You are one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known, and ready to kick some dragon ass… In your imagination, while playing the tabletop RPG “Dice”. And only if the Game Master allows it.
You are a young man in a dead-end job you don’t enjoy. You’ve always been interested in fantasy tabletop role-playing games, but until you recently joined a forum dedicated to the subject you had been unable to convince others to play with you. Now that you do have people to play with, your favorite time of the week is when you gather in your new friend Pete’s sketchy apartment and escape your tiresome reality by immersing in whatever fantasy world Pete thought up.
Tonight, you are ready to start a new campaign in the theater of mind role-playing game Dice. You’ll be playing with Zeek, the guy who first invited you to play, Pete, your cruel omnipotent Game Master, and two mysterious newcomers.
- Play as not only yourself but also the medieval hero in the magical game of Dice
- Foster two new friendships, or work towards becoming more than just friends
- Become a kind holy hero or a ruthless dark warrior
- 16 different items
- 2 skills
- 1 magic spell
- 7 achievements (+1 currently unobtainable one)
- Over 20.000 words in total (including code)
- Contains violence and sexual innuendos
- Currently a choosable gender for your in-game hero, but a male genderlocked player (sorry ladies)
- Only female romance options, and it’s a goal of mine to push the romance to the background as much as possible
- The writing is simple but still manages to be awful (non-native speaker)
- Switching between what happens in the tabletop game and in real life may make it a confusing read
- Not everything is or will be perfectly balanced, some choices work out better than others (I do want most playing styles to be a viable option, though)
- I prefer hiding things so there’s only hidden achievements and choices (in the future there may be some grayed-out choices for buying something you can’t afford though)
Right now, I’m mostly interested in hearing what you feel like should have been option but wasn’t. Things like “I own this item and felt like I should have been able to use it this situation in this way but couldn’t”.
Playtest version 0.10.6
The short short first three chapters of the game.
[details=Changelog latest version]- Fixed game-breaking issue with temporary variable