Dragon of Steelthorne—Govern a city in a steampunk-fantasy land

Originally published at: Dragon of Steelthorne—Govern a city in a steampunk-fantasy land. - Choice of Games LLC

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Rule a mighty city, fight battles, and embark on quests in a steampunk-fantasy land. As the Ardent or Ardessa of Lake Steelthorne, find love, power and a secret which could change the world.

Dragon of Steelthorne is 40% off until May 9th!

Dragon of Steelthorne is a 140,000-word interactive novel by Vance Chance, weaving together story, city management and combat in a unique take on choice-based Interactive Fiction. It’s entirely text-based—without animation or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Play as male or female, straight or gay.
  • Explore a story set in a world with steampunk and fantasy elements.
  • Find romance from one of five possible love interests. Enjoy a romantic night with them at the Eternal Festival.
  • Choose from one of five classes, with different effects on story, city management and combat.
  • Manage a city and train soldiers to fight for you on missions.
  • Enjoy a three-slot save system which provides the flexibility to try different options without losing progress or having to start over.

Decide the future of your mighty city as its leader and ruler.

Vance developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

26 Likes

Three slot save system, huh…
Alright, you have my interest.

8 Likes

Simply by creating three copies of every permanent variable. :innocent:

I’m planning five slots for the sequel.

9 Likes

let’s goooo!!!

5 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations on the release.

1 Like

Congrats on the release. Can’t wait to see what the sequel will be like.

1 Like

YAY! Huge congrats, Vance. I’m excited to see this game out in the world and wish you much success with this and your future games! :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations! I just picked up my copy. Looking forward to seeing what you wrote.

1 Like

As author names go, Vance Chance is of the ‘A+, no notes’ variety. It gives me some Vice City vibes and that’s never a bad thing.

6 Likes

Oooo, you have my attention

1 Like

I’m surprised you highlighted the save files!

Anyway, all the best!

1 Like

Congratulations! I hope you get the chance to do something fun or relaxing to celebrate, and I’m excited that the sequel is on the horizon!

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! :heart:

I hope everyone is having fun! If you’ve any questions about the game, please feel free to reach out! :innocent:

6 Likes

Really enjoy the different difficulty settings and the movie/tv nerd in me is loving all the Easter eggs in the achievements

@ChanceOfFire
I just started the game and have not seen any save slots so far. Can you please tell me how far into the story does the save slots appear ?

Thanks so much

1 Like

There should be an option to save your game once you reach the city management section. It would be clearly indicated as “Save or Load the game”.

Edit: Restarting/Ending the game will wipe all save slots.

5 Likes

Is it just me, or is this game genderlocked as female? I don’t have an option to choose my gender, and my stats state I’m a Lady.

1 Like

It’s not genderlocked.

1 Like

Did you choose to bow or curtsy at the start of the game?

Yeah this is it. Thank you!

1 Like