Taking a break from my first WIP, Morsus Mihi, I’ve started working on a new one called Dominion. A (sort of) high-fantasy world where technology is in the process of transitioning from the Bronze Age to the Iron Age. It’s inspired from games such as Tyranny(a fair bit), Lords of Infinity, as well as @MahatmaDagon’s War for the West.
Dominion takes place in the fictional continent of Paradra, your story begins in a region cartographers mark as Havel. You start the game as the newly crowned lord/lady of a relatively small holding within Havel, trying to keep it all together without falling apart.
Currently, it’s only got most of the first chapter completed and the start of the second chapter done.
A couple of days ago I was bored and decided to open CSIDE again, due to school and other things I had forgotten about this game. Then saw I had already done some to it changes that were never updated and decided to use those and start it from scratch again. It’s not much as I would like but I’m satisfied with it.
So couple of things
- Updated the conversations with your cousins (Still have a couple paths the need to be finished)
- Added another chance for players who refused to swear by their swords during the Coronation
- Revamped the original prologue
- Added a couple childhood scenes to the introduction
- Finished the War room scene with Rowan
- Also changed the name of the game to Dominion, and the continent it takes place in, Paradra
Better late than never. Some stuff happened that delayed finishing and posting the update. The main things are I added a workable stats page that’s a work-in-progress and finished Chapter 2. Chapter 3 is where things start getting interesting. And before I start working on that giant, I need to tie-up
some loose ends.
For a while, I’ve been working on implementing an economy. Fortunately, it’s almost done. I also want to double-check any inconsistencies with the story or the lore. That way I can go about completing the stats page, especially with the glossary and persons of importance. There’s more of course, but this is all I could think of for now.
- Tons of fixing minor grammatical details
- Completing descriptions for childhood skills
- Polishing and improving some of the stat checks
- Fixed a few errors
- You can look at your skills now!