. As the Ardent or Ardessa of Lake Steelthorne, find love, power and a secret which could change the world.

Dragon of Steelthorne is a 170,000-word interactive novel by Vance Chance, weaving together story, city management and combat in a unique take on choice-based Interactive Fiction. Customize the level of challenge with four difficulty settings. It’s entirely text-based—without animation or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Now with two new chapters! Join your companions on more misadventures at the Great Carnival. Enjoy a night of dancing with them at the Windrose Ball.

• Play as male or female, straight or gay.
• Explore a story set in a world with steampunk and fantasy elements.
• Find romance from one of five possible love interests. Enjoy a romantic night with them at the Eternal Festival.
• Choose from one of five classes, with different effects on story, city management and combat.
• Manage a city and train soldiers to fight for you on missions.
• Enjoy a three-slot save system which provides the flexibility to try different options without losing progress or having to start over.

Decide the future of your mighty city as its leader and ruler.

29 Likes

Congrats @ChanceOfFire !

I’ve enjoyed your writing from the beginning of beta testing.

. :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Congrats Vance! Really cool!

4 Likes

Great idea for an expansion with so many different ways to approach play and explore the world! Choices galore!

3 Likes

@Eiwynn @Dan_Rasmussen @NumberedEntity Thanks all!

If you bought the game and enjoyed it, consider this update as my thanks for your support. If you were on the fence during the first release, I hope the additional content and the discount gives you a reason to take a look again.

Also, at long last, the prize for the Spring Thing is finally complete. Wade Clarke (severedhand) over at intfiction has created River Rescue Obby, a Roblox spin-off inspired by the original game. Some final touches have just been added to the game (and I just received a note that it’s done) so now is a good time to check it out! The game is entirely free to play- all you need is a free Roblox account!

Check it out here!

If you’d like to get some really cool spinoffs like this, consider putting your game in next year’s Spring Thing!

8 Likes

Glad to see this out :smiley:

3 Likes

I was a tester on this game, and … well, I think it got me interested in DoS.

For those who think “I’m not so good at Obbys/platformers” I think it’s still a lot of fun. I learned a lot about obbys from testing it. The main thing is to use the right mouse key to tilt the camera upwards so you can judge jumps better.

The game has some fun badges and secrets too.

1 Like

@Andrew_Schultz Thanks for helping to test River Rescue Obby, and welcome to the CoG forums!

Anyway, if anyone has any questions on the game, please feel free to put them here or in the main thread.

1 Like